What Freshman Really Helped There Team This Year?

JBLAKE_08

It is very clear that Devin McCarthy is the best freshman...Lets try a top 5 best freshman who really made a difference this year...

Mike Schlachter

LaSalle had a freshman, Mike Schlachter, come in about a little less then half way through the season. Due to injury to another player, he stepped in and played 2nd doubles with his brother Tony. He was 5-2 in matches this year, with a big win against CHCA. His brother and him also were champs of Coaches' Classic Flight E Second Doubles. Even though LaSalle had a struggling season Mike stepped up and helped the lancers.

wyatt lippert from lakota west beat torbeck from st. x and is in the state tournament this weekend. he is top 16 in the state.

Lippert is the second best freshman in the whole state. Devin McCarthy is clearly number one with his state team title and doubles championship.

Tennis Coach said:
Lippert is the second best freshman in the whole state. Devin McCarthy is clearly number one with his state team title and doubles championship.[/QUO

it is not clear that devin is the best freshman, I want to see them play eachother, with wyatt playing as well as he has been.

wcballa said:
have fun at hamilton patrick.

I just found out im not going to hamilton, im doing open enrollment. and still going to lakota east.

not that anybody cares besides wcballa.

Last edited:
lakota,
how isnt devin the #1 frosh? he beat jt 2 times soundly. he is expected to beat jt. this lippert kid clearly got jt on an off day. devin is clearly the more developed player. he didnt beat torbeck with drop shots and net play. he was hitting clean winners from the baseline. if he was able to go toe to toe with the much older, stronger torbeck, than he can do so against another frosh. devin also has a great net game. he plays up alot in tourny's to get more tough matches. plus devin clearly knows how to win. which is a big step beyond just being good.

lilbrave05 said:
lakota,
how isnt devin the #1 frosh? he beat jt 2 times soundly. he is expected to beat jt. this lippert kid clearly got jt on an off day. devin is clearly the more developed player. he didnt beat torbeck with drop shots and net play. he was hitting clean winners from the baseline. if he was able to go toe to toe with the much older, stronger torbeck, than he can do so against another frosh. devin also has a great net game. he plays up alot in tourny's to get more tough matches. plus devin clearly knows how to win. which is a big step beyond just being good.

ok, good point, but i would still like to see wyatt and devin play. With wyatt playing as ridiculous as he has been. i say this to show i know wyatt has no chance on a normal day.

jt, wasnt clearly on an off day, we've seen in the past that John loses to relatively steady, consistent players, on top of that, wyatt beat JT outdoors, for jt this is totally different from indoors, johns serve and forehand are more effective where the elements are not a factor. Johns head got in the way when he lost to wyatt, john wont let wyatt do that again, especially if the match was indoors.