What Movies Did You Watch in May 2020?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4108 Midnight Kiss (US-2019) ... 5.0/8

#4109 My Valentine (US-2020) ... 1.0/8

#4110 Uncanny Annie (US-2019) ... 4.0/8

#4111 It: Chapter Two (Canada-2019) ... 5.5/8

#4112 The Little Stranger (UK-2018) ... 3.0/8

#4113 Welp (Belgium-2014)... aka "Cub" ... 6.0/8

#4114 Godzilla King of Monsters (US-2019) ... 2.5/8

#4115 Invitation to Hell (US-1984) ... 5.5/8

#4116 The Crooked Man (US-2016) ... 2.0/8

#4117 The Wind (US-2018) ... 4.0/8

#4118 Better Watch Out (Australia-2016) ... 5.0/8

#4119 The Hollow Child (Canada-2017) ... 4.5/8

#4120 The Curse of La Llorona (US-2019) ... 5.5/8

#4121 The Witchmaker (US-1969) ... 2.0/8

#4122 Daniel Isn't Real (US-2019) ... 6.5/8

#4123 Delivered (US-2020) ... 5.0/8

#4124 Kamera Wo Tomeruna! (Japan-2017) ... aka "One Cut of the Dead" ... 6.0/8

#4125 Vuelven (Mexico-2017) ... aka "Tigers Are Not Afraid" ... 4.5/8

#4126 Overlord (US-2018) ... 3.5/8

#4127 M.D.C. Maschera Di Cera (Italy-1997) ... aka "Wax Mask" ... 4.5/8

#4128 Tragedy Girls (US-2017) ... 5.0/8

#4129 Z (Canada-2019) ... 4.5/8

#4130 Almost Human (US-2013) ... 5.0/8

Last edited:

Midnight Kiss (2019)

Horror: A group of gay guys have a bash and then head to the bar New Years Eve to find a random guy to kiss at midnight..... well, their plans have a hitch in it as someone is pissed off at them knocking them off one by one..... Its a gay slasher film!!!!!!! This one was not too shabby.... 5.0/8

My Valentine (2020)

Horror: I did not like anything about this one and I don't even remembered how it ended, I must of fallen a sleep. Basically a record producer tries to force a woman to write new material and blah blah blah who gives a crap..... 1.0/8

Sixth Sense .... 7.5/8

Seen this one multiple times, turned on the TV when I got home it was just starting on one of the Showtime channels.... within minutes I was gushing which continued throughout the movie.....

Sixth Sense .... 7.5/8

Seen this one multiple times, turned on the TV when I got home it was just starting on one of the Showtime channels.... within minutes I was gushing which continued throughout the movie.....

Whenever I watched this, my ex would always say I was blessed to be so forgetful. Never understood but yes, I like this movie.

Shark Night (2011) 1.5/8 A group of college kids head to a lake house for a weekend. The lake is oddly full of sharks. Probably the most outrageous shark movie I've seen this side of Sharknado. Very predictable and just not very good.

American Gun (2005) 3/8 Basically it's telling three different stories about how guns impact the life of Americans. One story take place in Oregon, one in the inner city of Chicago, and the other at the University of Virginia. Kind of slow and none of the stories really had an ending.

Starship Trooper (1997) - A bit schizophrenic, I get what they were trying to do. I liked all of the 1940's WWII movie cliches. Yeah, the military is, by its nature, not a democratic organization, but the nazi like uniforms were a bit too much. The statement about propaganda is well taken. The concept of only those who are committed to the nation enough to fight for it should vote is not a novel idea as I am sure that is how my family became Roman citizens two millennia ago, as well as several members of my family getting their US citizenship after serving in the US military as legal aliens during the last century. The concept has some merit.

Good movie, could have been better. A remake is not worth it unless they find another young Denise Richards type. She makes the film worth watching all by herself.

I think that I will now read the book.

6/8

Uncanny Annie (2019)

Horror: Halloween night and some college folk plays a Jumanji type game that unleashes a sinister Entity named Annie.... 4.0/8

Ghost Rider (2007) 3/8 Nicholas Cage plays Marvel hero Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. Eva Mendez plays his girl. Origin story not great, never was a big fan of the comic.

Cadillac Records (2008) 5/8 Musical biopic about the famed Chess Records which was the early home of a lot of American Blues in the 50's. Movie follows the career of Muddy Waters, but has several other musicians including Little Walter, Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry and Etta James. I usually like these type of movies and this one was no different. The music alone makes it worth watching.

Alpha Dog (2006) 5/8 True story about a beef gone wrong between a group of young drug dealers/wannabe gangsters that takes a dark turn at the end. Movie could have been better if it wasn't so scattered. I thought Justin Timberlake was really good as well as Ben Foster who played Mazursky.

Yesterday 6/8 easy rewatchable movie. Not really about a world without the Beatles, which might be interesting also. Plenty of good music and likable characters.

220px-Fast_%26_Furious_Presents_Hobbs_%26_Shaw_-_theatrical_poster.jpg

Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Action flick - part of the 'Fast & Furious' franchise

Got the DVD

:>---

SALT

Strictly out of boredom, I watched on consecutive nights movies starring Jennifer Lopez. At least the second one, "Hustlers", showed a lot of skin.

Oh it's boredom you want to talk about,

War and Peace (mini series). Eh. I've one more of the six to go, so far it's barely dipping a toe into the shallow side of the pool.

Pulp Fiction (1994) 8/8 Personally I think this is not only Tarantino's best work but one of the best movies ever made. Great cast, multiple really good story lines that all tie together, and some awesome dialogue.

Anatomy of a Murder: 5/8 typical deus ex machina rape/murder courtroom comedy. Apparently applauded for its realistic depiction of trial. The wiki is an interesting read. It's worth watching just for Eve Arden's snark and 15 seconds of great acting by George C Scott near the end.

The Little Stranger (UK-2018)

Drama/Horror: A country doctor pays a visit to a crumbling manor where he often visited as a child to learn that the residents are haunted by a presence. This was a very slow burn and unfortunately I burned out before it ended. Not sure what to make of it as it was likely deeper than what I got out of it..... 3.0/8

Welp (Belgium-2014)

Adventure/Horror: Also known as "Cub", A Cub Scout group camps out in the woods where legend states that a wild werewolf like boy named Kai hunts. This one was pretty good and spoiler alert, not all the cub scouts make it out alive!!!! .... 6.0/8

Godzilla King of Monsters (US-2019)

Kaiju: I don't want to get into this one but it is just another Americanized peace of crap..... 2.5/8