What Movies Did You Watch in April 2020?

Jamboree (1957) - Terrible movie made tolerable only because of the featured musical acts. I ended up skipping the whole narrative story segments just to get to the real performers. Count Bassie, Jerry Lee Lewis Fats Domino, and Carl Perkins were worth the effort, but the movie still sucked.

4/8

Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) 4.5/8 This one's not bad. Murtaugh and Riggs are looking for a dirty ex-cop. The addition of Renee Russo was good for the series.

Deep Impact (1998) 3.5/8 A giant comet is headed to Earth that will cause an extinction type event. A group of astronauts are sent to space to blow it up. When they fail, a lottery is done to chose a group of citizens to hide in caves to rebuild the country. Morgan Freeman is good as the president and I like Robert Duvall as the commander of the astronaut team. The movies a little too long and drawn out and pretty predictable. Not the worst I've seen, but it could have been better.

Christine (1996) 5/8 True story about a female newscaster in Sarasota, FL in the 70's suffering from some serious mental health issues, who commits suicide live on TV during a broadcast. It had a similar feel to the Joker, but not quite as good. I thought the lady who played Christine Chubbock was outstanding.

Judgement Night (1993) 4/8 A group of friends in Chicago are headed to a boxing match and a night out. When traffic slows them down, they take a detour through a rough part of down and all hell breaks loose. They spent the rest of the night running from a group of thugs intent to kill them. Pretty good cast for the time and I remember it had a pretty cool hip-hop/heavy metal soundtrack that accompanied the movie. The movie didn't age well for me. I liked it a lot more when I was younger, but still not terrible.

Major League:
8/8.

Few yaers ago was in akron from Jake Taylor bobbleknee night at the Akron Rubberducks game for the 25th anny i think it was. Didnt get there in time for one but thought it was a great promo.

The Decline (2020)
5/8

French-Canadian Netflix original (dubbed in English) about a small group that partakes in a 2 week survivalist camp only to have things go completely off-course 2 days in.

The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959)

Horror: Hammer Film!!!!! 1890's Paris, a sculpture has found a way to cheat death but his time is about up unless he can convince a doctor to do an immoral operation.... 5.5/8

I'm Just F*****g With You (2019)

Horror: A man heading to an ex's wedding stays the night at a beat down motel where the clerk likes to play some messed up April Fools day jokes. This one spirals out of control in a good way.... 5.5/8

Last edited:
The Gentleman- 7.25/8. Hilarious this has an 8/10 user rating on IMDB, but a 51% critic score. Pretty exemplary of how critics don’t care about quality, they care about optics. It’s a white male centric movie (it’s set in England, so duh), but I guess realism doesn’t matter when you’re pushing an agenda.

Last edited:
All That We Destroy (2019)

Horror: A mom fearing her son will be a serial killer takes drastic measures to cure him of his cravings.... 5.0/8

Mom and Dad (2017)

Horror: Oh boy, what do we have here.... you know, any movie where kids are being killed is one that I will probably like. Just kill the brats!!!! OK, well the kids in this movie fear for their lives when something strange happens in their town.... Very fun film to watch even though it does have Nic Cage in it..... 6.0/8

The Death of Stalin (2017)- comedy about the behind the scenes power struggle in Russia when Stalin dies in 1953. Interesting and amusing but not great. I may have had too high of expectations going in as I had heard it was very good. 5.5/8.

They Come Knocking (2019)

horror: A husband who just lost his wife takes his two daughters on a trip to the desert to spread her ashes where they are terrorized by evil kid like entities. Nah, did not like this one.... 2.5/8

Feral (2017)

Horror: Students get lost in the woods and get attacked by a feral human like thing.... OK, this is another example where all the males are evil peaces of crap while the woman have to survive crapola.... seriously, getting tired of this crap. Here is the thing... if you are going to kill people in your movie it makes more sense to make them likable..... Put this one down as a I don't give a crap...... 2.0/8

Rock Around the Clock (1956) - Bill Haley and the Comets, and the Platters make this precursor the MTV's music videos worth while. The Comets' antics on stage are a preview of what would become common in the 60's and beyond.

6/8

2016. Greater

About a overweight introverted boy from rural Arkansas who just wants to play football. Based on a true story.

Richard Jewel 7/8 Sam Rockwell gave two of the best performances I saw last year, not a sniff of Oscar. Cathy Bates spends 10 minutes on screen and got serious buzz. Not that she didn't do a great job but she was hardly a big part of the movie.

Yesterday - Far fetched concept but they made it work. The music was great. The love story was sweet without being saccharin sweet and was very old fashioned in many ways. Not a great film but enjoyable to watch. Of course, this film could not have been made had Buddy Holly not died in 1959. Had Buddy lived, the US rock community would not have gone through the teen idle phase abandoning rock and Buddy would have continued doing what the Beatles started doing ten years later. Then the Beatles would have been nothing but an unknown skiffle band.

Buddy Holly Lives!

6/8

Last edited:
Caught the graduation portion of STRIPES last night. Never scene the whole thing but it is quite humorous.

Watched "The Last Whistle" last night on Netflix. It was pretty good. High school football movie. 5.9/8.0