What Movies Did You See in January 2014?

A Thousand Cuts (US-2012)

A director of money grab horror films gets a visit from a father seeking revenge who's daughter was murdered that mimic a scene from his movie... 3.0/8

23:59 (Singapore-2011)

Army recruits hear ghost stories while training on an island on the 7th month. Some stories just might be true.... 4.5/8

The Dyatlov Pass Incident (US/Russia-2013)

Another found footage film has found me!!!!! 5 Oregon students climb the Ural Mountain in search of answers to what happened to 9 climbers in 1959. They document everything but end up missing.... 5.5/8

Ju-on 5: Shiroi rôjo (Japan-2009) and Ju-on 6: Kuroi shôjo (Japan-2009) ...

2nd viewing....

These are part of the original Juon series which was Americanized as The Grudge but are not done by Takashi Shimizu

Juon 1 The Curse (Japan-2000) 6.5
Juon 2 The Curse 2 (Japan-2000) 5.5
Juon 3 The Grudge (Japan-2002) 6.5
Juon 4 The Grudge 2 (Japan-2003) 6.0
Juon 5 White Ghost (Shiroi Rojo) (Japan-2009) 4.5
Juon 6 Black Ghost (Kuroi Shojo) (Japan-2009) 5.0

The Grudge (US-2004) 6.5
The Grudge 2 (US-2006) 6.5
The Grudge 3 (US-2009) 4.5

Started watching Oblivion earlier. 15 minutes in and I was completely disinterested. Cruise needs to stop playing the same damn character.

No doubt.

And he wants to trash Lone Survivor before even viewing it......

I never trashed it. I said it looks bad, but I'll still see it. You, on the other hand, trashed me for wanting to see Her, and then you trashed Her before seeing it.

Tom Cruise is a very good actor, but has definitely played the same character in about the last five movies in a row

As far as action goes, Mission: Impossible is up his alley. I can't believe how great both the third and fourth installments were. Actually looking forward to the fifth. Other than that, he needs to stick to drama. Jerry Maguire and Magnolia were both great roles and performances. If you want to go way back, Risky Business was awesome too. Rebecca De Mornay though :crush:

"Shadow of the vampire"

John Malcovic is a director back in silent movie era. A couple other stars I can't remember. The guy that played Green Goblin is the vampire.

Anyway, the vamp is actually acting in the movie. Really creepy concept. Enjoyed it a lot.

6/8

I never trashed it. I said it looks bad, but I'll still see it. You, on the other hand, trashed me for wanting to see Her, and then you trashed Her before seeing it.

I trashed you because you wanted to go see a movie about some guy falling in love to someone on the internet instead of a man's movie of heroism and valor.

Its OK. We realize you are a movie snob and a contrarian.

I trashed you because you wanted to go see a movie about some guy falling in love to someone on the internet instead of a man's movie of heroism and valor.

Its OK. We realize you are a movie snob and a contrarian.

Some movies look better and more interesting than others. I don't see how that makes me a snob, or why you should trash anyone for having a different opinion than you. Kind of makes you a snob. Again, you seem really angry at the fact that Lone Survivor doesn't interest me. It's kind of weird.

Some movies look better and more interesting than others. I don't see how that makes me a snob, or why you should trash anyone for having a different opinion than you. Kind of makes you a snob. Again, you seem really angry at the fact that Lone Survivor doesn't interest me. It's kind of weird.

What is wierd is a guy who thinks a movie about some dude falling in love with a voice over the computer looks better than Lone Survivor.

Its ok though if you prefer the more effimate movies.
I bet you can decorate the hell out of a kitchen.

Like I said early, it's all about the writing. The subject could be two guys in a coffeeshop talking about their past experiences, and if it were written by Tarantino, I'm seeing it. At the same time, Micheal Bay tries to do a movie about detectives during prohibition, and I'll avoid it.

+1

It really isn't hard. Spike Jonze has a history of putting out pretty awesome movies. Peter Berg doesn't. Regardless though, I don't really care what movies people want to see. It's art. It's subjective. If someone loves Michael Bay or war movies more than drama flicks, that's perfectly cool. You like what you like. I don't get why I'm a snob because the premise of Her sounds a lot more interesting than the story behind Lone Survivor.

And yes, I can decorate the hell out of a kitchen.

+1

It really isn't hard. Spike Jonze has a history of putting out pretty awesome movies. Peter Berg doesn't. Regardless though, I don't really care what movies people want to see. It's art. It's subjective. If someone loves Michael Bay or war movies more than drama flicks, that's perfectly cool. You like what you like. I don't get why I'm a snob because the premise of Her sounds a lot more interesting than the story behind Lone Survivor.

And yes, I can decorate the hell out of a kitchen.

You should probably see both. I will watch both when they come to On Demand. I can't envision enjoying Her more than Line Survivor, but we shall see. I just think some people like these strange movies bc they don't want to be seen as dumb for not liking them. I'll never get over how bad I thought Tree of Life was. At the same time, I'd never see a movie with Kevin Hart or a dumb chick flick.