What Movies Did You Watch in December 2022?

Speed (1994) 6/8 I'm not a big fan of Keanu Reeves but this is one of his movies that I like. Sandra Bullock being in it doesn't hurt. Overall, a great 90's action flick. Who doesn't love a movie where a city bus makes a 50 foot jump over a section on incomplete highway?

Ticket to Paradise (2022) 5.5/8 Rom-com starring George Clooney and Julia Roberts as divorced parents of a recent college grad who meets a guy in Bali she decides to marry after just a few days. Clooney and Roberts, though they hate each other, decide to team up to doom the wedding before it happens. The rest is pretty predictable, but it was actually really good for what it was.
^ 'Nuff said.

Four Christmases (2008) 5/8 Over the last few years, this movie has really grown on me. As a whole it's not a great movie, but there are several scenes that really make it worth watching and enjoyable. Vince Vaughn is one of my favorites and there are a lot of cameos in this, as Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon bounce from house to house for different celebrations.

Four Christmases (2008) 5/8 Over the last few years, this movie has really grown on me. As a whole it's not a great movie, but there are several scenes that really make it worth watching and enjoyable. Vince Vaughn is one of my favorites and there are a lot of cameos in this, as Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon bounce from house to house for different celebrations.

Fun cast. Favreau never disappoints.

Puppet Master 8: The Legacy (2003)

Horror: This one is just a money grab. A man and woman talk about the Puppets while we see scenes from the previous movies.... shame on those responsible for this..... 1.0/8

Polednice (Czech-Republic-2016)

Horror/Drama: The Noonday Witch.... a single mom moves her young daughter to her father's small home town but she is warned by a crazy that her daughter is in danger. I was expecting something to happen but it never materialized. What we are left with though wasn't that bad.... 4.5/8

Silent Night (2012)

Horror... re-watch..... Santa is on a killing spree and with a nod to Silent Night,Deadly Night this one is a classic. The town is suppose to be in Wisconsin but the map in the police office is that of Michigan, also, set on December 24th in one scene there are trees still with leaves...... (the film was actually filmed in Canada) Lots to love with this one........... 5.5/8

Finally got to watch Top Gun Maverick. Most fun I’ve had watching a movie in a long time. Only complaint is they didn’t find a way to incorporate “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” into it.
7.5/8

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence (1983) - Not a Christmas movie. Got good reviews but I had problems accepting an emancipated David Bowie as a highly regarded military leader. The conflict between western ideas of military heroism and Bushido was well displayed.

5/8

Glass Onion, A Knives Out Story: 7/8

Not sure if it’s as good as the first or not, but it’s at least on par. Another very satisfying entry into the franchise. Bring on #3.

Prisoners (2013) starring Hugh Jackson, Jake Gylenhall. 7/8.

All Quiet on the Western front 5/8. Feel like the hype was to high, getting my expectations that much higher as well.

does anyone have a good website to tell you what is on netflix? i hate going on it, looking for somthing to watch and after 20 minutes of looking going back to Shark tank reruns...

Bandit (2022): 5.75/8

Based on a true story, Josh Duhamel plays a guy who goes on a bank robbing spree in Canada in the 80's, which had much looser security than American banks.

Last edited:
Puts In Boots: The Last Wish - I really enjoyed this. I took my four year old granddaughter, but, there is much to entertain an adult. I especially liked the tribute to Jimmy Stewart and the plethora of fairy tale artifacts unpacked from a Mary Poppins style satchel. The action scenes are actually pretty well done and qualify this as a bonafide swashbuckler.

5/8

Interesting that Yappi censored the title. I guess "Cat in Boots" would be ok. There, "Puts" works.

Last edited:
Christmas Story (1983) 5.5/8 A Christmas staple at my house. Never gets old.

Christmas Story Christmas (2022) 3.5/8 Meh, I like the idea and the ending saved it from a much lower rating. Worth watching if you are a fan of the original.

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) 5/8 I like this more than the reviews. Good storyline and the lead up to the Justice League movie. Plenty of action, but does get slow in spots.

This Means War (2012) 5.5/8 Tom Hardy and Chris Pine play CIA agents and best friends who fall for the same girl (Reese Witherspoon). The battle it out for her love and some comedy and action take place. One of the better rom-coms IMO and I don't mind when the wife pulls this one up.

Christmas Story (1983) 5.5/8 A Christmas staple at my house. Never gets old.

Christmas Story Christmas (2022) 3.5/8 Meh, I like the idea and the ending saved it from a much lower rating. Worth watching if you are a fan of the original.

Interesting. I hate the original and like the sequel so much more.

The Lion in Winter (1968) - The most dysfunctional family Christmas in history. Great movie if you are a fan of English history. I love the whole "family whore" thing. Two masters at work; Peter O'Toole and Kate Hepburn.

6/8

The Rescuers Down Under (1990) One of the most underrated 2D animated films in the Disney catalog. Better animation than many of the more popular Disney films of the same era. How can you go wrong With Bob Newhart, Eva Gabor, John Candy, and George C. Scott voice acting (the lattermost giving absolutely everything he has)? Funny - all of the "comic relief" characters nail it with no annoyance. Breezes by at 78 minutes. 5.8/8

Christmas Bloody Christmas (2022)

Horror: Tori is a girl that I could get into. She is into metal and on X-mas eve, she just wants to go drink and get laid. Her plans though get shattered when a cyborg Santa Claus malfunctions and goes on a killing spree!!!! This was a fun film to watch... far from great but one I will watch again.... 5.0/8

Slash/Back (Canada-2022)

Horror: I believe we are in Panga, a very small remote village near the arctic. Here some local children have discovered something strange is going on that will threaten there village. This one started out pretty decent but got too "kiddy" for my liking. The acting is less than desired at times as well.... 3.0/8

How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days (2003) 4/8 This is what happens when your daughter is home from college and her and my wife pick the movies. Not bad, not great. At least it had Kate Hudson.