What places have gone out of business because of Covid-19 that you would have returned to once the pandemic is done?

hubman

It's okay Hubman. Ruth's Chris is decent but there's plenty of other steak houses that are superior.
Please name them, because I am a huge fan of Ruth's Chris (not that I make it there very often, budgetary constraints). With the pending Covid relief headed to my account I am more than willing to try out a couple of your suggestions to test your hypothesis!

Orin Swift

Please name them, because I am a huge fan of Ruth's Chris (not that I make it there very often, budgetary constraints). With the pending Covid relief headed to my account I am more than willing to try out a couple of your suggestions to test your hypothesis!
It's been a couple years since I've been to Cleveland so I'm not sure which are currently open (or have shut the doors permanently themselves) but Red the Steakhouse and Marble Room are both darn good. As far as chains go, I found Capital Grille to be superior to Ruth's Chris.

I haven't been but I've heard incredible things about Cabin Club out in Westlake.

hubman

It's been a couple years since I've been to Cleveland so I'm not sure which are currently open (or have shut the doors permanently themselves) but Red the Steakhouse and Marble Room are both darn good. As far as chains go, I found Capital Grille to be superior to Ruth's Chris.

I haven't been but I've heard incredible things about Cabin Club out in Westlake.
Thanks!! Any Akron suggestions (I've been to Diamond Grille and Flemings)

oldline70

Retro Dog in Cuyahoga Falls closed in the Fall. We usually went there a couple times a year. Good food and atmosphere.
Usually I agree with your take on the local places, Yappi, but on this one I differ. Service (to me at least) seemed to be going downhill (slow service seemed anecdotally to be the norm), and even though the food quality was pretty good, the prices to me for what you got were kind of out of bed. I'm sorry to see RD go, but frankly not all that surprised.