What Movies Did You Watch in September 2020?

The Sound (Canada-2017)

Horror: A woman uses sound waves to disprove hauntings until she meets her match in an abandoned subway station... 4.0/8

Went to see "Tenet" yesterday. Very long movie, as I fell asleep during parts of it. I found it confusing as the plot dealt with alternatives in time, not my favorite subject of a movie. Most interesting thing to me in the movie was the female lead. She must be 6'2" of 6'3". She towered over all the male characters. As for the movie itself, I say skip it.

Tenet - 2/8

Utter trash; extremely scatterbrained with no real point. Almost got up and left 90 minutes in but stayed until the end. That was a mistake

And based on previews there's not going to be anything else worth seeing for the next six months either, expect for 007 in November.

Back to School (1986) 5/8 Rodney Dangerfield plays a wealthy clothing store owner who returns to college in his 50's to prove to his son the education is important. A lot of laughs. I loved Dangerfield when I was a kid.

Deadpool 2 (2018) 3/8 First time seeing this one since the theater and I didn't like it nearly as much. It has some laughs and the end scene is really good, but I got tired of the goofy narrating and the second run jokes. They should have done something different between the 1st and 2nd movie.

The Turkey Bowl (2019) 2/8 Found this on one of my streaming channels. A guy gets drawn back to his home town so he and his high school buddies can finish a football game that was canceled at halftime due to a blizzard. Not very good. A lot a bad acting.

Hostiles (2017) 6/8 Christian Bale plays Captain Joseph Blocker who is given the duty of seeing aging Native American war chief he fought for many years back to his homeland as he dies from cancer. The trip starts in New Mexico and ends in Montana and they encounter many problems along the way that changes how the two feel about each. A little slow, but a good story and good movie overall.

The Devil All the Time (2020) 6/8 A new Netflix original starring Tom Holland as a young man who's encountered nothing by tragedy in his life. I really liked this and there was some great character acting. Well done and a good story. I am looking forward to reading the book after seeing the movie.

Sounds like a couple to put on the list and I've not seen that Dangerfield movie in forever. That's on the list too.

Richard Jewell (2019)- Eastwood directed movie about the investigation of Richard Jewell following the 1996 Atlanta Olympics bombing. Pretty well done. 6.5/8.

Watched , the incident last week. It was Martin Sheen very 1st movie. The man has always had nice hair. It had 3 n-words and a cracker. The one soldier(Beau Bridges) finally saves the day. Ed McMahon was in the movie too.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) - I watched it for my 5th time and it never gets old. Not a great film structurally but very enjoyable for the then fresh young faces, great soundtrack and fascinating characters. One of my favorites.

6/8

Fear, Inc. (2016)

Horror: A horror junkie unsatisfied with haunted house contacts a company that guarantee's their scares but how serious do they take it? Pretty entertaining flick.... 5.5/8

Gamera 2: Region shurai (Japan-1996)

Kaiju Horror: The 10th Gamera movie but 2nd on the reboot and this time Gamera has to deal with Legion which is a very impressive force bent on changing the Earth's atmosphere in order to breed its own. Decent Gamera flick.... 4.0/8

Cathy's Curse (France-1977)

Horror: A young girl named Cathy starts to act strangely as those around her mysteriously die..... one has to like cheese to enjoy this one thankfully I do..... !!!! .... 4.5/8

The Amityville Horror (2005) 3.5/8 I guess this is a sequel to the original. Ryan Reynolds plays a recently married man to a single mother of 3 kids. They buy this big house in New York for a steal shortly after a massacre occurred there. It's not long before the house starts to get to Reynolds. Not the worst movie I've seen, but certainly not very good either.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 7/8 I started to watch Ratchet on Netflix's last night and thought maybe I should go back and watch this movie since I hadn't seen it since probably the early 90's. Excellent movie much better than I remember it being. Jack Nicholson is great. Has to be one of his better roles. I was surprised by all of the familiar faces too. A very young Danny Devito and Christopher Lloyd and a bunch of other recognizable faces.