What are you watching?

Gave Beyonce's Black is King a try.

I went in with a very open mind as the reviews are all positive but I turned it off after about 20 minutes of viewing thoroughly bored. This thing was basically just a bunch of "artsy" vignettes with folks posing for stretches of times with recycled Beyonce tunes playing in the background.

Gave Beyonce's Black is King a try.

I went in with a very open mind as the reviews are all positive but I turned it off after about 20 minutes of viewing thoroughly bored. This thing was basically just a bunch of "artsy" vignettes with folks posing for stretches of times with recycled Beyonce tunes playing in the background.
Of course the reviews are all +. Haven’t you learned, all that matters to reviewers is wokeness, quality is secondary

Quality is subjective. He was bored by it. Doesn't mean it was badly made for its target audience. I'll give my report on it after I've watched it. Check back this thread in about ten years.

The only thing really on TV for the foreseeable future is the NHL qualifying and playoffs. Anything else is garbage.

Space: Above and Beyond
Youtube link

Only one season but I really enjoyed it. Already mentioned several strong points in earlier posts. It also makes good use of war history and our-time culture. GREAT music thoughout. A little weak on predictive tech, keyboards and such but it doesn't get in the way of what are still, very original stories. Definitely recommend.

Now having read reviews I understand that these creators also did a lot on X-Files so not unexpected it was good. The reviews all say pretty much the same: ahead of it's time and Fox kept screwing with its time-slot. I really would like to see what they intended for their complete story, even a book but a reboot would be great.
I thought this was a great show back then. Unfortunately, it cost alot of money to make each episode and it was competing with Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5. Fox seemed to have alot of good shows back then that didn't net them the wide audience that was necessary to keep the show going.

I thought this was a great show back then. Unfortunately, it cost alot of money to make each episode and it was competing with Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5. Fox seemed to have alot of good shows back then that didn't net them the wide audience that was necessary to keep the show going.

I wonder if that's why I didn't know about Space? I watched DSN and B5 religiously. Have rewatched both at least twice. Well that and now that I think of the time-frame, 95-96 I had just returned to the states and started college again. Had about 5 w-2's from part-time jobs.

Catching up on the new season of Last Chance U. It’s good to finally see a coach that’s not a POS be in the spotlight. Only 1 episode in, but it’s much more enjoyable to watch when the players and coaches aren’t crappy people.

It has been a baseball day
Indians @ White Sox
Reds @ Brewers
Arizona @ San Diego (7th time this season I have watched this match up)
Giants @ Dodgers

FoulPlay ~ on TCM - on now - Sun 8/8 8 PM

This film was one of the funniest gut wrenching movies I ever saw.

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
If somebody'd asked me, I'd have said Gilligan's Island or All in the Family but yeah, got to give it to Cheers.

The '70s had some great TV Theme songs, they were so strong some even made it to the top of the pop charts. Happy Days, Laverene & Shirley, Welcome Back Kotter just to name a few. I always liked the instrumentals too, MASH had a haunting melody, the funky intro to Sanford & Son set the mood, and the jazz fusion sounds of the NYC based shows like Taxi & Barney Miller.

Catching up on the new season of Last Chance U. It’s good to finally see a coach that’s not a POS be in the spotlight. Only 1 episode in, but it’s much more enjoyable to watch when the players and coaches aren’t crappy people.

Amen, though he's getting a little more of an edge as the losses pile up. I am about 4 episodes in. You have to really want to play football to do what some of those kids are doing.

Amen, though he's getting a little more of an edge as the losses pile up. I am about 4 episodes in. You have to really want to play football to do what some of those kids are doing.

You have to have an edge to coach these players, but this guy doesn’t come off as a POS like the previous 2 coaches. The last guy was just an abusive a hole, who thought he was awesome bc he was the only game in town.

You have to have an edge to coach these players, but this guy doesn’t come off as a POS like the previous 2 coaches. The last guy was just an abusive a hole, who thought he was awesome bc he was the only game in town.

Agreed. He hasn't done anything over the top. Him mentioning how long he's been doing it has grown a little old.

Here's hoping that arrogant POS Jason Brown from seasons 3 and 4 have forever been banished from coaching. That school should be shut down for ever having hired him.

that one could use a skip function by me. I can't wait for it to end.
Insanity. Anyway, for those who forget, The Wire had the same intro every season covered by difft artists. All except S2 are good, but I really think S4 is head & shoulders better than all others. It captures the mood of the season the best.