What are you watching?

Continuing Combat! Season 1 has 32, 45 min episodes. No way they do this weekly. Have to do several at once. Hey look, downpour and mud. Someone get the Germans with raincoats, we can shoot ep 3 scene 1, ep 9, scene 12, ep...

One thing I for sure won’t be watching is this POS. The sensationalism of Corona is disgusting. People in this age range shouldn’t be locked down and we have a show that wants to normalize this?

Bogey and Bacall

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow ..."

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
Gale Sayers passed away today, I will have to go back and watch Brian's Song. One of the top "guy-cry" films ever made.

Gale Sayers passed away today, I will have to go back and watch Brian's Song. One of the top "guy-cry" films ever made.
I remember becoming a Gale Sayers fan after watching "Brian's Song" in 8th or 9th grade. I thought it was about the best movie ever...until I saw "Billy Jack"!

RIP Gale Sayers

I had to look her up after I watched that ep....me likey.
It was funny seeing the trans “activists” on twitter making vague threats like “if I saw her in person...she wouldn’t like what happens”, not realizing she used to be an MMA fighter. If any of them really tried to start something, she could f them up.

I have no doubt her career will suffer from not bending the knee, which is a shame. She’s not a great actress by any stretch, but she’s far more believable as a “tough chick” than Charlize Theron or Scarlett Johansson

The Boys had a solid episode this week. Getting some back story aspects of the show worked out as the get ready to build up to the season finale.

By the way Amazon is hitting it out of the park with this one, Rotten Tomatoes has this season at 91% fresh. It is also their highest streamed original program by far and they not only picked up the 3rd season but will also will be doing a spin off, a Supers go to college concept. Rumor is this is being done to include a lot of drinking, drug use, and T & A for no other reason than to include more of this stuff. Kind of what GOT use to be like.

Watched The Comey Rule. It will bring a smile to the left, have the right pulling their hair out and the undecided scratching their heads. meh

Just watching out the window. Geese warming up for their flight south, soy bean field being cut and over it all that slate grey sky telling me winter is coming.

Just watching out the window. Geese warming up for their flight south, soy bean field being cut and over it all that slate grey sky telling me winter is coming.
Saw the sky full of what I call snow clouds the other day. Cold front after cold front coming down from Canada. It's coming...

I've noticed more geese and ducks at the lake, lately. Some will continue on to Florida while more the hearty ones ( I guess) will stay here thru the winter.

Finished S1 of City on a Hill on Showtime. It’s an amalgamation of all Boston crime movies, so it’s nothing really unique. However, it’s still well done and Kevin Bacon is great as a sleazy FBI agent. It’s worth the watch if you like Mystic River, The Departed, Gone Baby Gone, The Town,etc.

Rewatching one of my favorite shows of the last few yrs- Quarry. This only lasted 1 season on Cinemax, but it should’ve been huge. A lot of similarities bw this and Ozark. The only difference is Ozark might have a storyline that’s a slow burn, Quarry doesn’t waste any time at all

Last edited:
Last night I watched Sofia Kenin defeat Petra Kvitova in the French Open Women's semi-final match.

I love watching Sofia Kenin's legs and short outfit style of play.

About to begin the 3rd season of Combat! Over a month and only through two seasons. Hardly a snore in the bunch AND I think my French and German are getting better. :D or maybe they dumbed it down as they went on.

Watching "Ray Bradbury Theater" on Comet TV. One particularly good one features the great Richard Kiley as a retired virtuoso concert pianist. Outwardly he appears well-adjusted, but secretly he has obsessed for many years about his childhood, where the other neighborhood boys taunted him because of his music lessons, and either beat him up, harassed him, or ran away when he called them from his bedroom window wanting to come out to play, just to be a part of the gang. Since then he has built a small shrine with objects and toys that commemorate those times, and packs both them, and a handgun, into small bag, and then drives to the old neighborhood to finally confront the head bully, who still lives in the house the bully grew up in .....

Afterward, Kiley walks to his own childhood home, and briefly encounters his younger self looking from the bedroom, who then comes outside tentatively. The confrontation with the bully is very satisfying, and the end of that final scene is bittersweet, ironic, and extremely maudlin. I loved it.