What are you watching?

Union rugby. Annual competition between England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy. Wales did win, 25 to 24.

Ah, so no pennies then.

Rugby is a sport that I'm pretty sure I would enjoy but never took the time to watch and learn. I did have one experience playing touch rugby on my travels. I was fast, so they would get me the ball. I had a clear run to the goal. But I wanted my new friends to like me and I saw an opportunity to let a teammate score the points, who was just in front of me....

Great show returns tonight on history.
Food that Built America. Been watching the previous season to catch up.

Didn't know Colonel Sanders got into a gunfight in a turf war and ...

M and Ms stand for..... Mars and Murray.

Why We Fight and Points of Band of Brothers.

Love those episodes.

If you know, you know.

Points is a great episode that show what life is like for an occupying force. A bunch of pissed off vets of a war living among the people that were just defeated and trying to pick up their pieces; a potentially volatile situation to be sure. Love this little series between Nixon and the widow of a German officer, she is all tough and gives him the stank eye while he is rummaging through the house. Not so tough when the bill comes due a couple days later>

Points is a great episode that show what life is like for an occupying force. A bunch of pissed off vets of a war living among the people that were just defeated and trying to pick up their pieces; a potentially volatile situation to be sure. Love this little series between Nixon and the widow of a German officer, she is all tough and gives him the stank eye while he is rummaging through the house. Not so tough when the bill comes due a couple days later>

I like how they were getting to the point of being aggravated and questioning why they are there, and then they run across that and then they know....'why they fight'

Late to the game perhaps but is Peaky Blinders worth a look?

Yep

Second season of the recommended Person's of Interest Bear, lol. I wonder when they started were they planning on going for a comedy? I guess they call these dramadies I like the parallel story telling, using the POI of the day to really be telling something about the main characters. If Bear doesn't get an episode delving into his past, opportunity lost. Thought the butt sniffing probably wouldn't pass censors.

Reese's and Baby Ruth on the first new episode, and the second focusing on pizza.

Very interesting
So sad us po' folks can only watch them pampered rich folks eating that gourmet food while we have to make do with your ma's roadkill stew:(
Hoping to get that next stimulus check so I can get some wonder bread to go with it:p

Yep

Second season of the recommended Person's of Interest Bear, lol. I wonder when they started were they planning on going for a comedy? I guess they call these dramadies I like the parallel story telling, using the POI of the day to really be telling something about the main characters. If Bear doesn't get an episode delving into his past, opportunity lost. Thought the butt sniffing probably wouldn't pass censors.

Ahh meeting Bear, yes another classic scene, me and the Misses still laugh about that. As for parallel story telling that's why "Many Happy Returns" (Season 1 ep 21)was one of my favorite episodes, watched that one twice and realized I had missed a couple of things. It starred Dagma Dominczyk who also played alongside Caviezel in the Count of Monte Cristo.

Ahh meeting Bear, yes another classic scene, me and the Misses still laugh about that. As for parallel story telling that's why "Many Happy Returns" (Season 1 ep 21)was one of my favorite episodes, watched that one twice and realized I had missed a couple of things. It starred Dagma Dominczyk who also played alongside Caviezel in the Count of Monte Cristo.
Exactly the one I was most thinking of. I was sure they'd written themselves in the corner and barely realized they had used the POI story to tell how he had solved the earlier personal problem, without going "there." Got into the credits before I realized what they had really implied.

Another example of what I thought great writing: Fusco and the model. If they'd drug that out as a main story it wouldn't have worked (particularly because the model obviously couldnt act). But the three minutes it got was perfect.

Season 2 he just got out of prison. Favorite so far has been the husband and wife trying to kill each other. The longer CIA arc though, not caring for. Don't like the actors or the writing really.

Last edited:
Exactly the one I was most thinking of. I was sure they'd written themselves in the corner and barely realized they had used the POI story to tell how he had solved the earlier personal problem, without going "there." Got into the credits before I realized what they had really implied.

Another example of what I thought great writing: Fusco and the model. If they'd drug that out as a main story it wouldn't have worked (particularly because the model obviously couldnt act). But the three minutes it got was perfect.

Season 2 he just got out of prison. Favorite so far has been the husband and wife trying to kill each other. The longer CIA arc though, not caring for. Don't like the actors or the writing really.
Yes exactly on the POI story telling you how he handled the earlier problem! I think one of my favorite parts of the writing from the first season was the act of breaking in to a very secure facility to steal a seemingly worthless item to return it to it 's rightful owner in such a shall we say poetic fashion.

If I remember correctly you won't have to deal with the CIA arc much longer, but it will give you info on a new arc sort of.

Hahaha "Til Death" The benefits of being in my income bracket, my spouse could never afford to attempt something like that.

Yes exactly on the POI story telling you how he handled the earlier problem! I think one of my favorite parts of the writing from the first season was the act of breaking in to a very secure facility to steal a seemingly worthless item to return it to it 's rightful owner in such a shall we say poetic fashion.

If I remember correctly you won't have to deal with the CIA arc much longer, but it will give you info on a new arc sort of.

Hahaha "Til Death" The benefits of being in my income bracket, my spouse could never afford to attempt something like that.

I can see why you rewatch these. There will be many things that I see as part of the big picture, just seemed like nothing important on first watch. I'll probably finish season 2, then restart before going to season 3.

All the characters are well over-the-top but they're good at making it believable with story support. Reason the CIA story isn't working for me, they never really gave reason those people are like they are. ANYONE can believe a system is evil but people? Stanton in particular needs some explanation and some charisma. Unless she's STILL not dead, that storyline and actor had no purpose to me and no hope for one.

I watched a couple episodes of a Canadian sitcom called Letterkenny, about some small town in Canada. Coen Brothers meet the McKenzie Brothers. It's hilarious but sometimes tough to understand with the fast pace of the dialogue. It is on Hulu.

Peaky Blinders: Just watched the first episode and already love this show.

Dark Summer: Just finished this Netflix miniseries. It was outstanding and offered a unique take on a zombie apocalypse. Very low budget but the style is tense and claustrophobic. I loved their narrative approach and how different character story arcs came together. If you liked the first two seasons of the Walking Dead you'll love this.

One warning is that while this has eight episodes I suspect it was originally a six episode series and NetFlix made it into eight which means there are a couple of very short episodes. This is an easy two night binge watch.

I suspect that after watching it you'll want more - which we'll be getting with a new season next year.

This is one of the costars of Euphoria. Really thinking about watching that show.

1613873653556.gif

Peaky Blinders: Just watched the first episode and already love this show.

Dark Summer: Just finished this Netflix miniseries. It was outstanding and offered a unique take on a zombie apocalypse. Very low budget but the style is tense and claustrophobic. I loved their narrative approach and how different character story arcs came together. If you liked the first two seasons of the Walking Dead you'll love this.

One warning is that while this has eight episodes I suspect it was originally a six episode series and NetFlix made it into eight which means there are a couple of very short episodes. This is an easy two night binge watch.

I suspect that after watching it you'll want more - which we'll be getting with a new season next year.
I binged Dark Summer a couple years ago when it first came out. For low budget I thought it was pretty good. Love those zombie apocalypse shows. Lol