What Did You Learn New today??

19AL63

Friday there was a debate of the R's running for the US Senate from Ohio and from what I read Mandell and Gibbon ended up in each others face and almost came to blows. Seems Mandel thought he had to show what a tough Ex -Marine he is. ( I know I watch NCIS once a Marine always a Marine) From what I have heard Mandel showed his backside just a little. This I am a Marine and I am tough is wearing a little thin with my thinking. Just because you were a Marine does not make you smart enough to be a good Senator.

bigkat

My 20 year old son..... who lives in the BIG CITY..... was upset that he had to pay $235 for GAS just for this week..... and the guys and gals that are his age group is getting the idea on what a democrat and Republicans are for... lets just say it doesn't look good for the democrats....

bigkat

Ukraine gets $800,000,000 of our hard earned taxpayer money,

Congress just gave themselves a 21% pay raise with our hard earned taxpayer money.

…And we get $4+ gas and 8% inflation.

Got it.
and HAVE not heard anywhere on MSM about their pay raise...

19AL63

Congress did not get a pay raise. what they got was a raise on their expense account. The thing that pays their office rent, employees, travel expenses things like that. Will not pay for campaigning personal vacations and other like manner things. Not a raise but if you work it right I bet you can do many things and write them off and not get caught. It is reported they are making the same 174 thousands they made clear back in 2009.

cabezadecaballo

Friday there was a debate of the R's running for the US Senate from Ohio and from what I read Mandell and Gibbon ended up in each others face and almost came to blows. Seems Mandel thought he had to show what a tough Ex -Marine he is. ( I know I watch NCIS once a Marine always a Marine) From what I have heard Mandel showed his backside just a little. This I am a Marine and I am tough is wearing a little thin with my thinking. Just because you were a Marine does not make you smart enough to be a good Senator.
Never liked Mandel, he has always seemed like a bit of a weasel. Gibbons, I like.

cabezadecaballo

I learned that one can have a penis and win a woman’s swimming event.
I have been fortunate enough to have delivered one possible fulfillment of that overly vague statement on more than one occasion, and I am sure it's not unique. Perhaps you'd rephrase ?

19AL63

The Ohio Supreme court rejects map plan three. Got close with a 4-3 vote. the court is basically saying even though the R's are in control they have to let the D's draw the maps. That is what I have been hearing. So is it fair for me to ask and be assured when and if the D's ever are in control again the R's get to draw the maps? Never was like that before that I can remember. On to plan four.
Just a small note as a follow up. Democrats were celebrating the Ohio State Supreme Court ruling striking down the R-drawn Congressional map. Since that celebration someone notice the The Supreme Court must of tired of the D-returning time and again so the court issued this last ruling as a final Judgement. So now when the new replacement map is drawn up the D's can't just run back to the Supreme crying. If they do not like the new map a new lawsuit will need to be filed. From all reports no way the lawsuit can make it back to the Supreme Court by Nov.

19AL63

Just learned so here is a short update: Results of Trump VS Stormy Daniels lawsuit _ Trump won!!!!! She failed in her lawsuit and in a final ruling the courts have ordered to her pay 300,000 dollars to cover Trump's attorney fees, costs and sanctions. Daniels tweeted, "I will go to jail before I pay a penny". Someone has since pointed out to her she would have to pay whether she goes to jail or not.

I do have a question related to this. Whatever happened to the investigation of the Trump campaigns finance law violation related to the 130,000 dollars paid to Stormy?

19AL63

White House Press Sec. Jen Psaki tested Positive (again) not for for being stupid but for Covid that is. This makes positive test number two since being fully vaccinated. She reported that she will no longer be traveling to Europe with Biden who leaves today. Last fall she tested positive just ahead of Biden's trip to the G-20 Summit. Jen was suppose to go and had to remain home. Seems to be a pattern here what is this not traveling overseas with Biden about? Anyone know why she does not want to travel with her President? How about a guess. Please note: Can I point out just how good the vaccine is working for Jen, fully vaccinated and has now gotten Covid twice. How can that be? if I was a reporter I would really think twice about getting anywhere near this petri dish.

19AL63

I do not know if i want to try the geese close to our house. They do not seem to be the type to let you pick them up. From the video you have to get close to the animal and that is not going to happen with our geese without them going full attack mode.

Altor

Her(I hope I am not offending anyone calling the nominee that) response was one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.
After I thought about it a bit, I'm betting it is a coached response she was told to give if she was asked that question. They decided that they could handle any ridicule from the Rs about this answer compared to the fallout from other possible answers.

ZfishInMason

She said, "Can I provide a definition? No, I can’t," the judge responded before further explaining, "Not in this context, I'm not a biologist."

2 things:

1. We're to the point where basic truths can't be voiced for fear of being labeled by the "woke"
2. It's funny that her deflection invokes the need for a biologist to give an answer. It'll be fun to watch our left-leaning Yapsters try and defend that!

EagleGuy

I do not know if i want to try the geese close to our house. They do not seem to be the type to let you pick them up. From the video you have to get close to the animal and that is not going to happen with our geese without them going full attack mode.
Feed them oatmeal. They will be your friends forever!

cabezadecaballo

After I thought about it a bit, I'm betting it is a coached response she was told to give if she was asked that question. They decided that they could handle any ridicule from the Rs about this answer compared to the fallout from other possible answers.
I thought about it a lot. She was nominated to fail, imho. Grist for the '22 midterm mill.

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
I learned that the NY prosecutors than resigned over the DA failing to pursue an indictment felt their case was open and shut.

I re-affirmed today that TDS is a serious disease that requires serious mental health treatment.

Last edited: