What Movies Did You Watch in April 2021?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4280 Esta Noite Encarnarei no Teu Cadáver (Brazil-1967) ... aka "This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse" ... 5.0/8

#4281 Godzilla vs Kong (US-2021) ... 4.5/8

#4282 Onibaba (Japan-1964) ... 5.5/8

#4283 Beasterday: Here Comes Peter Cottonhell (US-2014) ... 3.0/8

#4284 Billy Club (US-2013) ... 3.5/8

#4285 The Bridge Curse (Taiwan-2020) ... 5.5/8

#4286 I Zombie: The Chronicles of Pain (UK-1998) ... 3.0/8

#4287 Alive (Canada-2018) ... 4.5/8

#4288 Gosa 2 (South Korea-2010) ... aka Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp ... 3.0/8

#4289 Grizzly II: The Predator (US-2020 (1983) ) ... 3.0/8

#4290 Under the Bed (US-2012) ... 1.5/8

#4291 Luz (Germany-2018) ... 2.5/8

#4292 The House on Straw Hill (UK-1976) ... 5.0/8

#4293 Santo y Blue Demon vs Dracula y el Hombre Lobo (Mexico-1973) ... 4.0/8

#4294 Murderlust (US-1985) ... 2.5/8

Last edited:

Godzilla vs Kong (2021) ... 4.5/8

The fight scenes were the best part of this but there wasn't much of it and the plot was just incredibly weak.

Last edited:
Not even the trailors gave me high hopes. The animation and physics looked better on the Jack Black Kong movie. I'll still watch it but Ive a feeling it will be a chore

Well, it is under 2 hours which is a plus. For me it was the usual problem with these films and it was the plot. Seems like everything goes into the special effects but what is the point when the plot is so weak which really sucked since there was not much of actual fighting....... I really did not get bored with this one and never really paused it to see how much time is left like the last one. It has it's moments but when it gets good it does not last long and goes somewhere else with it..... but my opinions actually differ from the die hard Zilla fans.... after all, I actually liked the Matthew Broderick one and you cannot even mention that one to the die hards.....

A Man For All Seasons (1966) - Fine film based on the life of one of my heroes, Sir/St. Thomas More.

6/8

Esta Noite Encarnarei no Teu Cadáver (Brazil-1967)

Horror: "This Night I'll Possess Your Grave" ... In this sequel Coffin Joe cleared of his grave robbing crimes finds a new town to locate the perfect woman to give him a son. It does not take long for the sadistic mind to torture the locals..... 5.0/8

Godzilla vs Kong (2021) ... 4.5/8

The fight scenes were the best part of this but there wasn't much of it and the plot was just incredibly weak.
haven't been to a movie theatre since last March... but I'm thinking that i might go for this movie....

Sound of Metal (2019)- movie about a heavy metal drummer who suddenly loses his hearing and his struggles thereafter. Very well done. 6/8.

Onibaba (Japan-1964)

jidai-geki Horror: Civil war in the mid 1300's two women hold refuge in the tall Susuki grass trapping lost soldiers and killing them for their belongings until one day one of them comes across a strange mask. Great scenery and story telling in this one..... 5.5/8

Beasterday: Here Comes Peter Cottonhell (2014)

Horror: OK.... I agreed to watch this on Easter about 11 months ago and unfortunately I did not forget about it. Beasterday is meant to be a really bad movie so I knew ahead of time what I was getting into but I can't understand it but I actually liked this film. We have a small town in which the town folk are being brutally massacred. The corrupt Mayor believes it is the Amish and will say anything to keep from having Easterday Festival cancelled. It is up to the local dog catcher crew to hunt down what is doing the killings but they would of never guessed it was a 50 foot bunny. There is some nice full frontal nudity in this one to get the blood flowing but the star of this movie is the rabbit. It is the most god awful design and the cheapest looking thing ever and because of that it makes this movie work. Don't be fooled by the cover art as it looks nothing like that, lol ..... Beasterday, the movie you have to see to believe...... 3.0/8

Billy Club (2013)

Horror: low budget film.... Tragedy occurs to a little league team and now it is 15 years later and a reunion of sorts is going on but someone is knocking off the ex little leaguers once again. Not too shabby for what it was.... 3.5/8

The Bridge Curse (Taiwan-2020)

Horror: Urban legend at the local university is that on Leap Year at midnight if you walk the steps of Female Curse Bridge an additional step will appear and no matter what do not look behind you or else you will see the Ghost of the cursed bridge. A reporter is investigating the deaths of 5 students in 2016 that tested the curse and discovers another mystery. I should of watched this one at night as it got a bit spooky. Definitely an atmospheric watch with a great story... the delivery could of been much better but still very solid... 5.5/8

I Zombie: The Chronicles of Pain (UK-1998)

Horror Drama: Mark acquires the taste for flesh after being bitten by a mad woman. This is a different type of Zombie flick as it focuses on the deterioration of Mark. I found it rather boring but I am not a big Zombie movie fan .... 3.0/8

Anatomy of a Murder (1959) - I think this might be the best court room drama I have seen. It is certainly one of the most accurate. Jimmy Stewart as a former DA who is now turned defense attorney to defend a army officer being tried for murder.

6/8

Double Whammy (2001)- 4.75/8. Found this on AMZN Prime. Good cast with Denis Leary, Steve Buscemi, Luis Guzman and Liz Hurley. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but if you appreciate the movie for what it sets out to be, it’s worth a watch.

Anatomy of a Murder (1959) - I think this might be the best court room drama I have seen. It is certainly one of the most accurate. Jimmy Stewart as a former DA who is now turned defense attorney to defend a army officer being tried for murder.

6/8

I remember reviewing this one. Base on a real murder up-state. Gazzara was creepy good playing the killer.

Still haven't got to the Bunny, but it's in the plan.

King Kong vs Godzilla: 4/8 If I could split it, I'd probably give the first 2/3rds 3/8 because I fell asleep a couple times but give the last third a 6/8. Finished well.

The Next Voice You Hear 6/8 James Whitmore and Nancy Davis (Reagan) Not highly rated but a nice Sunday movie. Typical week in the life of an LA family. Oh, and God is heard all over the world on the radio at 8:30 evening.

Gunga Din (1939) - Entertaining movie even though the whole issue of imperialism is off putting. Distasteful as it may be, the British held India and many Indians served in the Queen's Royal Lancers and other units of British military.

5/8

Interesting premise and the acting was decent, but some of it was a bit of a stretch to the point that made it to be not believable, like the scene with escape from the car in the pond.
Agree. I did not like the many twists at the end either but I think I am so thirsty for anything half way decent that I liked it more than I normally would.