What are you watching?

June 11, 1955: 83 spectators are killed and at least 100 are injured after an Austin-Healey
and a Mercedes-Benz collide at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in
motorsports.

....both on DVD...

Today I'm watching Ford v Ferrari

Then later...
Grand Prix (1966)

Saul Bass - his iconic title sequence...

James Garner... driving a BRM P261...

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
What am I watching? The mountains, or the vegetation on them ,behind my house burning like crazy. They've sent in the water-bucket helicopters and the the planes that drop flame retardant on the fires, but they continually spread. The smell of smoke is everywhere, and the scene at night is spectacular wwith all the ridges blazing.

Just received a notice on what to take if an evacuation is declared. Just watched four planes drop retardant and a few copters dropping water buckets.

Finished the second season of Dead To Me on Netflix and watched Bokeh. A post apocalyptic surreal movie about an American couple travels to Iceland and while there everyone else on earth disappears.

Well, the air forces bombed the heck out of the fires to the point to the evacauation orders were rescinded and I spent the night in my nneighbor's pool getting bombed on Jeffereson's Reserve bourbon while watching the remaining fires on the mountains burn themselves off. A good time was had by all.

Finished the second season of Dead To Me on Netflix and watched Bokeh. A post apocalyptic surreal movie about an American couple travels to Iceland and while there everyone else on earth disappears.
Those two better get busy - assuming the planet is still a good one!

Last Man on Earth - Nothing else on and big fan of Will Forte so I gave it a shot. Through two seasons and I think it is really funny. Am told I will eventually be disappointed.

Hoffenheim and Leipzig. Bundesliga soccer. Three matches to go in the season and Leipzig is moving closer to a spot in the UEFA champions league at the conclusion of the Bundesliga season.

Watching the Comet channel during my lunch break. Looks like an old movie starring one of our favorite TV and movies stars - and it's not Raymond Burr (although he's in it).

Oh no - there goes Tokyo!

Last Man on Earth - Nothing else on and big fan of Will Forte so I gave it a shot. Through two seasons and I think it is really funny. Am told I will eventually be disappointed.
There is a Macgruber tv series in the works, but it’s going to be on NBC streaming service. If it’s censored, it won’t work.

Watching the Comet channel during my lunch break. Looks like an old movie starring one of our favorite TV and movies stars - and it's not Raymond Burr (although he's in it).

Oh no - there goes Tokyo!
Mystery Science Theatre 3000?

Mystery Science Theatre 3000?
No - Comet just had an afternoon movie fest of classic Japanese monster flicks, including the original Godzilla.

After that I turned to another channel to watch a cheesy B sci-fi number called "The Angry Red Planet (1959) about the first manned trip to Mars and the horrors they described on their return. It was a great afternoon.

Last edited:
No - Comet just had an afternoon movie fest of classic Japanese monster flicks, including the original Godzilla.

After that I turned to another channel to watch a cheesy B sci-fi number called "The Angry Red Planet (1959) about the first manned trip to Mars and the horrors they described on their return. It was a great afternoon.
I lived on Antenna TV (never migrating to the other similar channels) the ten years I went cable-free. Now, having pretty much exhausted cable programming, I'm close to adding Antenna TV, Comet, etc. back to my rotation. That is, until live sports programming kicks in.

Or, maybe I should just tackle some of those honey-do projects! :) Sh-hhh...

Last few days have been a weird mix.

Toy Story 4 - not as good as the earlier 3. Maybe I'm just old.
Coco - wasn't expecting much out of it, but man... It might be my favorite Pixar movie ever.
V for Vendetta - classic movie and my first watch through in a year or two. Still holds up better now than when first produced.
Sonic - finally watched it. Definitely aimed for a younger audience but anyone who grew up in my time playing the original sonic on Genesis, etc will enjoy a bit of nostalgia just for that fact. Aside from a few continuity issues it's good. And Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik was a perfect villain.

How It Ends - another end of the world movie on Netflix. Father and son in law travel from Chicago to Seattle to rescue his daughter after all power and communications go out after an apparent massive pacific earthquake but things don't add up. Entertaining. But not too serious of a movie.