Western Reserve Job

Right? I don’t think anyone was wondering what the definition of elite was, more what is considered bad? I believe the South Range program is exactly the type of program you would want to pull from if your WR, but apparently some disagree. This all started bc Struthers fans got on a thread like they normally do and called this a bad hire. Again, shouldn’t take it personal, they think their own hire is a bad one. Somewhere deep down inside SPREAD thinks he should be the Head Coach and they would be winning State Titles doing things his way. You just can’t please some people and that’s the world you live in today.
I have a lot of respect for SR and their football program. I was disappointed when SR didn't want to schedule JFK anymore. To me SR was like Moggy. Tests you physically and mentally, strong tough kids and well coached with high character and disciplined players. It was a great measure where your program was and needed to go to compete. I think WR made a great hire and look forward to playing them this year. But I wanted to face WR with Hake at the helm. Love his passion against the private schools

I have a lot of respect for SR and their football program. I was disappointed when SR didn't want to schedule JFK anymore. To me SR was like Moggy. Tests you physically and mentally, strong tough kids and well coached with high character and disciplined players. It was a great measure where your program was and needed to go to compete. I think WR made a great hire and look forward to playing them this year. But I wanted to face WR with Hake at the helm. Love his passion against the private schools
Take a look at SR's schedule the last three years and you'll see why the series stopped. I have great respect for JFK and enjoyed that game, but it wasn't in the cards after the Raiders were kicked out of the ITCL.

Perhaps some kids left/aren't playing due to the firing of Cheech? I have no source on this, just taking a stab at it.

My understanding, this was a case of Coach Rach truly stepping down for "Personal" reasons. He has so much happening in his personal life, he didn't feel he could dedicate himself at this time. I heard things like: Has a young child (2 years old or so), has another one on the way any day now, and has had multiple surgeries over the years, all of these played a factor in his decision to step down.

This really stinks! Just another Black Eye for WR! Not sure where we will go from here, will be an interesting couple of weeks / months. Our schedule is front loaded with really solid Teams, whoever is taking over will have their hands full.

Chaos!
Sad day for the kids and the community. I hope they can bounce back from this and I hope Coach Rach really is ok. It’s been a tough couple years for that school district. Where do they go from here?

Sounds like everyone in that district needs to go smoke a THC pen to relieve some of that stress.

My understanding, this was a case of Coach Rach truly stepping down for "Personal" reasons. He has so much happening in his personal life, he didn't feel he could dedicate himself at this time. I heard things like: Has a young child (2 years old or so), has another one on the way any day now, and has had multiple surgeries over the years, all of these played a factor in his decision to step down.

This really stinks! Just another Black Eye for WR! Not sure where we will go from here, will be an interesting couple of weeks / months. Our schedule is front loaded with really solid Teams, whoever is taking over will have their hands full.
What’s gonna be his excuse when he is back on the SR staff

I mean..its not like anyone has advanced notice before a new baby pops up or anything. It must have caught him by surprise.
9 months ain’t enough time? Lol give me a break, he realized he wasn’t cut out to take on the responsibility of being a head coach and decided he didn’t want to do it, idc about him stepping down, but you’re supposed to know what you’re getting yourself into before you sign that contract

9 months ain’t enough time? Lol give me a break, he realized he wasn’t cut out to take on the responsibility of being a head coach and decided he didn’t want to do it, idc about him stepping down, but you’re supposed to know what you’re getting yourself into before you sign that contract

I'm pretty sure i could barely slice through the sarcasm here it was so thick. He was (I hope) being pretty facetious

Breaking News: I just received a text message from the former Lisbon football coach Alan Mikovich and he informed me he will become the next athletic director at Western Reserve. Alan led Lisbon to a combined record of 4-16 in 2 years

- Austin Malutic

Breaking News: I just received a text message from the former Lisbon football coach Alan Mikovich and he informed me he will become the next athletic director at Western Reserve. Alan led Lisbon to a combined record of 4-16 in 2 years

- Austin Malutic
Wasn’t he a Chaney guy?

Mike Kopachy rumors may be more than rumors. This would be an incredible hire for them this late in the year. There is a Chaney football foundation in place. If there was ever a guy who could clean that mess up, why not try someone who has done it already?

- Austin Malutic
That kid is the king I’d copy paste lmao

You might want to take your sarcasm meter into the shop. It's broken. ?

Wasn’t he a Chaney guy?

Mike Kopachy rumors may be more than rumors. This would be an incredible hire for them this late in the year. There is a Chaney football foundation in place. If there was ever a guy who could clean that mess up, why not try someone who has done it already?
Mike Kopachy is not going back to WR. The better story to chase down are the guys who were interviewed the first time around or who was reportedly on Rach’s staff. I

Mike Kopachy is not going back to WR. The better story to chase down are the guys who were interviewed the first time around or who was reportedly on Rach’s staff. I
Obviously I don't think he is, just found the Chaney connection interesting and I imagine a conversation would happen. You would have to think John Armeni at LaBrae would also be interesting. Those are two Chaney connections who both coached at Western Reserve. In reality maybe they should go with someone who has ties to that community. Hire someone who coached or played there and give the community someone they can rally behind. No one I have spoken to seems to have an idea, but you would think they have to move quickly.

Take this for what it's worth. Just got off the phone with someone in the building there. These are the names being thrown around.
DJ Dota - Last Head Coaching Job was at West Branch
Damon Buente- Part of Hake's staff and current Staff
Brett Powell- Hake's staff and Head Track Coach
Jason Lude- Defensive Coordinator at Salem and WR Alum (Played for Kopachy I believe)
Jason Cochran- Strong push in the community, was the DC under Hake
John Armeni- Head Coach at LaBrae and ties to WR

Which of these seem realistic and who should they choose? My top four choices would be:
1) Armeni
2) Dota
3) Lude
4) Buente

I heard a rumor that Powell was on the interview committee, and now he's a candidate? Must be nice to have that kind of pull.
Powell is not interested in the head coaching position!!!!!
Bret was happy being on the staff these past many years and into the future if possible, but he has no interest in the head coach position.

Doesn’t Dallas Saunders work in that community now? Former Struthers HC. Awful. Another awful former Struthers coach, an awful coach himself mikovich is hired as the AD.... lol and dota coached with those guys once upon a time too. I expect Him. I also expect the wr program to HURT

Doesn’t Dallas Saunders work in that community now? Former Struthers HC. Awful. Another awful former Struthers coach, an awful coach himself mikovich is hired as the AD.... lol and dota coached with those guys once upon a time too. I expect Him. I also expect the wr program to HURT
I believe he might be the principal at Western Reserve.
And, you are correct. An awful, awful coach. One of the worst ever at Struthers. :mad: