What Movies Did You Watch In October 2019?

Purplemojo

For my Eastisbest friend I got back to my WWII films. Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942) - a decent commando film centered in occupied Norway. Paul Muni does a great job portraying a Norwegian widower with a young daughter when the Germans invade their fishing village. When he has had too much he escapes to England and returns with a vengeance. Silent film star (here we go again) Lillian Gish does well playing a village housewife.

5/8

eastisbest

For my Eastisbest friend I got back to my WWII films. Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942) - a decent commando film centered in occupied Norway. Paul Muni does a great job portraying a Norwegian widower with a young daughter when the Germans invade their fishing village. When he has had too much he escapes to England and returns with a vengeance. Silent film star (here we go again) Lillian Gish does well playing a village housewife.

5/8
Some of those silent stars translated really well. I actually do have Keaton's "The General" on my to-do list. Right now I'm halfway through "Black Robe," A film about a Jesuit Priest in the Alconguin, recommended to me on another thread. REALLY good so far.

irish_buffalo

annual watches....

Trick 'R Treat (2008) ... 7.0/8

Halloween (1978) ... 7.0/8
Every year at this time I make a point to re-watch Halloween and Halloween II back to back (I believe the first one is called "John Carpenter's Halloween" and the second is simply "Halloween"). Regardless, good stuff.

PantherProud

Fast Five: 5.5/8

Slowly working my way through the series. The Rock, Gal Gadot, and Elsa Pataky inject some much needed energy into the franchise. From what I've heard, this is considered the best of the franchise, so we'll see how the others go. I also believe this is one of the last ones where the action scenes are still realistic. Watching the Rock and Vin Diesel go at it was fun. Looking forward to getting to the one(s?) with the criminally underrated/undercast Luke Evans.