What Are You Doing, #60

Got back yesterday from my fiancee's old family home in Maine. Built in 1889 it's been passed down to the family. No running water, no electricity, no cell signal. It's always nice to get away from the world for a few days.

We have a similar retreat. The primitive isolation and sense of self-reliance gained in such places has a very cleansing effect on the soul, doesn't it ?

Last edited:
I enjoy being cutoff from cellphone service. Annoying that it’s slowly creeping into even the far out places

If you get out into the lake at our place, away from the shoreline, you might get a call through. The simple signal of a basic text message gets through to our cottage now. No pics or gifs

Last edited:
We have a similar retreat. The primitive isolation and sense of self-reliance gained in such places has a very cleansing effect on the soul, doesn't it ?

It really does. It was a short trip this year, the honeymoon is eating a lot of our PTO, but it was enough to wet the whistle. Already counting down the days until we go back. But I definitely sat in the hot shower a few minutes longer this morning than I usually do.

It really does. It was a short trip this year, the honeymoon is eating a lot of our PTO, but it was enough to wet the whistle. Already counting down the days until we go back. But I definitely sat in the hot shower a few minutes longer this morning than I usually do.

We have a 5 gallon shower bag you lay in the sun to warm up, and we built a phone booth sized screened bug free shower stall to hang it in. Better than a lake bath, but far short of a real shower. You should get one. It's great, especially before a long ride home in a closed car.

Our well water is ridiculously "soft", like rainwater, and if you screw up and use too much soap or shampoo 5 gallons is not near enough to rinse it off. That's a gross feeling.

Last edited:
Did ronnie get banned?

I hope not. He'll be hard to re-identify, since he's typically just a little toadie echo to e_p or neop or somebody......... I'll have to look for someone humping Joe Rogan or posting heavily for drug legalization if Ted doesn't show up and help with my "clone program" identification.

Is ronnie dead ?

The last extant ronnie mund effort is from 8/20 -

Probably blacks. Have you seen the movie?

giphy.gif

Really a bit shocked runt isn't chiming in more on religion.
I have nothing against religion. I've gone through rebellious stages when younger but I see the value in religion as a way to give one meaning, purpose, and a sense of community. Is it for me? Maybe not, but I do envy the community aspect and wouldn't mind attending church again for that reason alone, if I were to find a church that fits me.

This doesn't mean I don't enjoy rattling some cages every now and then on the DB by throwing out some inflammatory statements.

Moved into our house this week. People that owned it prior to us rented it out for two years. House is fine but a ton of junk stored in this barn and garage. I hate renters

Not sure what you mean but there is a ton of aluminum and copper. Scrap yard is going to be a decent pay day. There is also a huge burn pile underneath power lines and a bunch of really good fence board next to it. Already have put up one 3 board fence and may do another paddock as well.

The real issue will be keeping this pig locked up. If Ted is still around I ended up keeping that pig and she is now around 170 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_190123176.jpg
    IMG_20191011_190123176.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 15
Not sure what you mean but there is a ton of aluminum and copper. Scrap yard is going to be a decent pay day. There is also a huge burn pile underneath power lines and a bunch of really good fence board next to it. Already have put up one 3 board fence and may do another paddock as well.

The real issue will be keeping this pig locked up. If Ted is still around I ended up keeping that pig and she is now around 170 lbs.

I meant antiques