What is the reason behind your username?

I walked by a guy at work one day and he said to me “Hey, Kylie Woyote.” I thought that was pretty funny since my first name is Kyle, and I knew this was a good play of words on Wiley Coyote (from the Roadurnner cartoon). So when I was thinking of a name to use on Yappi, I decided to use this as my name. I made my middle initial E so it would sound like it.

Figured out real quick I made a mistake when I chose my name during basketball season. I like small school sports, so D4 was intended to insinuate that aspect of my life.

Then football season rolled around, and I found myself not a fan of the small but of the average. Thought about discarding it, picking up the pieces and moving on but since I keep my real identity private I just couldn't leave that "guy" behind. After all I was the one who made the mistake, "he" should not have to die for my actions. So, we carry on.

Damn shame. Only 7. I wonder what the necropsy will find.

That would be my luck, dying young after being put out to stud.
He was a wobbler. Likely why his racing career fell off of a cliff.

The neck is very important for studs that have to mount the mares. No AI for thoroughbreds which is crazy but I understand why.

Basically what ends up happening is the vertebrae canal becomes smaller and pressure builds. This then causes other vertebrae down the whole spine to become compacted and immense pressure builds on the spine. Symptoms of early signs will be an uncoordinated gait, clumsiness, misplacing of feet. The effects happen to varying degrees and severity. If it goes untreated or surgery doesnt help it can kill basically kill a horse bc they wont be able yo stand. Which is why they ended up euthanizing the horse.

From what i heard he couldnt stand the last couple days when he was at the vet clinic. They stopped breeding him this year bc he was in immense pain.

I always liked geology and have been bringing rocks home since I was a kid.
Now comes the bad puns and philosophy of the name.

Gneiss is pronounced nice, being nice is good/ rocks. Gneiss is a metamorphic rock which is a metaphor for the changes and experiences we all go through that give us more depth and character over time.
Don't take gneiss for granite, although it is similar in composition with much quartz, feldspar. Gneiss is much more interesting with folds of different colors mixed and sometimes crazy contrast often with sparkles. Besides my property being full of nice gneiss I finally splurged last year and put in very nice gneiss counter-tops throughout the house... I often zone out and look up at my family laughing at me hypnotized by my rocks.

11- second son's number in high school basketball and baseball
14- oldest son's number in high school basketball and baseball
11- daughter's number in high school volleyball and softball

I always liked geology and have been bringing rocks home since I was a kid.
Now comes the bad puns and philosophy of the name.

Gneiss is pronounced nice, being nice is good/ rocks. Gneiss is a metamorphic rock which is a metaphor for the changes and experiences we all go through that give us more depth and character over time.
Don't take gneiss for granite, although it is similar in composition with much quartz, feldspar. Gneiss is much more interesting with folds of different colors mixed and sometimes crazy contrast often with sparkles. Besides my property being full of nice gneiss I finally splurged last year and put in very nice gneiss counter-tops throughout the house... I often zone out and look up at my family laughing at me hypnotized by my rocks.
I think I may have found one of your rocks the other day, It looks like quartz, but has pinkish red hues in it and on one side has gold flakes. I pick up unusual rocks when I see them from the tractor seat. It's an interesting hobby. Have found numerous Indian artifacts as well.

I think I may have found one of your rocks the other day, It looks like quartz, but has pinkish red hues in it and on one side has gold flakes. I pick up unusual rocks when I see them from the tractor seat. It's an interesting hobby. Have found numerous Indian artifacts as well.
Back before low/no till became the rage, you could find Indian artifacts more often when you were moldboard plowing.

If it has banding, it is likely gneiss. If no banding maybe quartzite. Without seeing it it would be hard to give a ID worth a schist...which is another possibility??? Thanks to Ohio's many glaciations, we have a huge variety of specimens.
I am actually more of a expert at Indian artifacts. I belong to Ohio Archaeologist. I have ID / organized many local collections and have found tens of thousands of Indian artifacts over the years...the hobbies run together when Identifying source material.
Shoot me a PM if you want help.

Back before low/no till became the rage, you could find Indian artifacts more often when you were moldboard plowing.
That is when I found most of them, back in the 1970's. Dad would run the plow and i ran the field cultivator following behind a few days later. When we had to do an archeological review of a small area of the farm to clear the way for a cell tower to be erected, the archeologists who surveyed the area gave me hints on where to typically look to find such items. Looking back he was spot on.

That is when I found most of them, back in the 1970's. Dad would run the plow and i ran the field cultivator following behind a few days later. When we had to do an archeological review of a small area of the farm to clear the way for a cell tower to be erected, the archeologists who surveyed the area gave me hints on where to typically look to find such items. Looking back he was spot on.
One of the fields we farmed had a river along side it. Legend has it native Americans used to camp there. From what my sister and I found there I would say that was true.

I have a bunch of arrowheads, etc. found by my grandfather while plowing in Holmes County.

One of the fields we farmed had a river along side it. Legend has it native Americans used to camp there. From what my sister and I found there I would say that was true.

You could pick almost any few acres of land in Ohio and say the same thing. Along a river it is absolutely certain.
People forget that there were people living here hunting, fishing and later farming for well over 10,000 years. Also much of the population was wiped out by small pox etc. before our recorded history began. Being mostly hunter-gathers they were often on the move seasonally and as abundant resources diminished. It would be challenging to find a acre of land that I could not find a prehistoric artifact on. The rivers and streams were their highways with connecting portage trails and this also were they usually lived.

One of the main things you will often find on habitation or camp sites is something very few would even notice, fire cracked rock. Also almost all of the artifacts people call arrowheads are knives as they are the most common flint tool. These knives would be resharpened and used on the hafting often until they were only a inch or so long. Spear points are much less common as are arrowheads which most likely did not exist until their invention/introduction to this area which most put at around 2500 years BP.

You could pick almost any few acres of land in Ohio and say the same thing. Along a river it is absolutely certain.
People forget that there were people living here hunting, fishing and later farming for well over 10,000 years. Also much of the population was wiped out by small pox etc. before our recorded history began. Being mostly hunter-gathers they were often on the move seasonally and as abundant resources diminished. It would be challenging to find a acre of land that I could not find a prehistoric artifact on. The rivers and streams were their highways with connecting portage trails and this also were they usually lived.

One of the main things you will often find on habitation or camp sites is something very few would even notice, fire cracked rock. Also almost all of the artifacts people call arrowheads are knives as they are the most common flint tool. These knives would be resharpened and used on the hafting often until they were only a inch or so long. Spear points are much less common as are arrowheads which most likely did not exist until their invention/introduction to this area which most put at around 2500 years BP.
One of the "rocks" I have fits too easily in my hand not to have been something they used to scrape hides with.

One of the "rocks" I have fits too easily in my hand not to have been something they used to scrape hides with.

Hard to say for-sure on some but most I can identify through wear marks, pecking from manufacturing, etc. Also probably half of what you describe are what we would call, "leaverites."

I found a black colored stone, unusual color for the field I found it in. I believe it was a pestol stone. It had groves in it for hand and finger holds but it felt uncomfortable. I handed it to my wife for inspection and she said it fit correctly in her hand. My wife is left handed. So, guess there were left handed stones and right handed stones. Did the groves appear over time or did they have a stone shop that offered stones in left or right hand and with different colors and hardness? I think the black is a cool color but am guessing the hardness of the stone and texture (smooth not grainy like granite) were the reason for it being carried to a location where we do not have stones of similar material. In the northern miami valley where I farm we have granite, limestone, gneiss and quartz. Am I missing any typical varieties? Last summer I had the opportunity to bury about 7,200 cubic ft of field stone that had been placed in piles along fence rows. Most of these piles that looked to stick a mere 4 feet out of the ground had sat there long enough (150 years or so) that they had pushed the pile up to 6 feet deep. I was not expecting that issue. We dug a hole 10 feet wide, 10 feet deep and eventually about 100 feet long to get rid of what the owner thought was an eyesore. More than 80% of those stones were round granite boulders.

And that why I chose D4 as my name. (To get back to business.)

Mine is a story.

So in high school I had a friend of a friend who was... Troubled. Nice guy when he was sane but he had many issues mentally. Some diagnosed. Some not.

My friend one night called me and told me he was taken to the hospital because he was out of his mind and having a "psychotic episode".

Back then I changed my email address almost monthly so felt like in my male adolescent coolness that would be a good email address.

Taken. Tried dashes, underscore, etc. Nothing. So I changed some letters. Finally went crazy and make it Sykotyk_Episode.

Probably would have changed it to something else in a month or so and never thought about it again.

HOWEVER, I was an arena football fan and Arenafan.com had a message board and I finally felt like signing up and couldn't think of a good username. So I lopped off the word Episode and just went with Sykotyk.

It's been my username almost exclusively for the past 23 years. It's my Gmail account from back when it was invitation only. Twitter. And I have the domain name sykotyk.com.

I've thought about changing it. But just never felt like picking something else. For better or worse, Sykotyk is me. More people know me by that name than anything else.

Mine is a story.

So in high school I had a friend of a friend who was... Troubled. Nice guy when he was sane but he had many issues mentally. Some diagnosed. Some not.

My friend one night called me and told me he was taken to the hospital because he was out of his mind and having a "psychotic episode".

Back then I changed my email address almost monthly so felt like in my male adolescent coolness that would be a good email address.

Taken. Tried dashes, underscore, etc. Nothing. So I changed some letters. Finally went crazy and make it Sykotyk_Episode.

Probably would have changed it to something else in a month or so and never thought about it again.

HOWEVER, I was an arena football fan and Arenafan.com had a message board and I finally felt like signing up and couldn't think of a good username. So I lopped off the word Episode and just went with Sykotyk.

It's been my username almost exclusively for the past 23 years. It's my Gmail account from back when it was invitation only. Twitter. And I have the domain name sykotyk.com.

I've thought about changing it. But just never felt like picking something else. For better or worse, Sykotyk is me. More people know me by that name than anything else.
Thanks for sharing in that one. I never got it, I just read it as "psyched" in my mind. Had no idea I was so close to the real meaning.

Thanks for sharing in that one. I never got it, I just read it as "psyched" in my mind. Had no idea I was so close to the real meaning.
Sometimes I just tell people I'm Polish.

The second Y usually throws people. I mean. I was 16 when I used this name. So, not really thinking it through too much.

But it's been my online persona for 22 years now. No going back.