What did you get for Christmas?

$150 from my in-laws and that’s it. Nothing from my wife, nothing from my kids. We kind of agreed no gifts this year, but we honestly forgot to help the kids pick out gifts for us. I’ll see my mom in January and we already decided not to exchange gifts. I’ll see my dad and his wife in February and we’ll exchange gifts. He‘ll likely go overboard and give me another one of his guns. For my birthday in August he gave me an $800 Baretta 9MM. I think he’s decided to give me things instead of leaving them in his will.

Last edited:
White Elephant. You can steal or pick an unopened. I had last pick two years in a row. Deal! Had #6 this year. Lots of gifts bags, people don't wrap anymore. A few wrapped, mine included. There was an envelop so I picked it. $40!!! and an explanation, the Amazon hadn't arrived in time.

#7 stole it. :( Eh, I was just going to pass it on to some of the kids running around and I got to open another gift. Got some headlamps and a lantern that I really did need. Also got one of these:
shopping

So you know who became a nuisance.

Got new car mats, money to buy a new futon mattress (long overdue for replacement), a jigsaw puzzle (get 1 every year), a nifty little Bluetooth speaker that clips to almost anything via magnets, and various food items that have become traditional gifts.

I gave my dad some sensors for his bike to complement his Garmin, a bike tool, and a boot/shoe/glove dryer. Even if your shoes aren't water-logged by rain, stepping in a puddle, etc, those dryers are great for eliminating sweat to keep shoes from stinking. If nothing else, he can use it to dry out his cycling shoes. I gave my mom some Hershey bars w/ almonds so she'd have something to open and also gave her an Amazon gift card that I'm hoping she'll use to buy a health/fitness watch (heard her mention it at Thanksgiving). I don't know all the features she wants, and she's rather picky about watches, so I didn't dare buy one outright. I'll gladly help her pick something out if she wishes to continue down that road.

Am envious. I love getting stuff like that on Christmas morning.

My early gift was Covid eight days before Christmas. Perfect timing, lol.

Hoping for the gift of smell and taste to return in time for New Years's Eve dinner with Mrs. Z.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck, hope the senses come back soon.

We ask for nothing but I did get A Ohio state wrestling sweatshirt, set of dvd's I wanted and a new wireless mouse for the old computer. This new and modern mouse replaced one that had a wire coming out of it and was not working well. Great Christmas got thing I needed or wanted and nothing i didnot want or need. Now if Rikon would sent me the new filter I bought and ordered with a promise it would be shipped asap. Their Idea of asap and mine is much different. Mine is a few days theirs is five weeks and still not shipped.

Cleaned up at Christmas this year. Traeger smoker/grill, a very nice vest, Marshall Bluetooth speaker, a pair of EH Taylor branded cuff links, and an insanely generous check from my wife’s grandmother.

Nothing outrageous. Some clothes, the first 3 illustrated Harry Potter books, smart lock for the front door, cover and rack for my Blackstone, some tools

Just got around to trying this out - the wife got me a PowerBoost impact massaging tool from Sharper Image.

This afternoon she spent 5 minutes on the trigger points in my right rhomboid, then hit the left, then the traps on both sides. Was somewhat painful to endure, but wow! This baby is the real deal, my rhomboid has not complained for the last six hours. And that was just on the low setting. We started with the ball attachment, will try the other attachments tomorrow and see how they do.

Just got around to trying this out - the wife got me a PowerBoost impact massaging tool from Sharper Image.

This afternoon she spent 5 minutes on the trigger points in my right rhomboid, then hit the left, then the traps on both sides. Was somewhat painful to endure, but wow! This baby is the real deal, my rhomboid has not complained for the last six hours. And that was just on the low setting. We started with the ball attachment, will try the other attachments tomorrow and see how they do.
i have always said A happy rhomboid.... is a happy man.......

All children were home ............. pretty special.

As well, the new rotisserie attachment for the Weber grill has already made an appearance.

You might think so, but no.

That looks like one of these gun nerds sits around bragging owns 300 semies and glocks puzzies, thinks he's protectin "Merica." I aint fraid of no flies. I get in there, takes my risks, do them close and personal. Though I might get me one of those. You know, just for target practice.

That looks like one of these gun nerds sits around bragging owns 300 semies and glocks puzzies, thinks he's protectin "Merica." I aint fraid of no flies. I get in there, takes my risks, do them close and personal. Though I might get me one of those. You know, just for target practice.
I’ll give up my bug-a-salt when the flies pry my cold dead fingers from it.

Last edited:
I use mine for hunting with my pointer cat. If I see here staring at a spot high on the wall i know she has a spider. Time to rack and load.