What now to with CC runners now that Track is cancelled.

CC Track Fan

What would you with runners now to prepare for CC. When there was a track season it was easy train to peak at final track meet take a down/off week or two and then into base miles for CC increase though out the summer.

Do you have the kids take down/off week now and start the CC base miles around May 1st?

Do you have them continue developing speed for a few week and have the run a few time trials to simulate racing. Then take down/off time and ready to start CC base after Memorial day?

Or since they may have never did much hard running and no races do they even need to take the down/off time and can just roll straight into base CC training?

madman

Not racing is disappointing, but I think it's in most athletes best long term interest to complete their training cycle.

grange45

I say just let them run leisurely to stay in shape right now. They need it more as a stress reliever than anything else. Most student athletes are struggling with the online schooling and the uncertainty of the future. Its too early to project what's going to happen in the fall (even the summer for that matter).

SMARTY22

CC runners should train on their own, with no guarantee that CC season will even happen in the Fall. The start of a CC race and Social Distancing guidelines will be very interesting to see!

grange45

This was thrown out last night.
VB and XC would be Spring Sports also.
Would be for 2 years.
I hate that. If they approve that schedule and the new fall sports later gets cancelled then track gets hit again. There better be a clause in there doesn't make that happen and we can have a season in the spring. If they keep it even after they cancel fall sports it will show they are mainly looking to make sure they get the money maker football in next year.

It doesn’t solve anything for track and the cancellation. We are still out a season and maybe two. The seniors are still unable to compete.

Last edited:

panott

I hate that. If they approve that schedule and the new fall sports later gets cancelled then track gets hit again. There better be a clause in there doesn't make that happen and we can have a season in the spring. If they keep it even after they cancel fall sports it will show they are mainly looking to make sure they get the money maker football in next year.

It doesn’t solve anything for track and the cancellation. We are still out a season and maybe two. The seniors are still unable to compete.
Where did it say anything about Cross Country?

psycho_dad

I spoke with coach Howard today and he is very sorry by the poor example his boys team showed at the state meet last year! He promises that if they start school and have a cross country season, he will make sure that the Woodridge kids finish 6 feet away from each other and quite a bit ahead of everyone else. Cross his heart.