What happens if counties go "Purple"?

Who knows. It all depends on what crayons Mike, Fran and the grand kids decide to color with from week to week. Hospitals are still begging for business, despite what Columbus Mayor Ginther was blabbing about in his news conference today. At the end of the day, when it comes to the OHSAA football season, we've seen ZERO major illness, ZERO hospitalizations and ZERO deaths of players. I honestly doubt there's been one cancellation this year that warranted a cancellation. Most have been due to just ONE positive. It's a travesty. Then again, wait until winter sports.

I am thinking they may postpone winter sports until January. With the holidays they will have a lot of positive tests in November and December.

But as I've said day 1, anyone that doesn't believe or doesn't want, live your life normal. Even better go hug a casualty, give em a kiss then go hug and kiss the family. Show that confidence. But PLEASE stop whining about it. It's hardly a sacrifice, masks and distancing.

Alright East, your dare is asinine.
Just as if someone has the flu, you probably wouldn’t hug and kiss them either, but I will still “SHOW THAT CONFIDENCE” and live my life...
just like I have for the last 8 months.

The school my wife teaches at has said if their county goes purple they will go remote learning. They are also getting ready for an extended Thanksgiving break until after the first of the year.

Saw today even though cases are up, death rate is down significantly. Shouldn’t that matter? Sounds to me like thats a good thing. What is our goal here?
It is, but it's not the only thing. Hospitalizations are important, as it is a leading indicator of the direction the death rate will likely take. People (not saying you) like to pick and choose their facts as opposed to looking at the totality of the knowledge we have.

This spring we shut down the country and you could barely do a thing.

That did not stop it.
Was never the intent.

So to think a stupid mask and tactical spacing will work is just foolish.
The science is overwhelming that it helps if one doesn't pick and choose obsolete factoids or goes full retard like "A mask isn't 100% effective, therefore they don't work".

We are just going to have to live with it and if you are vulnerable, do what you need to do to protect yourself.
Partially correct. Living with minor precautions (and they ARE minor) is only a big deal to those who choose to make it so.

if they go purple.... I'd assume most schools would try to play and carry on as normal as possible unless the health department advises otherwise... still though, they don't have the teeth to stop them. The government would have to

Purple Haze. Then Purple Rain.
What happens if we get to Deep Purple?

deeppurple.JPG

Last edited:
I think 99% of people are willing (everyone I know are doing these things) to wear the masks, social distance, are eating outside at restaurants, working at home if possible, washing their hands. Many people haven’t seen their elderly parents for almost a year!

What has people upset is the constant threat of taking away our actual freedom to leave our house to make a living (protect what we have worked hard and sacrificed much to earn and achieve) or chase our dreams (ie play football in the hopes of getting a college education per Northmont.)

I don’t think any of the above is very radical, stupid or selfish.
Shaming kids is no way to raise responsible adults. Shaming Americans by calling them stupid, anti-science etc. is no way to get people to buy-in.

I think 99% of people are willing (everyone I know are doing these things) to wear the masks, social distance, are eating outside at restaurants, working at home if possible, washing their hands. Many people haven’t seen their elderly parents for almost a year!

What has people upset is the constant threat of taking away our actual freedom to leave our house to make a living (protect what we have worked hard and sacrificed much to earn and achieve) or chase our dreams (ie play football in the hopes of getting a college education per Northmont.)

I don’t think any of the above is very radical, stupid or selfish.
Shaming kids is no way to raise responsible adults. Shaming Americans by calling them stupid, anti-science etc. is no way to get people to buy-in.
This does not feel like what is happening, to me...I have not felt encumbered in “leaving my house to make living” at any time during this epidemic... and if you are primarily “playing football in the hopes of getting a college education” you are most likely to be sorely disappointed— and have been sorely misinformed.

Last edited:
There ya go! Prove my point. Arrogant and talking down to me.

1. no one believes the are guaranteed a college degree by playing football. I said chase that dream.
2. lots of people have lost their jobs. You must be super rich and live in a bubble of rich friends.
Maybe try some empathy.

Most people by far I'VE seen around here have been courteous. Some you can tell don't want to be bothered but they put them on in stranger crowd type places or at least distance. There's always azzholes going to make fun of someone protecting themselves and others. eh. Haven't met any of them in the real. And in the vise-versa. They see me wearing, they seem to wonder if I'm going to make a deal. I make a point to greet and say "hey." A couple times I've asked someone I don't know who came up on me without mask to step back. They did and I do also so it doesn't seem demanding.. Habits are hard to break and pick-up

I firmly have faith we'll get through not just the virus but also the differences of opinions.

Willing to have this conversation since you didn’t act arrogant. Where are you seeing people not wearing masks? Everywhere i go people are required to wear them and they are.
When I go to Home Depot in Columbus, everyone wears masks. When I grocery shop in my suburb, everyone wears masks.

When I go to the gas station 12 miles east of where I live, in the country, half of the people I see do not wear masks.

People attend weddings and football parties, and nary a mask to be seen.

What happens if we get to Deep Purple?

View attachment 11267

Then we get to the final stage, the 'Purple People Eater'.
Sheb Wooley was way ahead of his time :)

Well, I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me

200211-the-purple-people-eater.jpg

A parent down in Clermont County finally wised up and filed a motion for a restraining order against these goofy health department rules so she could play in her soccer game tonight. They won. They wanted her to quarantine despite wearing a mask and having plastic dividers in the classroom.

We all need to take a stand like this! It’s about time.