What are you watching?

The Mandalorian -Outstanding series that is way better then those awful JJ Abrams Star Wars movies. Has a similar style & tone of Firefly but in a much more interesting universe. Baby Yoda is a hoot and is clearly the breakout new character of the last decade.

The Rain - Weird, Danish series about a devastating man made virus that causes all sorts of problems. Interesting to watch a foreign take on this old story. Available on Netflix.

During most nights I watch NHL playoff hockey. No sport is as suspensful if the game goes into overtime. Another thing I watch is an Australin police show called "City Homocide." I have always had trouble falling asleep at night. That show puts me under in five minutes.

10:30 AM on TCM... (today 9/3
Corvette Summer
Mark Hamill's first film after 'Star Wars'.

The car ~ a 1973 Corvette T-top

:>---

SALT

Cobra Kai.

It's actually pretty good so far.
Just finished the first season. I really enjoyed it. What separates it from so many shows today is Johnny being politically incorrect. He says things that just don't seem to be on other shows anymore but would have been fine in the 80s. It also is a show that with a little editing could have been on network television back in the 80s. Language isn't too bad. Nothing gory. No nudity. Not exactly a "wholesome" show but something you could watch with the kids without cringing every couple of minutes.

Had been watching Memphis and Arkansas State until the broadcsters launched off on lecturing the audience about blm and how this generation has failed race relations 101. Switched to BTN and classic football games. Right now it is Penn State and Iowa from 2002.

Flew through the first 3 episodes of S2 of The Boys. Very enjoyable, just kinda pissed the whole season wasn’t released at once. It looks like they’ll be releasing one episode every Friday for the next 5 weeks.

"The Song Remains the Same" (1976) on TCM. About 45 minutes in and this is very difficult to watch. As a big Led Zeppelin fan, I remember watching it at the midnight movies and not even liking it back then in the seventies. I doubt if I'll make it through the 2 1/2 hours.

"The Song Remains the Same" (1976) on TCM. About 45 minutes in and this is very difficult to watch. As a big Led Zeppelin fan, I remember watching it at the midnight movies and not even liking it back then in the seventies. I doubt if I'll make it through the 2 1/2 hours.
Very pretentious film, was not a fan either.

TCM is also showing Monterey Pop and Woodstock today, both are great films. So many great performances.

Flew through the first 3 episodes of S2 of The Boys. Very enjoyable, just kinda pissed the whole season wasn’t released at once. It looks like they’ll be releasing one episode every Friday for the next 5 weeks.

I like this series too as a refreshing take on the super hero genre, not really sure who the good guys and the bad guys are. Maybe a little too heavy handed in the corporation is the boogey man aspect, if this was more nuanced it would be a really good show. Also, does anyone else think that Giancarlo Esposito is becoming a one note actor? I think his role in this show is Gus Fring part 2. This guy has some series acting chops but it seems like the direction in this show points him in only the Gus path, hopefully his expanded take on Moff Gideon in the Mandalorian will go down a different path.

Started Band of Brothers last night. It's been a while since I first saw it and thought it might be a good time to go back and watch it again.

Always a good time to start Band of Brothers. Tried to get through the Pacific version and just couldn't.

Finished Netflix' Away. An IMDB reviewer described it as 90210 in space. Probably about right. Space and Mars were just a setting for some occasionally good social and relationship commentary.

Always a good time to start Band of Brothers. Tried to get through the Pacific version and just couldn't.

Finished Netflix' Away. An IMDB reviewer described it as 90210 in space. Probably about right. Space and Mars were just a setting for some occasionally good social and relationship commentary.

I remember eagerly awaiting The Pacific thinking it was going to be the Pacific version of Band of Brothers and being hugely disappointed with it. It probably wasn't fair to it to have such high expectations, but it ended up being an overdone snoozer. I had the same sense of disappointment with the Unbroken movie.

I remember eagerly awaiting The Pacific thinking it was going to be the Pacific version of Band of Brothers and being hugely disappointed with it. It probably wasn't fair to it to have such high expectations, but it ended up being an overdone snoozer. I had the same sense of disappointment with the Unbroken movie.

The Pacific was a different series, more story lines than just following one Company through Europe. I didn't think it was boring, it felt like to me more along the lines of herding cats. A lot of time spent on some side tracked stories that were from the books source material instead of what was going on in the theater. Was all the stuff in Australia that time worthy? Lecki's courting a girl back in NYC? Of course the battle sequences were strong and showed how different the fighting was in the Pacific vs Europe; no happy Dutch & French citizens waiting to shower the Allies with love on those rocky islands, only brutal conditions and misery awaited these soldiers.

I did read a review somewhere where a WW 2 vet from the Pacific said this was the scene that he said was the most real to him and showed the difference at home between an European Army vet and a Pacific Marine vet>

Sports orgy, a little Lakers/Rockets, some Tribe baseball (left after it went 11-0), a dash of US Open tennis, and a splash of NFL Texans at Chiefs. Remote might need new batteries tomorrow.

I like this series too as a refreshing take on the super hero genre, not really sure who the good guys and the bad guys are. Maybe a little too heavy handed in the corporation is the boogey man aspect, if this was more nuanced it would be a really good show. Also, does anyone else think that Giancarlo Esposito is becoming a one note actor? I think his role in this show is Gus Fring part 2. This guy has some series acting chops but it seems like the direction in this show points him in only the Gus path, hopefully his expanded take on Moff Gideon in the Mandalorian will go down a different path.
Finished the new episode. Ironic how the most disturbing part of the episode had nothing to do with the intense gore or violence in this show.

The Pacific isn’t as good as BOB, but still good in it’s own right. I also liked Unbroken despite some important points in the book left out. Then again, I’m super biased bc I love WW2 and that whole generation.

The Pacific isn’t as good as BOB, but still good in it’s own right. I also liked Unbroken despite some important points in the book left out. Then again, I’m super biased bc I love WW2 and that whole generation.

Admittedly, part of my disappointment with The Pacific was my comparison of it to BoB. Similarly, my disappointment with the Unbroken movie was in part due to how much I liked the book.