What happened to Trotwood?

EuclidandViren

I know the coaching change. But a program that dominant doesn't place in the GWOC in the 100, 110h, 300h, 200, 400, 4x100 or 4x200 or LJ and HJ. Looks like they will be bottom 3-4 in the GWOC this year.

I know the coaching change. But a program that dominant doesn't place in the GWOC in the 100, 110h, 300h, 200, 400, 4x100 or 4x200 or LJ and HJ. Looks like they will be bottom 3-4 in the GWOC this year.
That's an easy question to answer. Mo Douglas is what happen! Football players at Trotwood are lead to believe if they miss a camp or weight lifting they are out of the running to be a star or starter in football.

That's an easy question to answer. Mo Douglas is what happen! Football players at Trotwood are lead to believe if they miss a camp or weight lifting they are out of the running to be a star or starter in football.

I doubt that very seriously, with Coach Logan coaching the Db's and Coach Graham the O/C both coaching track!!! Kids' just aren't running track or maybe their not coming out for the track team!!! When Coach Wagg was there the kids wanted to run for him, maybe that's the problem!!!

Football players at Trotwood are lead to believe if they miss a camp or weight lifting they are out of the running to be a star or starter in football.

This is not only a Trotwood problem. The football coach comes around and asks the track guys if they are going to work out with the "team" when he sees them running.

This was really different than in my day. The football "made" guys play a spring sport. You could choose baseball or track, and we did lift during track.

The problem with the track team is that there used to actually be track athletes on the track team and track was their main sport. This year it looks like the football team is also the track team. Check the rosters, you will notice a striking similarity,contrary to what some have posted. Where's the Will Henry's on this years team? It just looks like the football team is trying to stay in shape and keep their endurance up til football season.

The problem with the track team is that there used to actually be track athletes on the track team and track was their main sport. This year it looks like the football team is also the track team. Check the rosters, you will notice a striking similarity,contrary to what some have posted. Where's the Will Henry's on this years team? It just looks like the football team is trying to stay in shape and keep their endurance up til football season.

Except for the distance runners (and maybe hurdlers), track teams are always football players, at least for the boys teams. Maybe it is different in the city schools (I went to a rural county school), but everyone that balled in the fall, ran in the spring. I would imagine that most boys track teams would be devistated without football players.

The issue we have with our youth, and it IS the adults fault, is this belief that they can only focus on one sport to be good. THE most extreme example is soccor, with football a close 2nd. For the life of me (and I played college ball), I have no idea what I high school player is going to learn in the spring to prevent them from running track. Track lifts weights and does strength training as much or more than football. Of all the things that happen in HS sports, this is the biggest bunch of BS.

Lol where are you getting this from Mo Douglas comes to the track meets. Im sure he told his top 10 player in the country Burrows that:laugh:. Or even the two football coaches who coach track and one is the head track coach.

Except for the distance runners (and maybe hurdlers), track teams are always football players, at least for the boys teams. Maybe it is different in the city schools (I went to a rural county school), but everyone that balled in the fall, ran in the spring. I would imagine that most boys track teams would be devistated without football players.

The issue we have with our youth, and it IS the adults fault, is this belief that they can only focus on one sport to be good. THE most extreme example is soccor, with football a close 2nd. For the life of me (and I played college ball), I have no idea what I high school player is going to learn in the spring to prevent them from running track. Track lifts weights and does strength training as much or more than football. Of all the things that happen in HS sports, this is the biggest bunch of BS.

? In the past, we had a ton of football players come out for track, but at present, we have 1! I blame this on pay to play in our district. A lot families cannot afford to do 2 sports here.
About track doing as much or more strength and weight training, where did you get that? Outside of our throwers, the only strength I see going on is pre-season for sprinters. We do more strength training in xc(abs and core) than our track kids do. Again, outside of our throwers. I think this went away with all our football players NOT running track. Just my observations.

? In the past, we had a ton of football players come out for track, but at present, we have 1! I blame this on pay to play in our district. A lot families cannot afford to do 2 sports here.
About track doing as much or more strength and weight training, where did you get that? Outside of our throwers, the only strength I see going on is pre-season for sprinters. We do more strength training in xc(abs and core) than our track kids do. Again, outside of our throwers. I think this went away with all our football players NOT running track. Just my observations.

Pay to play is killing many schools programs. The fact that you get to vote on school funding is the biggest joke. Of all the things adults are obligated to for our children is school. Sports are a big part of building a school community.

Rundad, we would to seperate good programs and procedures from more poor methods. The link between strength training, injury prevention and improved performance is beyond dispute. Even for distance runners, strength training is important. Strength training is much more than bench press and squats to be clear.

The only events Trotwood is really lacking right now is the elite 400 guys were use to seeing,200 and an elite jumper. They have a sophomore at 10.9 in the 100 there 4x1 and 4x2 are running state caliber teams. The 4x4 isn't down in the 3:14-3:15 range like were use to seeing but they are right there with everybody else. Those Trotwood teams were very special teams and had a very special coach

Pay to play is killing many schools programs. The fact that you get to vote on school funding is the biggest joke. Of all the things adults are obligated to for our children is school. Sports are a big part of building a school community.

Rundad, we would to seperate good programs and procedures from more poor methods. The link between strength training, injury prevention and improved performance is beyond dispute. Even for distance runners, strength training is important. Strength training is much more than bench press and squats to be clear.

Sorry Running man, I should have said distance and XC as we have the same kids in both. You are right that weight training is vital to training, but to say that track athletes do more weight and strength training than football is overstating it in my humble opinion. And I am NOT a big football guy. But I have both coached and worked as an athletic trainer in my past, and I see a LOT more strength training with our ball players.
Now, as a pole vaulter in high school, I gave the footballers a run for their money, albeit with lighter weights, but that was more preseason for us than during season. Again, just my humble observations.
And AMEN to the funding debacle that is Ohio schools!

They're baaaacckk!!! Trotwood's boys took first place at the dayton div 1districts today in the 4x100,4x200,and the 4x400. I guess its not that you can run fast times. Its WHEN you run those times. Better to be running your best times now than earlier in the season. On to the regionals next wednesday and friday. Good luck! Your community is behind you guys!