What is Microsoft Edge?

vamp2syd

Turned on the computer today and this thing has magically installed itself on my computer. I guess it is a Web Browser that opened up.......

Whats the deal with it?

Microsoft got rid of Internet Explorer in newer versions of Windows and replaced it with Edge. Not much practical difference from my experience

Slow as crap from my experience. Too integrated into the operating system. I'm glad I kept IE and mainly use Firefox. Turned off that cortana crap as much as possible and use AVG. Turned off as much of the data sharing I could find. All that just so my machine, originally a Vista, could run a decent pace.

Yep, I have my Office copy on permanent backwards compatibility. All the bells and whistle maybe useful for someone in an office somewhere but I'm only typing a letter darn it.

Yeah, I am thinking of upgrading from my Brother Word Processer to MS DOS. How do you like it?

I think I still have some tapes that I wish I'd printed out. There must be a way but I'd have to find the tapes.

5081 cards?

:>---

Teufel Hunden
On the mainframe. Learned programming using cards. Fortunately, I was at that cusp and my university was on the forefront of networking job distribution across Vax core processors, so we could handle up to 100 users reasonably well. Unheard of most places. Only had a year on cards, mounting drives, unmounting drives,.... and then was able to write, assemble and compile from the keyboard.

how do I get rid of it.......

You can google that same question but my advice, it's not worth the time and effort. Simply do not use it. If it is set as your default so that anytime you open an html file it automatically opens Edge, that's easy enough to fix. But removing the program is a pain because it's considered part of the operating system (I think). Can be done. Don't do it.

Another tool in Bill Gates plan for global thought control!
Microsoft Edge, microchip vaccine implants and chemtrails are all part of Bill Gates master plan to rule the world with the reptilian people (reptilians are from the Orion Constellation, but now live inside the hollow Moon). Don't be fooled by Bill's meek, mild appearance. He's a master Illuminati shape-shifter. I still wear my tinfoil hat...be sure you have at least seven layers of foil to completely block the microwaves transmitted by 5G cellphone towers...five layers used to be enough, but anything less than seven will not be enough now.

I saw it on a youtube video, so it must be true.

I know it was in the works for awhile...

...but how convenient that Microsoft Teams hits during the shutdown, and with other platforms like Zoom not "secure enough" the govt has been using Teams.......