Westworld Season 2

The second half of season one was so much better than the first I'm convinced they changed the writing staff midway through writing the show.

I'm a simpleton so I need to watch the episodes again. Still kind of lost. I'll keep watching though as the 1st season did this to me as well.

I really like this series. It has some nice twists to it. It is nothing like the movies. The concept of the first movie was good but it was all over the place when it came to direction. Second movie (futureworld) again had a good concept but the acting and pace of the movie were terrible.

Pretty creepy how they basically predicted the FB scandal. Also, I’m glad young William has been kind of phased out of a leading role. Nothing against the actor, but he’ll always be Liam McPoyle in my eyes

Last edited:
Pretty creepy how they basically predicted the FB scandal. Also, I’m glad young William has been kind of phased out of a leading role. Nothing against the actor, but he’ll always be Liam McPoyle in my eyes

Lol! I had completely forgot about that after the first few episodes. He was very good in this role that I think it usurped his McPoyle character.

search

Ramin Djawadi continues to hit home runs with the soundtrack.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Agree.

I also got a feeling I know what is going on and where they are going but it sure aint 100%.

There’s at least 3 difft time lines going on. However, the most recent episodes focused on the latter 2 time lines. One shortly before and after the revolt and one where the revolt was seemingly ended after Bernard admitted to drowning all of those hosts.

I gathered that. Last week and the week before will Delos' daughter would be another and Delos himself. The thing about Delos was intriguing because it was his 30 something version of him. Basically they wanted to show the audience that they could have consciousness live on 1). without ones body and 2). without them realizing this.

When he started to "act up" because he could not handle it, it was eerily familiar to Mr. Abernathy and Bernard "acting up" when told certain truths. I've always had a feeling Bernard is somehow Arnold and that Ford is very much alive. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I also did not like last weeks episode as they simply wanted to show "Shogun" world. I care more about AI and their sudden self awareness.

I gathered that. Last week and the week before will Delos' daughter would be another and Delos himself. The thing about Delos was intriguing because it was his 30 something version of him. Basically they wanted to show the audience that they could have consciousness live on 1). without ones body and 2). without them realizing this.

When he started to "act up" because he could not handle it, it was eerily familiar to Mr. Abernathy and Bernard "acting up" when told certain truths. I've always had a feeling Bernard is somehow Arnold and that Ford is very much alive. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I also did not like last weeks episode as they simply wanted to show "Shogun" world. I care more about AI and their sudden self awareness.

The Japanese Madam was hot. Everyone criticizes America for being violent, but Japan’s ancestory is built on blood.

And it’s William’s daughter. William was married to James Delos’ daughter and she committed suicide shortly before the beggining of S1.

I thought I would not watch season 2 but did, and liked it better than season 1. Looking forward to a season 3.

I think the philosophical discussions of the meaning of life are a little weak, but my readings of philosophy are very weak. So my take isn't worth much.

I know that I am supposed to feel sympathetic for the robots as they struggle to become human, but just as in Blade Runner and the series Humans. They're robots. So, no.

I like the unexpected use of rock music, like The Rolling Stones and Nirvana on a player piano. I'm sure I missed others and I wish that I was better educated or more perceptive.

Last edited:
Tried watching this. Only made it through one or two episodes. May have not even finished either.

Show creeped me out. Too realistic.

This show is very confusing with many story lines and time frames at once but the end ties it all together and it is very worth it. In the end my gut was right. Neat show which is not far off IMO.

I see the new season will premier soon. Aaron Paul is a new cast member.

I hope they dumb it down a bit for me this season. :LOL:

Pretty good thus far. Tough to always figure out when and where they are.

Big nod to Game of Thrones last night as the dragon shown in the design lab was spot on to one of GOT's dragons and Weiss and Benioff had cameos.