What happened to Walnut Hills???

mustang93

I was expecting big things from the Eagles with their new coach and the win over Turpin. It seems like things are going down hill (except for wins over CPS schools). Are players getting injured or what?

I agree, it seems like they have no seniors playing, a strong Junior class and then nothing. Their JV teams seems to be struggling mightily according to HS sports net(winless). Is this going to be much of a program after the juniors graduate?

I know the principal is a baseball guy and is pressing hard for them to improve but is it realistic for them to actually be a program at this point. There is no continuity from one year to the next.

(I have a son that will go to Walnut and he plays ball, hence my concern)

If I were you I would be worried. If athletics are important to you, I would look at St. X for your son. Walnut sports will improve in the short term but will eventually fall back down. Ask anyone who has to deal with their AD, apparently he runs a law practice in addition to being an AD. Apparently, the guy is impossible to get a hold of and is rarely in the building. A school that size and with so many extracurriculars can't have a half time AD and succeed.

Academically, Walnut is as solid as ever.

I agree, it seems like they have no seniors playing, a strong Junior class and then nothing. Their JV teams seems to be struggling mightily according to HS sports net(winless). Is this going to be much of a program after the juniors graduate?

I know the principal is a baseball guy and is pressing hard for them to improve but is it realistic for them to actually be a program at this point. There is no continuity from one year to the next.

(I have a son that will go to Walnut and he plays ball, hence my concern)

Walnut struggles on many levels. I know theat Coach Doxsey and his staff are working hard to help their kids improve. I don't know much about their JV coach, but I have seen them play, and it looks like they are young and lack experience. I would guess by the number of players, that they don't have much to work with. Hopefully, they are able to build something over there. Their junior class seems to be pretty strong.