What schools own their own FAT system?

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
I went out to the Owls nest at Mt. Healthy just to see how they were timing their meet. As it turns out, I found out Mt. Healthy does indeed have their own FAT equipment. I saw the Finishlynx camera hanging over the finish line and a computer in a tent behind it.

They join Mason in Cincinnati who has owned an FAT system since 2010. Who else out there has their own? Let's hear it.

The Owls bought their system used from X college/university last year, but in good shape.

Outside of the Owls & Comets, I don't know of any others locally with their own FAT.

Moeller will probably have one within the year. I know that they have been looking to install the system the past few years.

The Owls bought their system used from X college/university last year, but in good shape.

Outside of the Owls & Comets, I don't know of any others locally with their own FAT.

New Richmond has FAT. They got theirs the year they started hosting the D2 & D3 district meets.

New Richmond has FAT. They got theirs the year they started hosting the D2 & D3 district meets.

Uhh, that's not the information I have. I've been told that NR owns a Sprint-8 type system (Gun start, hand plunger finish for each lane) which is definitely not FAT. I was told that the FAT they've had at the district meets is provided by GHGTiming. I know for a fact that there is no FAT at their own invites and relays, despite them forwarding performances to Baumspage & MileSplit as if they were (They're not the only ones to do such).

Uhh, that's not the information I have. I've been told that NR owns a Sprint-8 type system (Gun start, hand plunger finish for each lane) which is definitely not FAT. I was told that the FAT they've had at the district meets is provided by GHGTiming. I know for a fact that there is no FAT at their own invites and relays, despite them forwarding performances to Baumspage & MileSplit as if they were (They're not the only ones to do such).

I was told by their people at the 2006 district meet that they were using their own new system. It was pretty obvious the people running it were not the most experienced and they had trouble with it for the first few events. Maybe it wasn't actually theirs or maybe they got rid of it. If that was GHG that day they must have just gotten the system.

In The Northeast:
Fairless uses a lynx system for the Regional and have a nice scoreboard where spectators can see the FAT time as each race ends... BUT I think they have someone else working it for the Regional as their early season Invite usually has some problems and many events are Hand-timed.... but still entered in Hy-tec as FAT.

Woodridge has a FAT system (Not Lynx - not sure what their system is, but they use it for most recent PTC championship meets.

East Canton also has the Finishlynx system with hytek scoring. They also used their system At Sandy Valley for the Lidderdale Meet. Also have done the PTC meets.

Massillon Jackson has their own Lynx system

East Palestine has a Lynx and some very good operators for most of their meets.

Massillon Perry Has a great system and faciliity for it. The have a 2-story building at the finish line so the camera is out of the weather and the operator is right there... they do an outstanding job

Ena - are you sure that the Lidderdale meet was FAT? I put it in as hand timed because typically when meets are done in FAT times over a minute are reported as 1:xx.xx, not 6x.xx or 7x.xx like the Lidderdale results showed.

Typically when I see results reported as 6x.xx I put them in as hand timed. That is just one of the things that I look for to determine if it was HT or FAT. Other things include only timing to the scored places in the distance events (or a few places after) as well as reporting distance events to tenths of second and all sprint events to hundredths. I don't catch all of the hand timed meets that are reported wrong, but I do try to catch them when I can.

Moeller will probably have one within the year. I know that they have been looking to install the system the past few years.

Why would Moeller get one when they don't even have a full sized track? Nevermind the fact that we never host any meets that would warrant one anyway.

Why would Moeller get one when they don't even have a full sized track? Nevermind the fact that we never host any meets that would warrant one anyway.

That just means that Lockland will have one too. They should bring the district meet back there.

TheRealOHRunners
Yes, the Lidderdale meet was FAT (Lynx), but the Hyteck and Lynx computers were not "talking" so the times were typed into Hytec... that is how the Hytec operator typed them in. The sensor did not work for the Finals of the boys 110 hurdles and the Girls 300 hurdles, so those two events were hand-timed at the finish and were all bumped up to the next 10th of a second.

This was also the problem at the Fairless Tri-county invitational and now I see why most of these events were seen as hand-timed even though only a couple of races were not caught on the Lynx camera... They typed all those times into hy-tec off the picture and thats why there were 4-5 minutes between heats and races.

In extreme NW Ohio, I know the following schools have FAT.

FinishLynx:
Defiance
Tinora
Napoleon
Liberty Center

FlashTiming (various forms, ranging from the old PyroBright VCR setup to the latest digital converter):
Bryan
Montpelier
Parkway

Tiffin Columbian also uses a FlashTiming setup for their District and Regional and the same officials use that setup at the Ayersville District, but I don't know who owns it.