What Movies Did You Watch in February 2021?

Judas and the Black Messiah (2021) 6.5/8 Good movie. Follows an FBI informant as he infiltrates the Illinois Chapter of the Black Panthers led by Fred Hampton. Great acting, good story that I only knew a little bit about. Only complaints would be that they kind of sugar coated the Black Panther party, focusing mostly on the good they did in the community and ignoring a lot of the violent acts and I thought the story might have come across better if they had used younger actors. Most of the characters were in their late teens and early 20's during the events of the movie, but the actors are obviously much older. Knowing that the FBI and particularly Hoover was so focused on basically a group of kids might change the impact of the movie.

Into the Storm (2014) 4/8 Disaster movie about a series of deadly tornadoes that unexpectedly tears apart a small town during the local high school graduation. Some of the movie was a found footage style, probably considered low budget for this type of movie, but overall it wasn't terrible.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) 6/8 I'm a sucker for all these movies especially the ones with large groups of characters. Ultron was a great villain and they added several new characters to the mix in this one.

Last edited:
The Guns of Navarone (1961) 6/8 This is at least the the third time I have seen this film about golf in Germany. Worth your time to watch.

1613955507015.png

The Corn Is Green (1945) 7/8 Surprisingly good. There's a bad girl in this flick about factory farming in Wales. Bette Davis, Raquel Welch, Britney Spears.

In Cold Blood (1967) - Great film. Terrifying in its realistic and stark images.

7/8

Rear Window (1954)
- One of my favorite Hitchcock films. Has some of the best Hitchcockian humor in it.

7/8

Blue Velvet- 6.25/8. Now I finally get the hype around Dennis Hopper’s villain.

Dazed and Confused (1993) 8/8 One of my all-time favorite movies. Classic supporting roles by McConaughey and Affleck. Great movie and great soundtrack.

I wish there were more movies like this. It’s a movie that doesn’t try to make any kind of overarching statement, it’s just about having fun. I also really liked “Everybody Wants Some”, also directed by Linklater.

The Guns of Navarone (1961) 6/8 This is at least the the third time I have seen this film about golf in Germany. Worth your time to watch.

AKA Moondoggie Dies

The film (The Guns of Navarone) is based on Alistair MacLean's book by the same name;
the film won the special effects Oscar.
Two other of his works were also put to film (Ice Station Zebra and Where Eagles Dare)

P.S. She doesn't have GUNS / those are commonly refered to as TORPEDOS

slang: Guns = strong arms / specificly - large bicep
slang: Torpedos = women's brests / especially if the nipples pertrude

330px-Mark_8_torpedo_in_Germanton_Park.jpg

note the petruding war nose (detonator)

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
In Cold Blood (1967) - Great film. Terrifying in its realistic and stark images.

7/8

Rear Window (1954)
- One of my favorite Hitchcock films. Has some of the best Hitchcockian humor in it.

7/8
I saw Rear Window recently for the second time in the last two years (I think). I watched it more carefully this time and was glued the tube.

What's not to like about Jimmie Stewart and Grace Kelly? ?As said before, living in NYC there are separate households and, yet, there are none.

Interesting ancillary characters that help stitch the story together. And, Perry Mason as the bad guy!

I watched that movie. I don't remember the guns being that big.

EagleGuy putting centerfolds in his posts. Why oh WHY has it taken someone so long to think of this?
I suspect it's been thought of before. The whim was just two overwhelming for me. :p

AKA Moondoggie Dies

The film (The Guns of Navarone) is based on Alistair MacLean's book by the same name;
the film won the special effects Oscar.
Two other of his works were also put to film (Ice Station Zebra and Where Eagles Dare)

P.S. She doesn't have GUNS / those are commonly refered to as TORPEDOS

slang: Guns = strong arms / specificly - large bicep
slang: Torpedos = women's brests / especially if the nipples pertrude

330px-Mark_8_torpedo_in_Germanton_Park.jpg

note the petruding war nose (detonator)

:>---

SALT
Don't put a damper on my pic. LOL Besides, I meant her arms. So there!

Space Sweepers
6/8

This is a great Korean science fiction movie on Netflix. The trailer is in subtitles but the Netflix movie is dubbed. It's a lot of fun and illustrates that some of the best horror/fantasy/science fiction stuff out there is coming from South Korea.

The Cossacks (1928) - I have always been intrigued by the warrior tribe of Cossacks in the Russian Steps. This film does a good job showing their character and their lifestyle during the early to mid 19th century. This is one silent film that has some really great acting. Of course there is some of the exaggerated acting that was common in silent film, but there is also some much more realistic performances.

6/8

I,Tonya (2017)- Margot Robbie stars as Tonya Harding in a movie about her childhood through the Nancy Kerrigan scandal. As someone else mentioned on here, she's developed into a legitimate talent. Allison Janney does an outstanding job of playing her mother, who was a complete POS. The movie is full of POS's with Tonya oddly being the smallest POS in the bunch. A decent movie overall. A good watch. 6/8.

Mogumbo (1953) Clark Gable - Would have been much better if Ava Gardner and Grace Kelly would have gotten into a real cat fight. Ava tried. 5/8

Knute Rockne (1940) Pat O'Brien - Ronald Reagan in a small part as the Gipper. Was probably seen as much better back in the day than I saw it. 5/8

Nomadland (2020)- critically acclaimed movie starring Frances McDormand where she plays Fern, a "nomad" who moves from place to place around the west in her converted van after her husband dies and the mining town they lived in shuts down. Certainly not a thrill a minute movie. It was decent but I can't see great merit in it that the critics did. 6/8.

Nomadland (2020)- critically acclaimed movie starring Frances McDormand where she plays Fern, a "nomad" who moves from place to place around the west in her converted van after her husband dies and the mining town they lived in shuts down. Certainly not a thrill a minute movie. It was decent but I can't see great merit in it that the critics did. 6/8.
We were going to see it Friday but didn't make it. We'll see it this week. Good reviews.