What states did not play.....

vamp2syd

So what states did not play football this fall?
Which of those states are playing in the spring?
Of those, have any listed a start date for the spring season?

Thanks.....

NC did not play this fall. From the Charlotte Observer:

Football will be played from Feb. 8 through April 9. Season limited to seven games. Tucker said there are no plans to adjust the football calendar for the fall of 2021, though some modifications might be made to the summer workout and conditioning plans, which usually begin in early to mid June.
Aug 12, 2020

Per the article, the post season will likely be shorter than usual. I count nine weekends in the date period above. My brothers' alma mater will play their first game 2/29 and last game 4/9. In-school high school in the county starts back 01/21 - unless it gets postponed yet again. Cheers!

Last edited:
Seems kind of silly now, doesnt it, that some places didnt play...
I will never understand, take out the politics BS of it first, how some states justify not playing at all while others had a full season w/ playoffs. It's crazy.

I will never understand, take out the politics BS of it first, how some states justify not playing at all while others had a full season w/ playoffs. It's crazy.
I dont know, do some places think they have took the moral high ground on this?

What they did was a kin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I didn't look at the list, but wondering how football in the spring impacts baseball in the spring. Priorities, I suppose.....

I am waiting for California to decide if they are playing this spring or not. A friend of mine is a referee out there, and if they refuse to play football this spring like last fall, then he can come out to visit. Apparently, that decision is still up in the air.

I am waiting for California to decide if they are playing this spring or not. A friend of mine is a referee out there, and if they refuse to play football this spring like last fall, then he can come out to visit. Apparently, that decision is still up in the air.
I wonder how it would feel to have a full fledged spring season.
I dont know if I could really get into it.
Your whole life there are difference seasons and sports that go a long with it. I think one part of the reason why no other football league can be a viable product is the season it is in. AAF did their best by right after the NFL season.

I dont know, I jus think it would feel flat.

I didn't look at the list, but wondering how football in the spring impacts baseball in the spring. Priorities, I suppose.....
NC: The baseball season appears to be shifted into summer unless they have always done so. I dunno. From the article -

▪ Men’s soccer and boys and girls lacrosse will run from Jan. 11 through March 12. First games will be Jan. 25.

▪ Football will be played from Feb. 8 through April 9. Season limited to seven games. Tucker said there are no plans to adjust the football calendar for the fall of 2021, though some modifications might be made to the summer workout and conditioning plans, which usually begin in early to mid June.

▪ Golf, boys tennis, girls soccer and softball from March 1 through April 30. Games and matches will begin March 15.

Baseball, girls tennis, track and wrestling will run from April 12 through June 11. First games, meets and matches will begin April 26.

▪ Indoor track has been canceled for the 2020-21 school year.

Willing to bet that there will be no spring sports, including football, this year. The Covid virus is rising and new strains of it are constantly being discovered, some possibly immune from any vaccination. You should be more concerned about football next fall.

Willing to bet that there will be no spring sports, including football, this year. The Covid virus is rising and new strains of it are constantly being discovered, some possibly immune from any vaccination. You should be more concerned about football next fall.
Hope you enjoy your basement

Seems kind of silly now, doesnt it, that some places didnt play...
Well, because there was reason enough to believe then that playing could be a public health threat? There wasn't an example of how to play a football season in the pandemic for these states to lean on; it was either "play" and see what happens, or wait.

Well, because there was reason enough to believe then that playing could be a public health threat? There wasn't an example of how to play a football season in the pandemic for these states to lean on; it was either "play" and see what happens, or wait.
Yes, you're point is true that at the beginning we didn't. But plenty of states playing in August, September, and October with no community spread after a study of over 1,000 games (https://footballscoop.com/news/over...layed-zero-reports-of-community-covid-spread/) or coaching spread (https://footballscoop.com/news/one-...-on-sports-returning-covid-and-mental-health/) but some of these states still wouldn't budge. Why not go back and look at the provided research and then make another decision?

Yes, you're point is true that at the beginning we didn't. But plenty of states playing in August, September, and October with no community spread after a study of over 1,000 games (https://footballscoop.com/news/over...layed-zero-reports-of-community-covid-spread/) or coaching spread (https://footballscoop.com/news/one-...-on-sports-returning-covid-and-mental-health/) but some of these states still wouldn't budge. Why not go back and look at the provided research and then make another decision?
Fair. I don't think it really has anything to do with sanctimony as thavoice suggested in post #6; it just boils down to assumption of risk and how individual states are willing to go about it. I'm of the opinion that it was a good idea for Ohio to play football in hindsight and as it happened, although before the season started I thought it could be a bad idea.