What are these school districts thinking?

Studies say:
1) social distance up to 6 ft is best
2) wear mask always
3) wash hands as often as possible
4) outside situations are far better than inside

*None of those are being followed at this Georgia HS
Reading comments from some of the parents who attend said high school....deep red county supposedly

Most Districts are thinking they are screwed no matter what. In person learning, people are pissed, all online learning people are pissed. These Districts are going to upset a lot of people no matter what they decide. That’s a real ?? spot to be put into.

1. you are so WRONG about kids not being at risk.
2. And all the teachers I work with, miss our kids, and love our kids. That's why we do what we do. So your comment about "it's more fun sitting on our a** at home doing nothing is a joke and pathetic. And I can guarantee we weren't sitting at home doing nothing. That was not fun planning for virtual and not being face to face with the kids. And it was not doing nothing. You are obviously not a happy person or a jealous one. You need to find happiness and peace in your life somehow. Maybe counseling. Maybe God. People that are hurting, hurt others. I wish you luck in finding something that makes you happy in life versus bashing others that bust our a** for other people's children. Have a great day.
Hey. US education in the world is mediocre and Ohio is towards the bottom in a mediocre country. So you guys keep getting paid for doing an average job. Then you want to stay home on top of that. I am jealous. How do I get a job with a guaranteed paycheck for doing average work.

Hey. US education in the world is mediocre and Ohio is towards the bottom in a mediocre country. So you guys keep getting paid for doing an average job. Then you want to stay home on top of that. I am jealous. How do I get a job with a guaranteed paycheck for doing average work.
1. if you can, get yourself something called a degree. Maybe even 2 degrees.
2. Average work? You do realize that we were told in March on a Friday at about 2:45 that we may or may not be back to school on Monday. Get something ready for virtual just in case. Go!
3. We (school districts) are so much more prepared for online learning now than we were in March. Through Professional Development classes we have been doing all summer long. A lot of collaborative efforts amongst educators working together helping each other get much better as well.

So if you think we do average work, take your child or children and do either online cyber-school or step up to the plate and home school. You have choices. No whining, just pick the option for you.

2. Average work? You do realize that we were told in March on a Friday at about 2:45 that we may or may not be back to school on Monday. Get something ready for virtual just in case. Go!
3. We (school districts) are so much more prepared for online learning now than we were in March. Through Professional Development classes we have been doing all summer long. A lot of collaborative efforts amongst educators working together helping each other get much better as well.

So if you think we do average work, take your child or children and do either online cyber-school or step up to the plate and home school. You have choices. No whining, just pick the option for you.
I hope so because March, April, May, June was a joke. You guys better get it figured out. You were stealing in the spring. Having said all that you should be in school and kids should be in school. But hey you have a big powerful lobby and you Democrats want to win an election. You’ll burn down the whole damn country if you have to. Pathetic.

Seriously - is there reliable evidence that this is actually happening? Has Dr. Fauci mentioned it in such gloomy terms?

Or is it part of the 'everyone's dying' extreme panic that some people are buying into?

The virus is serious, no doubt, but the 'thousands ... maimed for life' statement does not sound entirely realistic.
No, no data. Small sample size studies with no relevant data as far as pre existing conditions, treatment protocol, disease progression, or peer review. Plus, none ever have any supporting information to put the information into perspective with regards to other viral and bacterial illnesses. Shoddy studies like these would never had been made public before this 24-7 news cycle we have today.

The power of observation and critical thinking seems to have left a large segment of the population. Per CDC estimates, there have been 5-million confirmed cases in the US with a probable 11x more undiagnosed. The five most populous states in the US have already encountered the first and second waves of the disease. Almost 20% of the entire population. If long term effects were a huge factor, wouldn’t general practitioners, pulmonary doctors, and cardiologists be getting slammed with follow up complaints? Wouldn’t hospitals be running at excess capacity? But they are not...

Heck, according to CDC surveillance data on Covid Like Illness (CLI), Pneumonia Like Illness (PLI), and Influenza Like Illness (ILI), the country as a whole is at half of the typical 2.4% visit baseline seen in years past.

On what do you base this? I cry foul.

I hope so because March, April, May, June was a joke. You guys better get it figured out. You were stealing in the spring. Having said all that you should be in school and kids should be in school. But hey you have a big powerful lobby and you Democrats want to win an election. You’ll burn down the whole damn country if you have to. Pathetic.
T-R-U-M-P-T-A-R-D. ?

No more whining please. As far as getting it figured out, that's for you to do. Make your choice.

No more whining please. As far as getting it figured out, that's for you to do. Make your choice.

I don't think you do average work. Studies suggest you do average work. You can Google that yourself.

Look you're going to get what you want. Hiding out in your basement until your dem union tells you to come out. That will be after Winter Break if you win in November and God knows how long if you lose. You'll burn the whole damn thing down if you have to. All in-spite of CDC and health experts recommendations of a return to school. What happened to follow the science? Only applies to the Fauci the Great?

You can remodel your basement and deduct as a home office. Think of fuel expense savings while contributing to a carbon neutral world all at the same time. You'll get your gauranteed paycheck regardless of any performance measurement. Yappi about your health & safety fears in between your Zoom classes. All on the backs of resident taxpayers. It just can't get any better for your group.

The power of collective liberty, or said another way Marxism.

No, no data. Small sample size studies with no relevant data as far as pre existing conditions, treatment protocol, disease progression, or peer review. Plus, none ever have any supporting information to put the information into perspective with regards to other viral and bacterial illnesses. Shoddy studies like these would never had been made public before this 24-7 news cycle we have today.

The power of observation and critical thinking seems to have left a large segment of the population. Per CDC estimates, there have been 5-million confirmed cases in the US with a probable 11x more undiagnosed. The five most populous states in the US have already encountered the first and second waves of the disease. Almost 20% of the entire population. If long term effects were a huge factor, wouldn’t general practitioners, pulmonary doctors, and cardiologists be getting slammed with follow up complaints? Wouldn’t hospitals be running at excess capacity? But they are not...

Heck, according to CDC surveillance data on Covid Like Illness (CLI), Pneumonia Like Illness (PLI), and Influenza Like Illness (ILI), the country as a whole is at half of the typical 2.4% visit baseline seen in years past.

Def needs more research but a troubling sign

To: Region2
Once again, you don't know your a** from a hole in the ground when you write that I'm going to get what I want. First off, I have made it very clear that I and many others want to be face to face with students. Secondly, at my school we are going back 4 days a week in person. Third: any decision about school comes from Superintendants, school boards, Back to school committees. Not me. I will do what is asked of me. Unlike bozo's like you. So you really have no clue. It's time for you to find something that will ease your anxiety because you are about to go off the deep end.

The reality is no one knows for sure what will happen will school starts. The test cases begin in ohio soon. Hope you are correct
There are other places in the world besides Ohio. European countries have either kept their kids in school or are sending them back as we speak, and there are no significant issues.

This study from Australia has some good news.

Attachments

• 1F716EE0-339A-4A53-96AA-044A09241DF5.png
    1F716EE0-339A-4A53-96AA-044A09241DF5.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 14
There are other places in the world besides Ohio. European countries have either kept their kids in school or are sending them back as we speak, and there are no significant issues.

What the other countries can teach the US about re-opening............... if the country is ready to listen.

Kids don’t die from it, and rarely spread it. That’s what the numbers say. They should be playing their sport.

Really?

I think we can very nearly all agree that the virus spreads most slowly when people are outside - and that its spread is also slowed, at least somewhat, when people are indoors but have the windows open. The worst situation is probably when people are in an air conditioned setting.

The comparisons between the U.S.'s recent struggles with the virus and the less severe struggles of European countries might be missing that element.

Many Europeans avoid ac when in their cars and indoors - feel it's unhealthy. And in northern Europe, even if the populace somehow desired ac as much as Americans, the moderate climate means ac is less often required.

The recent two-month increase in U.S. cases dovetails with the increased indoors-in-the-ac situation for much of the country's population.

Different thought: Unlike most folks, I kind of cheer when I hear a healthy person has become infected bc I believe that that means one more person will soon have the virus behind him or her. So when I hear that an athlete or student has contracted the virus, I feel that's a good thing and should not prompt a shutdown.

Ok - now those who disagree can start yelling at me ...

"A seven-year-old boy from Georgia with no underlying health conditions became the youngest person in the state to die from coronavirus."

"a 16-year-old girl from Miami-Dade County and a 17-year-old boy from Manatee County — have died from COVID-related complications in Florida, according to health department data. "

"Seven children in Colorado have contracted a rare new syndrome believed to be associated with COVID-19 and two have died from the condition, state public health officials said Thursday. "

"The Durham community is mourning the loss of an eight-year-old girl after she died from complications related to COVID-19. "

"Counties in Texas and Arizona have both ordered refrigerated trucks to operate as makeshift morgues amid rising death rates connected to each state's spikes of new COVID-19 infections."

"As coronavirus cases in Florida surge, 51 hospitals in Florida have run out of beds in their intensive care units (ICUs), the wards where patients with the most severe COVID-19 symptoms are treated. "

Yay.

I kind of don't cheer failure.

I can't argue, Those people/kids have put the virus behind them.

Really?

I will wait for you link to the percentage of high school kids who are dying from this. Then please compare that to the litinay of other things that actually kill them in far, far greater numebers.

Multiple studies have shown they don't spread it, and are most likely to get it from an adult, not each other. Our own CDC has been very clear, the kids should be back in school. You telling us 1 kid age 7 died from it would seem to suggest that your only acceptable threshold is zero deaths. Which of course is completely irrational and unattainable.

What is the realistic and acceptable number for you? I didn't realize it was a competition of what things kill teenagers in the greatest numbers. If it breaks into the top 10, will that be serious?

Saying "Kids don't die from it." is wrong. Then you get all high and mighty because someone simply pointed out you are wrong!

What is the realistic and acceptable number for you? I didn't realize it was a competition of what things kill teenagers in the greatest numbers. If it breaks into the top 10, will that be serious?

Saying "Kids don't die from it." is wrong. Then you get all high and mighty because someone simply pointed out you are wrong!
I am a pediatrician. Young people die every year from influenza so should we just shut down everything for ever? How many deaths from auto accidents, let's ban cars. Any loss is tragic, but avoiding all risk is impossible and "hiding" has it own set of problems.