What are you watching?

Watched 13th on Netflix last night and found it very moving and eye opening.
Not quite ready for that yet, folks already say I'm angry on this board, so I'll have to schedule that 12 Years a Slave and When They See Us for when I have some time off and can recuperate emotionally.

James Baldwin

“To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time. ”

Not trying to be that Conscious at least not right now :)

Not quite ready for that yet, folks already say I'm angry on this board, so I'll have to schedule that 12 Years a Slave and When They See Us for when I have some time off and can recuperate emotionally.

James Baldwin

“To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time. ”

Not trying to be that Conscious at least not right now :)
Watched 13th as well and while there was some great points and thought provoking moments, it ended up being a propaganda film. Too bad as it had potential. I was shocked they went in depth on the 1994 come bill considering Biden is running for President.

Watched 13th as well and while there was some great points and thought provoking moments, it ended up being a propaganda film. Too bad as it had potential. I was shocked they went in depth on the 1994 come bill considering Biden is running for President.
I think that was finished production before he even entered the race. I'll watch it one day (when I'm going to away from civilization for a while) and we can discuss it on the Debate forum.

Saved by the Bell marathon on Sundance today.
Typically watch Monk on Tuesdays but they must have chagned it up.

As the TV is down due to weather related activity we're watching the rain advance across the corn field and here it is. Probably won't last long.

And 15 minutes later it's over and done.

Last edited:
Almost 1 AM ~ Near the end of My Fair Lady

"Where the devil are my slippers?" <=== last line in the film!
:>---

SALT

ACC network. Half hour shows on ACC traditions. Now it is FSU. Fascinating. Osceola and Renegade. Tribal women assure the clothing and regalia are authentic and tribal elders do the same for Renegade. The relationship between the Seminole tribe and the university was examined. Awesome!!

Mad Men is now running on Amazon Prime w/ commercials, while still a strong show it has dropped out of the top 10 for me upon a 2nd viewing. I really like the acting, period recreation, and for the most part the writing is strong; I just think they maybe spent to much time on tangent plot lines and bizarre characters. Roger Sterling though is one of the best supporting TV characters in past 20 years or so.