What are you watching?

Anybody watching the new season of The Crown? So far, just okay. As I've said before, I enjoy the historical part of it much more than the gossip side of it. The royal family can't be happy with the season.

Anybody watching the new season of The Crown? So far, just okay. As I've said before, I enjoy the historical part of it much more than the gossip side of it. The royal family can't be happy with the season.

Watched the first one. Low point of the series. Nothing about quality or content. The characters weren't very interesting. I would have looked forward to the Mountbatten story line but Dance makes me cringe. Same guy every role and can't stand the guy's voice.

Truth Seekers on Prime. UK Paranormal comedy from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Paul, The World’s End).

Enjoyed it quite a bit. The second watch through was just as good as the first.

I gave the 1st episode a try, it was OK and will give the balance a chance.

While I was on Prime video a Documentary on National Lampoon came up as a suggestion and I started to watch it. I forgot how funny that thing was and how many great folks were involved with the creative side. Some of the most important comedy of the late '70s early '80s, (SNL, Animal House, Caddy Shack, Vacation) would not have been possible without it.

Watched the first one. Low point of the series. Nothing about quality or content. The characters weren't very interesting. I would have looked forward to the Mountbatten story line but Dance makes me cringe. Same guy every role and can't stand the guy's voice.

I would have liked them to dive a little more into the IRA scare. Instead I got more of that puke Charles. If there a bigger d-bag in the royal line?

I'm having a problem buying Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher. It's probably because I got so used to her as the mom and sex therapist on Sex Education, a role that couldn't be farther from Thatcher.

I would have liked them to dive a little more into the IRA scare. Instead I got more of that puke Charles. If there a bigger d-bag in the royal line?

I'm having a problem buying Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher. It's probably because I got so used to her as the mom and sex therapist on Sex Education, a role that couldn't be farther from Thatcher.

I've heard of her of course but the only thing I recall seeing her in was War and Peace. Anne is more interesting than Charles but her life seems to be pretty much what she wanted. Charles is the tragic figure. Forced into a marriage really. I kind of admire him for sticking to love of his life. His respect for Wales was admirable. He established the Prince's Trust when he had no political or image need to do so.

Last edited:
I've heard of her of course but the only thing I recall seeing her in was War and Peace. Anne is more interesting than Charles but her life seems to be pretty much what she wanted. Charles is the tragic figure. Forced into a marriage really. I kind of admire him for sticking to love of his life. His respect for Wales was admirable. He established the Prince's Trust when he had no political or image need to do so.

I just watched another episode. Had to be the 4th or 5th episode for this season. Entirely about the guy that broke into Buckingham Palace and got into the Queen's bedroom. It showed the humanity of Elizabeth and the hard times of the early Thatcher years but was a waste of an hour.

John Q

This is the movie Denzel should have gotten the oscar for, not playing a dirty cop. Man this movie gets me every time.

Quantum Leap. Comet just finished the series and started back up at the beginning. Really tired of Joe Namath and Rhoda the insurance lady.

Finished season 4 of The Crown last night. It never picked up. Charles loves Camilla hates Diana, blah blah blah. Gillian Anderson isn't convincing as Margaret Thatcher. Too far in to give up on it, regretful that I didn't.

Star Trek Discovery:
The main over emotes. The every five minute pep talks get annoying. There are way too many characters so as to be inclusive. They jumped the shark to the future. Yet I like it. I like the characters. I like the story. I like the pace. I like the hidden humor. I particularly like the smart dialogue that doesn't leave loose threads.

Last edited:
3 miles up. 3 miles down.

Curahee!

Band of brothers marathon today.

AATW!

Then Mandalorian later Tonite.