What Home and Home Series would you like to see

Take it from someone who was a senior on that 2012 team. Coldwater's best team was 2005 followed by 2007
I'd like to see that 05 defense go against brody hoying offense!

With that said, I always thought I'd push came to shove ross homan could have been used even more on offense.

I'd like to see that 05 defense go against brody hoying offense!

With that said, I always thought I'd push came to shove ross homan could have been used even more on offense.
I'm not sure we could've stopped Ross Homan. Probably our best offensive threat that year. Add in Steve Borger, Justin Kahlig, Gaston Pleiman, Brady Geier, Ryan Geier, and one of the best offensive lines we've ever had. And a 4 year starter Ross Homan on defense. Tough to beat.

Calpreps seems to favor us though!

[2012] Coldwater (OH) 24, [2005] Coldwater (OH) 19

I'm not sure we could've stopped Ross Homan. Probably our best offensive threat that year. Add in Steve Borger, Justin Kahlig, Gaston Pleiman, Brady Geier, Ryan Geier, and one of the best offensive lines we've ever had. And a 4 year starter Ross Homan on defense. Tough to beat.

Calpreps seems to favor us though!

[2012] Coldwater (OH) 24, [2005] Coldwater (OH) 19
I bleive Ross was always coach Reed's ace up his sleeve offensively if he needed

I was just trying to think about a historically great Coldwater team lol. Back to the original argument, do you think the 2005 Coldwater team could beat this year’s Elder team?
That sounds like a question for CalPreps.

neutral field
[2019] Elder (Cincinnati, OH) 41, [2005] Coldwater (OH) 28

Last edited:
I was just trying to think about a historically great Coldwater team lol. Back to the original argument, do you think the 2005 Coldwater team could beat this year’s Elder team?
But if you meant using a time machine. No. Tat CW team is not beating elder

Colerain vs Winton Woods

Massillon vs Steubenville

Trotwood vs Kettering Alter

Troy vs Anderson.. haha

Springfield vs Dublin Coffman

London vs Granville

New Albany vs Springboro

Fort Loramie vs Marion Local

Well being a Massillon guy/ high school football fan I got alot lol
Massillon vs Mooney always wanted to see that.
Massillon vs Coldwater
Massillon vs Colerain
Massillon vs Glenville
Massillon vs Wayne
Massillon vs Perry/ once KW leaves
Massillon vs Jackson
Massillon vs Toledo Central Catholic
Steubenville vs Iggy
Canton McKinley vs Glenville
Canton McKinley vs Winton Woods
Canton McKinley vs Steubenville
Massillon vs Elder
Massillon vs Kirkland
Massillon Perry vs Kirkland..
That's all lol

Well being a Massillon guy/ high school football fan I got alot lol
Massillon vs Mooney always wanted to see that.
Massillon vs Coldwater
Massillon vs Colerain
Massillon vs Glenville
Massillon vs Wayne
Massillon vs Perry/ once KW leaves
Massillon vs Jackson
Massillon vs Toledo Central Catholic
Steubenville vs Iggy
Canton McKinley vs Glenville
Canton McKinley vs Winton Woods
Canton McKinley vs Steubenville
Massillon vs Elder
Massillon vs Kirkland
Massillon Perry vs Kirkland..
That's all lol
I can understand most of your wish list, but the Ignatius/Steubenville one is a head scratcher for me. Absolutely no way this one will EVER materialize. Absolutely nothing in it for Reno. Heck, he only schedules little ole Massillon when he knows that he has a good group coming up. NO way he would ever call Kyle.

I can understand most of your wish list, but the Ignatius/Steubenville one is a head scratcher for me. Absolutely no way this one will EVER materialize. Absolutely nothing in it for Reno. Heck, he only schedules little ole Massillon when he knows that he has a good group coming up. NO way he would ever call Kyle.
That's why it was a wish list ???? come on bruh you stupid

That just does not line up with reality. The last Massillon-Big Red contract ran out in 2015. Arguably the two best Big Red teams of the last decade were in 2016 and 2017, the two years following the contract ending. Suffice to say 2016 and 2017 were not banner years for Massillon. If Big Red were cherry-picking its best teams to pit against average to below average Massillon teams, those years would have been pretty obvious (and it was obvious for years in advance that those Big Red teams were going to be really good).

I just took a quick look at the years we've played since the renewal of the series ...

2009: Big Red 13-3
2010: Massillon 28-7
2011: Big Red 24-7
2012: Massillon 24-7
2013: Massillon 37-21
2014: Massillon 26-13
2015: Big Red 48-21

If anything, from a talent perspective, the years from 2012-14 was probably the worst stretch of teams Big Red has had in the last 20 years. In that three year span, Big Red lost 12 regular season games.

Then, in the three years immediately following (when the contract with Massillon ran out), Big Red's record was a combined 41-3 with three straight state title game appearances and one title.

Just doesn't pass the smell test. I'd say of the seven times we've played recently, only two of the Big Red teams would be considered "good" for our standards... 2011 and 2015.

Again, I'd love to see the series restarted. This year and last year, Massillon would've been big favorites. In 2016-17, Big Red would've been big favorites. That is the sign of a good rivalry.

Oh, and Ignatius probably wouldn't happen primarily because they have an enrollment of over 1,500 boys and Big Red has an enrollment of a little over 300. They're five times our size. lol

Last edited:
Mechanicsburg vs.

Leipsic (whole lot of purple on the field)
McComb
Liberty-Benton
Arlington

I think any "Public Bowl" has to include Pickerington Central; Mentor and Colerain would be the play-in game to play Pic Central for the "Public Bowl" title. Over the last 5 years (2015 to 2019) these 3 teams are:
* PC 1 State Champs, 0 Runner Up, 53-10 record 84.13%, 5 playoff appearances - 2017 PC beat Mentor in title game & Colerain in Semi's
* Mentor 0 State Champs, 1 Runner Up, 47-12 record 79.66%, 3 playoff appearances
* Colerain 0 State Champs, 0 Runner Up, 56-7 record 88.89%, 5 playoff appearances - 2018 Colerain beat PC in Semi's

All 3 public schools are extremely tough and year in-year out hang with the big catholic schools of Cincinnati & Cleveland. Colerain has been dominant the longest and Pic Central is probably newest to the scene (last 10 years or so). Hopefully Mentor gets a state championship this year but as of now, Pickerington Central is the top dog for Ohio Public Schools - the 2017 runs speaks for itself.

Massillon Dream Schedule
1. Perry
2. GlenOak
3. Avon
4. Avon Lake
5. Glenville
6. Austintown Fitch
7. Warren G Harding
8. Steubenville
9. Firestone Home
10. McKinley

That just does not line up with reality. The last Massillon-Big Red contract ran out in 2015. Arguably the two best Big Red teams of the last decade were in 2016 and 2017, the two years following the contract ending. Suffice to say 2016 and 2017 were not banner years for Massillon. If Big Red were cherry-picking its best teams to pit against average to below average Massillon teams, those years would have been pretty obvious (and it was obvious for years in advance that those Big Red teams were going to be really good).

I just took a quick look at the years we've played since the renewal of the series ...

2009: Big Red 13-3
2010: Massillon 28-7
2011: Big Red 24-7
2012: Massillon 24-7
2013: Massillon 37-21
2014: Massillon 26-13
2015: Big Red 48-21

If anything, from a talent perspective, the years from 2012-14 was probably the worst stretch of teams Big Red has had in the last 20 years. In that three year span, Big Red lost 12 regular season games.

Then, in the three years immediately following (when the contract with Massillon ran out), Big Red's record was a combined 41-3 with three straight state title game appearances and one title.

Just doesn't pass the smell test. I'd say of the seven times we've played recently, only two of the Big Red teams would be considered "good" for our standards... 2011 and 2015.

Again, I'd love to see the series restarted. This year and last year, Massillon would've been big favorites. In 2016-17, Big Red would've been big favorites. That is the sign of a good rivalry.

Oh, and Ignatius probably wouldn't happen primarily because they have an enrollment of over 1,500 boys and Big Red has an enrollment of a little over 300. They're five times our size. lol

However, you never answered why the series ended, after 2015. The truth, that was on Reno. Let's hope both teams will be playing in the near future.

Mogadore vs McDonald
Mogadore vs Kirtland
Mogadore vs Cuyahoga Heights
Mogadore vs Mogadore Field ( supposedly this rivalry is resuming as they played this past year). Schools are about 4 miles apart sharing postal address and many family connections.