What are you watching?

Justified

Great series and opened my eyes to a part of the world I didn't even know existed. I always pictured Kentucky as the pastoral hills of horse country and had no clue that a place like Harlan County was part of the Commonwealth and not West Va. Layered on top of that is an organized crime story that you usually only see in major urban centers with the characters unique to this place and you have the makings of a great series. Acting is also A+, especially Walton Goggin's & Margo Martindale's work.

This scene could have just as easily have been in Goodfellas

Just started watching Barbarians on Netflix. Only one episode in and I've got to say that it's outstanding.

It's a European mini-series that depicts the events leading up to the battle of the Teutoburg Forest between a coalition of German tribes and three Roman Legions during the reign of Augustus.

First, history buffs will love it because it's a serious recreation of the life & times leading up to this momentous battle. Everyone else will love it because it's damn entertaining with first rate production values.

One of the cool things they did for an American audience is dub the German characters in English (solid effort here so that you don't really see the dubbing) while having the Roman characters speak Italian with English subtitles. This works great.

As an aside the Battle of the Teutoburg forest is almost always included by historians in any list of the top 5 most important battles in human history. Had the Romans won their Empire may never have ended.

As an aside the Battle of the Teutoburg forest is almost always included by historians in any list of the top 5 most important battles in human history. Had the Romans won their Empire may never have ended.
...and we would all be speaking Roman. ;)

Wayne on Amazon Prime. Had 1 season air a few yrs ago as a YouTube original. Hopefully, if Amazon gets enough viewers re-airing the 1st season, they’ll make another season.

Great series and opened my eyes to a part of the world I didn't even know existed. I always pictured Kentucky as the pastoral hills of horse country and had no clue that a place like Harlan County was part of the Commonwealth and not West Va. Layered on top of that is an organized crime story that you usually only see in major urban centers with the characters unique to this place and you have the makings of a great series. Acting is also A+, especially Walton Goggin's & Margo Martindale's work.

Mama's say what they want but after the third whack, you know they're enjoying it.

Watching Adam-12. Mickey Dolenz and Edd Byrnes are hilariously bad as members of a biker gang determined to hassle the old ladies at the monthly neighborhood watch meeting. Bing's son must have had that week off.

MV5BYmU2MDFlNTMtMDI0NC00ODEzLTk5YzktODI2MTcxNGNkMDNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIyMzMxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Last two episodes of Season 3 Combat!
At first I thought it was just bad recordings but now I'm convinced they speed up the tape when their episode was running long. People be talking normal then go all Charlie Champlan walking across a plaza.

Me and the Misses just started the second season really enjoying it. Reading your post reminds me of one of my favorite Patrick Swayze movies "Next of Kin" low key movie with quite a bit of star power (couple of stars before they were stars like Liam Neeson)

Yesss!

"Them!" (1954) is on MeTV right now. I love it. Was hoping it would be on in late October with the other fright movies, but I'll settle for early Nov.

Me and the Misses just started the second season really enjoying it. Reading your post reminds me of one of my favorite Patrick Swayze movies "Next of Kin" low key movie with quite a bit of star power (couple of stars before they were stars like Liam Neeson)
Just saw the Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) in a guest role!!

Finished up The Queen's Gambit last night. It'll get plenty of nominations and wins come awards season.
I did as well. Thought it was very good. Might be more of a chick show but I’m not afraid to admit it.? I have a newfound appreciation of chess.

I did as well. Thought it was very good. Might be more of a chick show but I’m not afraid to admit it.? I have a newfound appreciation of chess.

Yep, I reinstalled a chess game on my tablet. I set it to beginner to have a chance but it makes me feel smart!

Wind has knocked out cable and internet, so all I have access to is what's on the hard drive of my DVR (no Hulu, or Netflix). So it will be Chicago PD for now.

Wind has knocked out cable and internet, so all I have access to is what's on the hard drive of my DVR (no Hulu, or Netflix). So it will be Chicago PD for now.
We lost the whole shebang yesterday for about 8 1/2 hours...no power. Some people were still without power in the Dayton area this morning. One Dayton-area person was killed in yesterday's windstorm.

It's amazing how much we rely on electrical power. There wasn't much to do during a power outage like yesterday. You can't go outside either, unless you want to fight 60 mph wind gusts and rain.

We lost power for 4 hours right during the 1:00 NFL games. I tried using cellular data to stream a game and it was like being in a packed stadium with nothing loading and always buffering as everyone else was trying to do the same thing.

Truth Seekers on Prime. UK Paranormal comedy from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Paul, The World’s End).

Enjoyed it quite a bit. The second watch through was just as good as the first.

We lost the whole shebang yesterday for about 8 1/2 hours...no power. Some people were still without power in the Dayton area this morning. One Dayton-area person was killed in yesterday's windstorm.

It's amazing how much we rely on electrical power. There wasn't much to do during a power outage like yesterday. You can't go outside either, unless you want to fight 60 mph wind gusts and rain.
Our cable and internet has been out since Sunday shortly after 1 pm, hard to complain though when you know there are neighbors not far away without power. Just hoping the hot spot holds up enough to keep letting me work from home.