What books are you reading in 2020?

31. Jack Higgins---Bad Company
32. David Ellis---Jury of One pretty good courtroom drama
33. David Baldacci---One Good Deed a little different Baldacci book. a murder mystery set in 1949 with a likable main character
34. John Gilstrap---Nathan's Run
35. Brad Meltzer---Dead Even

1-The other daughter- Lisa Gardner (My fav by her, so far)
2-Fury of the mountain man- William W. Johnstone
3-Blood Oath- Linda Fairstein (First time reading her and I have to say this one was very good.)
4-Rage of the mountain man- William W. Johnstone
5-All Hallows Eve- Heather Graham
6-Final Jeopardy- Linda Fairstein
7-The Survivors Club- Lisa Gardner (Right on par with the 1st book on my list)

36. John W. Mefford---Streets of Mayhem
37. " " " ---Tap That
38. " " " ---Hate City
39. " " " ---Blood Ring
40 " " " ---No Mas
41. " " " ---Dead Heat These 6 books were a series that I would consider just average
also read another Lee Child short story James Penny's New Identity

The Joe Pickett series by C. J. Box is about as western as I get, although I remember reading Hondo and a couple others way, way, back. I forgot to mention on my list that Lying in Judgment by Gary Corbin is a little different than you're usual courtroom novel. I'm not claiming it's great, but sure is different.

The Joe Pickett series by C. J. Box is about as western as I get, although I remember reading Hondo and a couple others way, way, back. I forgot to mention on my list that Lying in Judgment by Gary Corbin is a little different than you're usual courtroom novel. I'm not claiming it's great, but sure is different.
The best western series I have ever read (still reading) is The last mountain man.

3-Blood Oath- Linda Fairstein (First time reading her and I have to say this one was very good.)
7-The Survivors Club- Lisa Gardner
8-Jericho Point- Meg Gardiner

46. Kinda Fairstein---Entombed
47. Brad Parks---Say Nothing (What happens when a juror on a murder trial may be the murderer?)
48. Neal Bascomb---The Escape Artists (True story of WW1 British pilots trying to escape from German prisons)
49. Scott Kaufman---In Deepest Consequences
50. Phillip Margolin---The Last Innocent Man ( pretty good legal thriller)

9-When You See Me- Lisa Gardner (A Must Read)

LCF---You must be right about When You See Me. I just went on line to the library and it has 383 people on the waiting list.

51. Mark Gimenez---The Absense of Guilt
52. Wendy C. Staub---Blood Red
53. Greg Iles---The Quiet Game
54. Jack Higgins---Dark Justice
55. Phillip Margolin---Perfect Alibi

10-Cunning of the Mountain Man- William W. Johnstone

Toughness by Jay Bilas

I finished this book yesterday; it took me only 6 days. It was the first book I have finished since 5th grade (22 years). I used to love reading, then my 5th grade teacher made it miserable for me, and I hadn't read ever since, until I started this book last Sunday.

Really glad I did! I think I am going to read it again over the next two weeks and this time take notes. Then it'll be on to the next book. I am kinda excited to start reading again - books about leadership, coaching, and self-improvement.

56. Brad Parks---The Last Act
57. Nick Petrie---The Wild One
58. Phillip Margolin---Sleight of Hand
59. Brad Parks---Closer than you Know
60. Marcia Clark---Guilty by Association Yes, that Marcia Clark

Child's "Blue Moon" is by far the worst of the Reacher books. I'd advise skipping it.

I'm currently reading "The Game" about the 1968 Harvard Yale game and the climate that was swirling around the game because of the Viet-nam War.

"Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch - I've never heard of the guy, but apparently his "Wayward Pines" trilogy was made into a Fox series, and now I see Yappi had a thread on this five years ago.

A Chicago man, who leaves his wife and son to run a short errand, is kidnapped by a strange man and drugged into unconsciousness. When he wakes up, he's in a Chicago he doesn't recognize, surrounded by people he's never met but who claim to know him - and now the woman he's known for 15 years as his wife tells him he broke off their engagement to do research, so their son was never born .....

I was hooked by the plot, takes the doppelganger concept to a new level. I even understood the gist of most of it. Rod Serling and Stephen King would be proud.

Crouch's writing style is a bit irritating. He does a lot of "bullet point" writing, where he describes the contents of a room with one-word sentences and hard returns, instead of making a longer sentence or paragraph. I guess it's supposed to be a starker, more impactful style. Not quite my cup of tea.

Anybody read Wayward Pines? Gonna check it out when this madness ends and they open the library back up, at least for on-line reservation and pickup.

Zunardo---Have you considered reading E-Books? Every book I read now is an E-Book from the library. I have a $40 7" tablet that I do most of my reading on and do some reading on my computer. Most books available in the library are available on line. You just need a library card.

Zunardo---Have you considered reading E-Books? Every book I read now is an E-Book from the library. I have a $40 7" tablet that I do most of my reading on and do some reading on my computer. Most books available in the library are available on line. You just need a library card.
... (sigh) ....thanks, I may have to. Didn't want to bite the bullet, though. Always prefer the feel of dried wood pulp in my hands. I'll let you know how it goes if I take the plunge. Fortunately, I had checked out a plethora of books at the end of February, and I still have a couple more to go thru before that happens.

I didn't want to take the plunge either, but my wife talked me into it and I love it. I was buying books on EBay, but after buying a group of 60 books and then 90 books it was getting ridiculous. Now if I find an author I like I can read the rest of their books without hunting for them.

Just started:
The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History
by John M. Barry
Been on my bookcase for a long while, suddenly decided to pick it up...

1. "Toughness" by Jay Bilas (twice)
2. "LEAD... for God's Sake" by Todd G. Gongwer (just finished it tonight)

Two very different books, but both were OUTSTANDING!

I didn't want to take the plunge either, but my wife talked me into it (Kindle) and I love it. I was buying books on EBay, but after buying a group of 60 books and then 90 books it was getting ridiculous. Now if I find an author I like I can read the rest of their books without hunting for them.

Looking around the house, my shelves would be very empty.

I check-out the e-book when I can't find that third book in the trilogy in hardcover. I like the sitting in my chair and scrolling with a remote mouse. I can zoom and change contrast which is a whole lot better on my eyes. I never lose my bookmarker. And when I drop it in the tub water it...well that doesn't really go good. All those advantages and

I still don't like them.

61. Dennis Lehane---Prayers for Rain
62. Steve Hamilton---A Cold Day in Paradise
63. Marcia Clark---Guilt by Degrees
64. Michael Sloan---The Equalizer The TV series "The Equalizer" in the 80's was created by this author. This book was written in 2014 and features the same main character and premise.
65. Dennis Lehane---Moonlight Mile

10-Cunning of the Mountain Man- William W. Johnstone
11-The Santa Fe Trail- Ralph Compton (Love this series)