What are you watching?

Watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 of Primal. It's on HBO Max and Adult Swim

I loved season one and the show picks up right where it left off. This is a really weird and entertaining story about a caveman, a T-Rex and the dawn of time. Against all the odds it works and is actually quite compelling. It features excellent old school animation whch is both vivid and beautiful.

Warning this is NOT for kids. Very violent.

Watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 of Primal. It's on HBO Max and Adult Swim

I loved season one and the show picks up right where it left off. This is a really weird and entertaining story about a caveman, a T-Rex and the dawn of time. Against all the odds it works and is actually quite compelling. It features excellent old school animation whch is both vivid and beautiful.

Warning this is NOT for kids. Very violent.
It’s pretty awesome

Profiles in Courage. A 60s anthology I'd came across clicking through choosing some known, some not so well known subjects. Currently watching an episode on Robert Taft.

Watched Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 last night (3-part documentary on Netflix). I recall bits and pieces of the news reports that came out of that back in the day, but the documentary really dives into the mess that the promoters made of this festival. Like any good trainwreck, it was horrifying, but you couldn't look away.

Watched Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 last night (3-part documentary on Netflix). I recall bits and pieces of the news reports that came out of that back in the day, but the documentary really dives into the mess that the promoters made of this festival. Like any good trainwreck, it was horrifying, but you couldn't look away.
The HBO one is pretty good too but really takes to task young white males, make them out to be the worst thing since the dawn of civilization.

The HBO one is pretty good too but really takes to task young white males, make them out to be the worst thing since the dawn of civilization.

This one doesn't paint them in a pretty light either, but points out the blame in so many different areas as well.

Profiles in Courage. A 60s anthology I'd came across clicking through choosing some known, some not so well known subjects. Currently watching an episode on Robert Taft.
When I hear Profiles in Courage, I always think of Edmund G. Ross, for some class in elementary school we either read or watched that one. Thought of it more in the last couple of years for obvious reasons :)

Started Reservation Dogs, only 1 episode in and so far so good. I see why some critics really dig this thing. My biggest callout is Taika Waititi definitely has a style, at the top of the list is the lead communicating comically with a dead person.

Curious if I’m going to like that or not.

same place. I've read the books. First ep is all I've watched and it departed quite a bit but ultimately tells the start of the story better for those new.

I think it might move a bit too slow for those who are not already vested. You can easily get through the first ep and think, "nothing happened." The missing bits I imagine will come later. Don't know the actors except one that I definitely don't like. Fortunately, I know that role isn't going to be around long. :D

same place. I've read the books. First ep is all I've watched and it departed quite a bit but ultimately tells the start of the story better for those new.

I think it might move a bit too slow for those who are not already vested. You can easily get through the first ep and think, "nothing happened." The missing bits I imagine will come later. Don't know the actors except one that I definitely don't like. Fortunately, I know that role isn't going to be around long. :D

Watching the first episode as we speak. It’s not bad, but obviously not gripping enough that it’s keeping me off my phone lol.

Ted Lasso about done with season 2. If they keep making it, I think it will be considered one of the all-timers. Am I wrong?

Ted Lasso about done with season 2. If they keep making it, I think it will be considered one of the all-timers. Am I wrong?
Solid show but not sure if it is an all timer, best thing about it in my book is it works as a multi generational show. Jason Sudeikis has stated that his intention was for it to run only three seasons which makes it a nice tight trilogy, I hope he keeps with that strategy and isn't temped to keep this thing running just to make $s or drive subscriptions to Apple. If anything a Frazier like character driven spin off might be the best thing to do if the creative team has some more ideas to keep it fresh.

Solid show but not sure if it is an all timer, best thing about it in my book is it works as a multi generational show. Jason Sudeikis has stated that his intention was for it to run only three seasons which makes it a nice tight trilogy, I hope he keeps with that strategy and isn't temped to keep this thing running just to make $s or drive subscriptions to Apple. If anything a Frazier like character driven spin off might be the best thing to do if the creative team has some more ideas to keep it fresh.

I'd think Roy Kent would be a good spinoff, but he as one of the writers is one of the ones that's been pushing 3 seasons only so he might not want to.

He's also about to become a Marvel star.

Barry. Just on the first episode. About the only thing carrying me on is the good reviews. So far I'm not seeing the charm or anything new..