What happens if counties go "Purple"?

I was wondering also when you revealed yourself as the liberal or anti trumpet you seem to be. The facts are we have MANY treatments under his watch and an unprecedented number potentially vaccines in development but you and people like you will blame him and not who you probably should blame. But you would fit right into our media’s preoccupation with this because that’s what excites your group.

And the Trumpet calling someone and anti trumpet is a curious predicament....#DerLeader

You know the rules chief. Believe in the virus? You’re an america hating communist. Don’t believe in the virus? You’re a trump loving racist.
Pretty simple really.
Well, I don’t guess I fit neatly into either of your two groups... maybe like the bat, in the Aesop’s Fable about the war between the birds and the animals... ironic, given all the initial claims about this virus first spreading from bats to humans...

Better recheck your stats. Those death rates are directly from the CDC. That 300,000 also is a number that reflects those who have died with it and not from it. You have been falsely influenced by the mainstream media’s panic driven agenda.
I recheck my stats weekly— with multiple sources- not the CDC— but, if you are using the CDC’s stats— which repackage the Johns Hopkins Medical School tracking data (which is generally the source for most news stories on the numbers of cases and deaths) you’d actually find that the nominal “listed” death rate Is FAR HIGHER than what I cited (e.g.—it is closer to 2.8%— in other words, 4X higher than what epidemiologists believe it REALLY is)— but all informed epidemiologists recognize that that Death Rate Is NOT really close to ~3%— they think it is around 0.6–0.7%—making it around 6-7 times more lethal than the normal seasonal flu virus and ~3X higher than you were incorrectly claiming... but I SURE won’t be using the data from somebody who can’t distinguish between death rates and survival rates (which are virtually opposite numbers) correctly.

And your belief that the ~300,000 deaths so far from this virus are only those who died with it, not from it, reveals that you have no understanding of epidemiological data— that lie (that only ~6% of the corona virus deaths should actually be attributed to the virus) is a huge fallacy that has been promulgated by Trump supporters (and various other conspiracy theorists) because they don’t begin to understand how Excess Deaths (versus Expected Deaths) are calculated— there is a whole thread on the debate forum on that— larded with misinformation from Trump supporters— but also featuring numerous attempts to explain to you WHY 300,000 actually IS the proximal number of additional deaths that have been caused by this virus this year.

1603917938437.png
yappsters walking up to the soapbox

4GX,
For 7 months I have known few people who have gotten covid or been quarantined. That has changed pretty significantly in the last two weeks. I would not be surprised if the numbers were being massaged to keep some counties at red until after the election so Ohio does not have a Comey moment (but in reverse). I still look for some purples next Thursday.

99.96% of people 70 and under will survive COVID-19
94.6% 71 and over will survive it.
The combined effect is that epidemiologists forecast 0.6-0.7% to die, after getting Covid-19– that correlates to an overall 99.3-99.4% survival rate— that death rate is 6X-7X higher than the 0.1% death rate typically experienced with the seasonal flu— and is high enough to overwhelm our health care system, if allowed ”to let it rip” (as some posters here and elsewhere have advocated) through our country’s population (as we clearly saw, in the early days of the epidemic, in NYC).

It is all very glib to say something like “99% of all people who get Covid-19 will survive”—not realizing that THAT is NOT GOOD ENOUGH— the devil is in the details— a 99% survival rate STILL would mean nearly 3.5 Million Americans would die from this in a couple of years time— that is ~50% more Americans dying than die from ALL OTHER CAUSES in a normal year— in other words, it would be like adding an extra year and a half of additional NORMAL deaths to our normal death toll in this country.

So you have cited faulty, incorrect data (your correct data point should be: 99.3% of all people will likely survive this virus— but with what lingering health effects, we as yet do not know)—which SEEMS (to an ignorant observer) to suggest that this virus is “no big deal”—when, in fact, it is a VERY BIG DEAL. You say that you are “a math guy”— then at least get your math correct.

4GX,
For 7 months I have known few people who have gotten covid or been quarantined. That has changed pretty significantly in the last two weeks. I would not be surprised if the numbers were being massaged to keep some counties at red until after the election so Ohio does not have a Comey moment (but in reverse). I still look for some purples next Thursday.
And this will benefit whom? Who do you propose is doing this? And how do they do it (meaning how are they hiding the ”true” data)?

No one presumed it would stop it. How are we still on this? It is and was to slow it. slllooooooooowwwww the spread. And it did and does. It's a virus. There is no "vulnerable protect yourself." There is no one (we know of yet) that is invulnerable. It's not the spread nor the virus of it that's the problem. It's the nature of this particular virus, being able to hide itself and result in well meaning people infecting those close that are more vulnerable to the effects. Enough synergy the other way, we will be in trouble.

But as I've said day 1, anyone that doesn't believe or doesn't want, live your life normal. Even better go hug a casualty, give em a kiss then go hug and kiss the family. Show that confidence. But PLEASE stop whining about it. It's hardly a sacrifice, masks and distancing.
It's a sacrifice of your liberty. Over a virus with a 99% survival rate.

You suggesting we do this every fall to "slow the spread" of the deadly flu?

Was never the intent.

The science is overwhelming that it helps if one doesn't pick and choose obsolete factoids or goes full retard like "A mask isn't 100% effective, therefore they don't work".

Partially correct. Living with minor precautions (and they ARE minor) is only a big deal to those who choose to make it so.
It's the intent now or they wouldnt be crying about cases of a virus with a 99% survival rate. The goal has gone from minimize infection to zero infection.

Given the consistent case load it's clear masks dont work as compliance is over 90%.

The media DOES report on these matters— you are not paying attention... and the statistics (that you are trying to cite) are incorrect (by a factor of 3X-6X)— the actual death rate is more like 0.6-0.7%— what you are trying to cite are the SURVIVAL rates, not the death rates— but, again, you have the data wrong (way low on the rate of death).

The fact that cases are surging paralleling a surge in testing is worth noting— without really making any difference in the seriousness of the epidemic—what really matters is how many people are ending up hospitalized and/or dying— and those numbers are surging as well—over and over, we have seen that, as case numbers surge, the numbers of hospitalizations (and then deaths) surge—THAT is why surging case counts matter— and no amount of testing is EVER DRIVING hospitalizations or deaths— that is the ignorant science fallacy that our current president has promulgated broadly across his support base. It’s like blaming the thermometer for the temperature being over 100 degrees on a hot day... all the thermometer does is test the air that’s around it— it doesn‘t make the air hot— just as tests don’t infect people-- tests just reveal infected people.

BUT the tests don’t create cases nor hospitalizations nor deaths—the tests REVEAL (typically asymptomatic) cases— and help to prevent people who are positive (but asymptomatic) from walking around communicating the disease to other people— which is important, because eventually, a decent percentage of those people who get the virus from an asymptomatic person will, in turn, get a serious (sometimes even fatal) case of the disease...But NO ONE with a severe case is really being “revealed” by a test— that is more a confirmation of what most medical personnel ALREADY KNOW— and it is mounting levels of severe cases that overwhelm healthcare systems— and kill LOTS of people (an extra ~300,000 Americans so far this year)...
It's a mild virus to the vast majority of the population. Number of cases is irrelevant, no one cares how many cases of the flu there are every year. Letting number of cases drive public policy rather than death rate is foolish.

People are so scared. I haven’t wore a mask yet and I won’t. You people who are scared just stay home as let the real men handle things.
Whew!— what a relief— a “REAL MAN“ has shown up on the scene— we can spot him by his ignorance of his subject matter, and his poor grammar... or were YOU speaking of somebody else?

Whew!— what a relief— a “REAL MAN“ has shown up on the scene— we can spot him by his ignorance of his subject matter, and his poor grammar... or were YOU speaking of somebody else?
99.6% chance of surviving. Why are you afraid??? Maybe your boyfriend will snuggle with you.

In all seriousness we are actually better off without the people who walk around wearing masks. You do zero good for society and I wish this virus was at a 10% death rate like you guys are acting. You’re using this virus as an excuse to get paid and stay home. Like I said....we are better off if you just get sick and really die.

In all seriousness we are actually better off without the people who walk around wearing masks. You do zero good for society and I wish this virus was at a 10% death rate like you guys are acting. You’re using this virus as an excuse to get paid and stay home. Like I said....we are better off if you just got sick and really died.
Don't forget virtue signaling. How ya gonna signal how compassionate you are if you don't wear your mask? Sure it's pointless, but don't ya feel like your down for the cause when you're rockin' that super cool mask?

Don't forget virtue signaling. How ya gonna signal how compassionate you are if you don't wear your mask? Sure it's pointless, but don't ya feel like your down for the cause when you're rockin' that super cool mask?
Hey look at my paisley print mask that my gf made me!!! Yeah I know the virus is super contagious and is most likely created in a lab by guys wearing biological warfare suits....but this mask will protect me.