What are you watching?

Oh. Was hoping it was some russian bootleg thing. I don't have cable and I can't feed a bunch of money into streaming, beyond my low speed internet bill. I'm stuck with finding random games on utube.

Re watching the Wire. Jemele Hill and Van Lathan are doing a deep dive podcast on the Ringer and they sucked me in to re-watching episodes for their callouts.

I know I posted about season 1 of "After Life" (netflix) last year. Only 6 episodes in S1, 20-25 minutes each. Truly touching and hilarious at the same time, and it rightfully won some awards for Ricky Gervais (creator, writer and star). Season 2 just came out, and we started it last night. Still terrific.

Do yourself a favor if you haven't seen it. One of our favorites the last couple of years, along with Schitt's Creek.

Good call. I was a little uncertain after the first couple of episodes but I have really come to like it. My only regret is that it is only two seasons of 6 episodes each.

Waco

three eps in, yeah my blood is boiling a bit. Did when it first happened. Probably the only Shannon effort I liked, his work generally not to my tastes. Solid cast through out.

Re watching the Wire. Jemele Hill and Van Lathan are doing a deep dive podcast on the Ringer and they sucked me in to re-watching episodes for their callouts.
I love the Wire, but why would you take anything Jemele Hill says seriously? Let me guess, all of the bad things happening are the fault of the police and white people.

I love the Wire, but why would you take anything Jemele Hill says seriously? Let me guess, all of the bad things happening are the fault of the police and white people.

I do want to strangler her at times but for the most part outside of her hate for season 2 she has been OK... so far. I did find out that she came from a tough background, both her parents were drug addicts and she can relate to the action in season 1 in the projects.

I do want to strangler her at times but for the most part outside of her hate for season 2 she has been OK... so far. I did find out that she came from a tough background, both her parents were drug addicts and she can relate to the action in season 1 in the projects.
That still doesn’t excuse her prejudiced views. Even outside of her gargling Kaepernick’s balls, she’s still tweeted/written horribly stupid things. I think she’s a borderline AfroCentric Nationalist.

I've been watching "The Last Dance" about the Bulls last championship season. Gotta say, I find it average and unworthy of all the hype.

"Upload" on prime. Just finished four seasons of "Line of Duty" on prime. British detective series involving a special unit devoted to finding out if cops were involved in any crimes.

The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
(AKA Bond the Thief)

At the charity ball: Pierce Brosnan dances with Esther Cañadas (spanish model),
and Rene Russo in her see thru dress.

No stunt double here... That's actually PB getting wet!

"Son of Man", by René Magritte...
225px-Magritte_TheSonOfMan.jpg

Ghost image... Dogs playing cards... (Poker Sympathy)
poker_sympathy.jpg

Catherine Banning: "Men make women messy."

:>---

SALT

Today is James Mason's Birthday ~ B: May 15,1909/ D: July 27, 1984 (age 75)

(TCM) Turner Classic Movies is airing some of his films
9:45 AM Lolita (1962)
12:30 PM Odd Man Out (1947)
2:30 PM 1954 A Star Is Born (1954) won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor
5:30 PM North by Northwest (1959) plays the head spy Phillip Vandamm

Some of his other films that I liked...
1951 [/B]The Desert Fox[/B] Field Marshal Erwin Rommel he also played
...Rommel in The Desert Rats (1953)

1952 The Prisoner of Zenda as henchman Rupert of Hentzau

1954 Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as Captain Nemo

1969 Age of Consent as the artist (we get to see a young Helen Mirren nude)

1982 The Verdict he Nominated—Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor

:>---

SALT

When Age of Consent was released, the Australian film board ordered 11 minutes of the film deleted because of Ms. Mirren's bodily appearances.