What Movies Did You Watch In October 2019?

The Mule - 4/8

Ended way too fast with a bunch of loose ends. The crossfire scene on the highway at the end was laughable.

The Mule - 4/8

Ended way too fast with a bunch of loose ends. The crossfire scene on the highway at the end was laughable.
When I saw that movie, someone asked me how it was. I was able to explain the entire plot in about 25 words. Very simple, straight-forward movie. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I was constantly waiting for something big or shocking to happen, just to find out the movie WAS just the entire process and nothing more.

Neverknock (Canada-2017)

Horror: Halloween.... each small town has one of those houses that no one goes to well, the new girl is in town and when her little sis knocks on the door it wakes something sinister. Poor acting but otherwise not to bad .... 4.0/8

Hocus Pocus (1993) - Fun to watch again. Sarah Jessica Parker was very cute.

5/8

Pet Sematary
- Good solid film. John Lithgow is always a plus in a film.

5/8

Neighbors (2014) 5/8 A fraternity moves in next door to a young family in their first home. Pretty funny, kind of dumb. Overall worth watching.

Ma (2019) 4/8 An older woman starts buying alcohol for some high school kids then starts letting them party in her basement, until things start to get weird. Pretty predictable and I kept waiting for some good slasher type horror that never happened.

3 From Hell: 3.5/8

The Lion King (2019): 3/8

Where was you able to see 3 From Hell? It had a very limited release. It wasn't showing anywhere within an hour of me. I love the Zombie directed movies and Devil's Rejects is my favorite. Really looking forward to seeing it.

Where was you able to see 3 From Hell? It had a very limited release. It wasn't showing anywhere within an hour of me. I love the Zombie directed movies and Devil's Rejects is my favorite. Really looking forward to seeing it.
You can rent on Amazon prime video for 5 bucks if you have that. No idea besides that. I'd like to know other sources too

Rings (2017)

Horror: The Ring 3 .... Well, they blew this one. I stayed away from this as long as I could as I had not heard anything good about well.... I now see why. It is not as bad as Ringu 5 but that is not saying much ... 3.5/8

The Dungeon of Harrow (1962)

Horror: Horror? Maybe horrible.... 2 mates are shipwrecked on an island where they meet a mad count. Annoying narrative with mumbling nonsense of conversations.... 2.0/8

Ominous (2015)

Horror: Oh geez, is that Barry Watson.... A family gets a miracle when their 7 year old boy returns from the grave but you know it is not going to go well and apparently these parents have never seen Pet Sematary. This one wasn't that bad until we got half way into it and then it turned into a Sy Fy channel type movie.... oh wait, it is one... never mind.... Very cheesy and not in a good way crow scene ... 3.0/8

The Final Wish (2018)

Horror: A down on his luck Chicago lawyer heads back to his home town in Jackson Ohio to deal with his mother when he comes across a strange urn that changes his luck. This one has the old lady from the Insidious movies in it and she does an amazing job. Otherwise, nothing really special .... 4.5/8

Angels' Alley (1948) - Sach, Slip and the Boys take on a local mob boss with a penchant for practical jokes. The twist here is that there is a Irish Catholic priest trying to keep the boys on track. Great line when Slip gets shot down by a neighborhood floozy and is demonstrating his disappointment on the sidewalk when he turns around to find his local parish priest. Slip says "oh, fudder, I was just heading down to church" and then asks "are you going my way?" to which the priest responds "yes, but I don't sing". If you don't get that gag you don't watch enough old movies.

5/8

L'etrusco Uccide Ancora (Italy-1972)

Giallo? Horror: aka The Dead are Alive ... I went into this thinking it was going to be an old European zombie flick and that was the farthest from the truth. This was more like a Giallo where we have a string of murders take place at an archaeological expedition dig. There was some interesting characters but this was a slow burn that unfortunately could not keep my attention but it did get better near the end.... too late though.... 3.0/8

I Spit On Your Grave 2 (2013)

Horror: A model looking for a great deal is unaware of the horrific acts that will be done to her. This one was brutal and tough to watch.... 4.5/8

Angels in Disguise (1949) - As you can tell, I am going through a Bowery Boys phase. This one was very different than most and hearkens back to the origin of the Boys as the Dead End Kids in a series of dark crime films, including, the Bogart/Cagney film Angels with Dirty Faces (1938). It wants to be a noir film, with dark atmospherics and a voice over introduction. Although the Sach character continues to crack wise and Louie gets forced into portraying a mob boss to comic affect, most of the performances are straight drama.

5/8

Nothing Sacred (1937)
- Fake news! This screwball comedy really skewers the mainstream media of the 1930's (much of which holds true today). Good solid performances and some funny bits.

5/8

Leprechaun 7: Origins

Horror: A groups of young adults vacationing in Ireland go off the beaten path to check out some ancient stones but find something else instead.... well, I was expecting the short green guy with the funny comments but this one did not have him but instead a more demonic looking creature. This was falls apart as it really does not make much sense if you really think about it..... oh well, I never really liked any of the :Leprechaun movies anyhow.... 3.0/8

3 From Hell (2019) 3/8 I thought the first hour was great. I thought the second hour was as bad as the the first was great. Not Zombie's best work for sure and only a fraction of the movie that Devil's Rejects was. Overall a little disappointing.

Crawl: 5.5/8

Billed as one of the surprise hits of the year, it lives up to the hype. You go in wondering how they're going to pull off a full movie with such a simplistic concept of "Gators attacking humans during a hurricane", but they do, and not in the way of say a Sharknado.

There's genuine drama and suspense and for the most part everything is kept realistic.

I'd given it another half a point had they used the alternate opening they put in motion comic form on the special features. IMO it would have been one of the best scenes in the movie. Disappointed they didn't use it.