What Movies Did You Watch in March 2020?

The Body (2018)

Horror: A hit man runs into complications on Halloween night. Some nice kills but the ending was less to desire..... 4.5/8

Pyewacket (Canada-2017)

Horror: A teen girl believes she may have summoned a Pyewacket after getting pissed off by her mother. Pretty good psychological horror here.... 6.5/8

Pet Sematary (2019)

Horror: Oh why do we need a remake of this one... OK, I will bite as I always do so here we go. Same story but with some change and in the end oh yeah almost forgot the great Mr. John Lithgow one of my favs is in it it wasn't that bad and the ending is much darker..... not as good as the original but no complaints..... 5.5/8

American Pie (1999) 6/8 Classic high school comedy. Funny story, I was in Nashville last summer and one of the main actors (guy who played Kevin) was playing in one of the honky tonks. His band played the Stifler's Mom song. He actually wasn't bad, but seemed a little old to be trying to start a music career.

American Pie 2 (2001) 4.5/8 Not as good as the original, but still solid comedy.

Richard Jewell (2019) 5/8 I thought this was pretty good, better than what some others posted. I didn't think the movie made Jewell look slow, just somewhat backwards. I thought the movie was a little slow, but otherwise it was a good story.

The Hunt: 5.5/8

Many of you will love it as it is about these rich liberal elites who hunt everyday right-wing good-ole-folks in some odd ball rich persons hunger game. But they picked the wrong gal. Has some really good subtle satire IMO and the pace kept moving.

A Wrinkle in Time (2018) ... 3.0/8

I am a huge fan of this book and Madeleine L'Engle's stories of the Miller family. That being said there were a lot of things I did not like about this movie.

1) The Cast.... did not like Charles Wallace, Meg, Calvin, Mom, and 2 of the 3 Misses..... don't get me started on the Happy Medium though I do like Zach in other stuff....

2) Charles Wallace was not adopted and what happened to the twins Sandy and Dennys? Oh, they just totally did not exist in this one.

3) The misses did not dress the way they did in the book instead they were over (I'm getting old and all that partying I did when I was young has messed up my memory when it comes to words.....) Yes, that bugged me.

4) Calvin..... In the movie we are to believe that Calvin just met Meg when in the book he was constantly over the house. Calvin also had a crap load of brothers and sisters in the book but was not mentioned in the movie which was the main reason why he left to go "on the journey"

oh that word came to me now.... "elaborate"

5) Mrs. Whatsit became annoying in the quotes she was stating..... while she did do that in the book it was not all the time like in the movie and she never quoted rap music.... also, that creature thing she turned in resembles something from "The Never Ending Story" than the Pegasus creature she turned into in the book.

6) They left out a whole scene when the dad, Calvin, and Meg leave for another planet to regroup.... OK, maybe saving time or something but I am being picky.

7) My favorite scene from the book is when the kids come across the other kids in Camazotz. This scene was totally blown and what the heck happened.... Camazotz does not change shape like that.... and IT is a "brain" not a tentacle circular creature. Plus, that tornado scene never existed in the book.... that just totally blew Camazotz for me...

Maybe I am being picky but if you don't like most of the cast how can you enjoy the movie?

Black Tar Heroin Dark End of the Street: 7.5/8. HBO doc from mid 90s on street junkies in SF. There’s a lot of these types of docs, but this is probably the best. The soundtrack is absolutely perfect as well. What’s crazy to think about is the lengths these people went through to get their fix 20+ yrs ago and today heroin is far more addictive now that it’s cut with fentanyl. I don’t even want to imagine what those withdrawals must be like.

The Hunt: 5.5/8

Many of you will love it as it is about these rich liberal elites who hunt everyday right-wing good-ole-folks in some odd ball rich persons hunger game. But they picked the wrong gal. Has some really good subtle satire IMO and the pace kept moving.

Hmm I thought I had heard it was right wingers hunting liberals.

Waynes World 2.

I cannot believe I never seen it before. Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.
It gets unfairly criticized. It’s not as good as the first one, but it’s hardly bad, even by slapstick comedy standards.

Yesterday (2019)- Singer/songwriter, after a freak bus accident during a global blackout, wakes up to discover that The Beatles never existed. He then essentially steals their stuff to become a huge overnight sensation. Interesting and moderately entertaining. 5/8.

Instant Family (2018)- couple adopts three siblings. Predictable yet entertaining. Lot of Mark Wahlberg being Mark Wahlberg. Great performance by the young woman that played the troubled teen. 5.5/8.

It gets unfairly criticized. It’s not as good as the first one, but it’s hardly bad, even by slapstick comedy standards.
Wonder if the retread jokes fell deaf on me since its been 27 or so years since the original came out. Mayve if i saw it right away it woulda been worn

Flesh & Blood (2018)

Horror: A teen girl who suffers from agoraphobia finds that what is lurking in her house could be more dangerous than what it outside. This one kept me guessing and changing my mind through out.... 6.0/8

The Prodigy (Canada-2019)

Horror: It's Brody from Loche and Key playing an evil little kid who believes there is something in his head. This one got pretty intense as it went on and I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.... 6.5/8

New Year, New You (2018)

Horror: It is new years eve and a group of friends decide to get together to celebrate but something else is going on. A bunch of blah blah blah and then the action starts.... 4.0/8

El Hoyo (Spain-2019)

Horror: The Platform.... a man enters a vertical prison where those above eat better than those below. I get it but it doesn't mean I have to like it and I'll just leave it at that.... 3.0/8

Saw "Crawl" last night about a father and daugter trapped in the crawl space of an old house during a major hurricane. With the water starts pouring in, so do two 10-foot alligators, and the fun begins. Highly recommended.

Saw "Crawl" last night about a father and daugter trapped in the crawl space of an old house during a major hurricane. With the water starts pouring in, so do two 10-foot alligators, and the fun begins. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the heads up..... Just found out I have Epix, did not know that, and it is coming on tomorrow so I got it DVRing....

Agreed. That movie is so much better than it had any business being based on the premise.

Not to mention it has the severely underrated Kaya Scodelario.