What Movies Did You Watch in March 2020?

Society (1989)

Horror Comedy: Billy doesn't fit in with all his rich friends at his elite private school but what he did not expect something really sinister was going to happen. Boooo..... this one went down hill very fast once they threw in the comedy. Not for me baby!!!! ... 2.5/8

Greta - Haus ohne Männer (Canada-1977)

Horror: "Ilsa, The Wicked Warden" ... Yes, it is Ilsa again as she is the warden at a mental institution for sexually deviant women. A new girl shows up under cover as she suspects wrong doing when her sister goes missing so let the fun begin. This one lacks from the previous Ilsa films but I will always enjoy women in cages exploitation films!!!! ..... 3.5/8

Kei yau yeh (Hong Kong-2013)

Horror: Tales From The Dark 2 .... Anthology with 3 stories. 1) Pillow - Following a fight a woman cannot sleep after her boyfriend takes off ... will a new pillow do the trick? 2) Hide and Seek ... High school students sneak into their old school scheduled to be demolish for one last night of fun and a game with ghosts! 3) Black Umbrella - a man who does good deeds run into some bad elements while walking in Hong Kong. All 3 stories are pretty good but I like the 3rd best followed closely by the 2nd..... overall...... 5.0/8

All Hell Breaks Loose (2014)

Horror Comedy: Very low budget about a nerd who keeps dying by the hands of a hellish motorcycle gang. Random movie club pic of the bad horror flicks and this one stunk up the barrel........ 1.0/8

Vittra (Sweden-2012)

Horror: Also known as "Wither" .... Friends decide to hang out at an abandoned house to discover something evil is dwelling. A bit of "Evil Dead" feel here, well not really, plus some zombie action..... Not too shabby from Sweden.... 5.0/8

Contagion

I laughed when Gwenyth Paltrow died, but the high point for me was when the authories announced that the cure vacine would be handed out according to birth dates, and my birthday was chosen first. Cheers that startled the audience.

Contagion

I laughed when Gwenyth Paltrow died, but the high point for me was when the authories announced that the cure vaccine would be handed out according to birth dates, and my birthday was chosen first. Cheers that startled the audience.
Don't count on that in real life.

Spenser Confidential - 3/8

Another Netflix movie that looks like it has potential and never lives up to the hype. Poorly written, story is old and used. The Irish-Boston cops vs. bad guys schtick has gotten old.

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) 3/8 Reboot of the original, not as good. Don't like the new Freddy. Not much added to the story.

Uncut Gems (2020) 4/8 Adam Sandler plays a Jewish jewelry dealer on a run of bad luck. He finally has some luck, but things don't turn out the way he planned. The ending probably saved this one from being a 2 or 3 out of 8 for me. Thought Sandler was really good in a straight role, but the movie as a whole was lacking.

The Butcher (South Korea-2007)

Horror: Torture film, 4 people are tied up and video taped as they are tortured in order to make a snuff film. This seemed like a "Guinea Pig" wanna be and was more annoying then anything else. Too bad as the one in the mask could of been terrifying with the right script.... 2.0/8

Liu Jai Yim Taam (Hong Kong - 1990)

Horror Fantasy: Erotic Ghost Story.... After 1000 years of meditating 3 hot women have to last a few more weeks until they can become human but unfortunate for them but not us they become extremely horny!!!! .... Lots of fun as well as other things with this one.... 6.0/8

Sinister 2 (2015)

Horror: I didn't realize it was a sequel until I was already into the movie when it showed "Sinister 2" at the end of the intro. Oh well. A decent movie with suspense throughout. Storyline was okay but again, wish I had seen the first movie. The very end of the movie left a lot of questions, so I would have liked more answers, but overall not a bad movie. ... 4.5-5/8

Sinister 2 (2015)

Horror: I didn't realize it was a sequel until I was already into the movie when it showed "Sinister 2" at the end of the intro. Oh well. A decent movie with suspense throughout. Storyline was okay but again, wish I had seen the first movie. The very end of the movie left a lot of questions, so I would have liked more answers, but overall not a bad movie. ... 4.5-5/8

Yes, it would of helped to see the first movie though not necessary. I liked Sinister 2 but like Sinister better.

A Touch Unseen (Hong Kong-2014)

Horror: A woman has to deal with her stalking ex-boyfriend and an invisible entity that rapes her at night. Oh, tough times we have.... 3.0/8

Rubber's Lover (Japan-1996)

Horror: Surreal feel as an experimental brain drug is rushed for results but spawns an out of control test subject. Splatter film in typical bizarre Japanese style.... 4.0/8

Richard Jewell - 2/8

Terrible movie. Made Richard Jewell come across as mentally challenged. Jewell was no Einstein but the actor that portrayed Jewell (Paul Hauser) comes across as mildly retarded.

Richard Jewell - 2/8

Terrible movie. Made Richard Jewell come across as mentally challenged. Jewell was no Einstein but the actor that portrayed Jewell (Paul Hauser) comes across as mildly retarded.

I'd think that goes more on the director, no? He comes off very well in this interview.

East, the first thing I thought was I did not remember him being "slow" and went back and watched this. He may be simple, and he may be uneducated, but in that interview he was very well spoken and thought out. He definitely was not slow.

East, the first thing I thought was I did not remember him being "slow" and went back and watched this. He may be simple, and he may be uneducated, but in that interview he was very well spoken and thought out. He definitely was not slow.

That's what I meant to imply also. Did I not? I don't think I distinguished well between the actor and the real. I meant I think what happened in the movie goes on the director maybe more than the actor. And that Jewel himself came off well in that interview.

Uncut Gems - 3/8

Sandler actually acted very well...but the role of a shyster NY jeweler was extremely annoying.

Of all the new movies I've seen...
Uncut Gems
Richard Jewell
Ford v. Ferarri
Parasite
Star Wars

none of them match up to JoJo Rabbit, which I would not have seen if not for a couple Yappsters high praise.

Before I'd read the description, I thought Jo Jo Rabbit was going to be an animated Lewis Carol type thing. After I read the description I thought, why would I want to watch that? So like IB, it was a couple reviews here that told me, give it a try.

I thought the same thing but it was actually fish82 that gave it a high rating.

I watched and then told my family about it and they gave me the look that said "isnt that some Lewis Carol animated thing?"

They all watched and every one wondered how it didn't win picture of the year?

Asians? Pfff.

Qi Juan (Hong Kong-1986)

Horror: Witch From Nepal.... A man vacationing in Hong Kong is chosen to fight a demon... 3.0/8

Last Caress (France-2010)

Horror: Surreal Goth like Giallo that really is not...... Self acclaimed as the first Glam Gore film Last Caress is about a group of people partying at a mansion where they are attacked in Giallo style!!!! Stylish blood fest with a score that keeps you moving.... not for everyone.... 5.0/8

Hell House LLC (2015)

Horror: Random horror movie club pic of the week..... found footage film about a group that is putting on a Halloween haunted house but discover that the place is really haunted on opening night. Not too shabby and at one moment actually had me scared..... 5.0/8

Crawlers (2020)

Horror: St. Patrick day partying is not the only thing going on in this small town as something strange is also occurring..... targeted for the younger generation but for what it was not too bad.... 4.0/8

Been busy but fit in a movie yesterday. Ford vs Ferrari. Great story, well told. Christian Bale did a great job playing a very quirky character. I remember the story well from my childhood as I followed racing and was especially fond of Fords, my first car being a 1965 Mustang convertible with a 289 V8. Shelby and to a lesser extent Iaccoca were heros of mine.

6/8