What are you watching?

Watching "Ray Bradbury Theater" on Comet TV. One particularly good one features the great Richard Kiley as a retired virtuoso concert pianist. ,,,

Afterward, Kiley walks to his own childhood home, and briefly encounters his younger self looking from the bedroom, who then comes outside tentatively. The confrontation with the bully is very satisfying, and the end of that final scene is bittersweet, ironic, and extremely maudlin. I loved it.

:>---

SALT

The Nicholas Cage flick? I noticed that's been on a lot lately. Was pretty fascinated with it first time I caught it on cable a few years ago
No, this is a new Fox tv show Silicon Valley pioneer Paul LeBlanc discovers that one of his own creations -- a powerful A.I. called neXt -- might spell doom for humankind

TCM ~ Mike Todd's epic production of Around the World in 80 Days
filled with lots of Hollywood star cameos and...
has an unique title/credit sequence by Saul Bass at the end instead
of the beginning.

:>---

EGA

I liked Peaky Blinders. Didn't think I would. I'll watch it again, usually takes a good three years before I forget I watched something already.

Halfway through the 3rd Season of Combat! Another kid story. NO!!!, not a kid story. Must have been the show an actor went to get exposure. A lot of guest spots by popular entertainers. Frankie Avalon could act. Tommy Sands, not so much.

"The Haunting of Bly Manor"

Good show. Trying to finish it before Halloween. Still have two episodes left.

I just got PBS+ on Amazon and have been watching the German series Line of Separation.

It's in German with subtitles and follows a small village from the closing days of WW2 to the 1960's. The village lies on the East/West German border and was split right down the middle. They called it little Berlin.

This is a great series and anyone with an interest in history should check it out. Compelling characters.

Just finished watching Jesus Christ, Superstar for goodness knows what number of times.
Which version? The original 1973? We had the soundtrack album and knew about all the lyrics. A friend asked me my favorite song and apparently I gave him the wrong answer. He couldn't believe how bad my opinion and taste was. For the record, it was one of Yvonne Elliman's (Mary Magdalene) songs, either "I Don't Know How to Love Him" or "Everything's Alright". I believe it was the latter. Wrong choice, I guess. He never told me the right answer either. ;)

Last edited:
This is Us (also known as This is Us Crying)
Season premier, man this show still can tug at you.

Looking forward to Season 4 of "The Crown."

Me too, but I am a little concerned it's going to focus on the "hot rumor" side of the royals as it did on occasion the last couple of seasons. I much prefer when the show focuses on historical events like the deadly fog in London or the Aberfan Disaster rather than on rumors of things like Prince Philip being caught up in scandalous events. I'm afraid the Charles-Diana thing is going to take us down paparazzi lane this season and I'd rather hear about the IRA murdering Mountbatten or The Falklands War.

I am in the middle of the mini-series The Queen's Gambit right now. I was looking for something to watch while waiting for The Crown. It is very good. It's about a teen female chess prodigy in the 60's.

Been debating on Queen's Gambit. Probably save it for Summer.

Rumors: I see your point but if they were news of the day and not hindsight, I think they're fair game. The Aberfan Disaster was a great episode. I don't honestly remember the fog one though.

Been debating on Queen's Gambit. Probably save it for Summer.

Rumors: I see your point but if they were news of the day and not hindsight, I think they're fair game. The Aberfan Disaster was a great episode. I don't honestly remember the fog one though.

"The Great Smog" episode had quite a bit of Winston Churchill if I recall. I agree with your position on the rumors, but I remember looking into some of the stuff they raised like Philip's involvement in the Profumo Affair and the consensus was that they took some serious liberties with the known facts. Looking forward to the season.

Switching between several different channels and watching history being made and our country going into the dumpster.