Western reserve discussion

Little birds were chirping in the stands tonight amongst some parents about making a pitch for 8-man football and starting a league in NEO to the AD and Board.

I had to get up and find a different spot after a while.
I could believe this. At one point it seemed like we were 3 for 20 passing with 2 of the completions being screens. We just kept on chucking it into double coverage. My biggest concern is the lack of development at the QB position. He has regressed since week 1. I was by a lot of restless parents too. Everyone is back next year. They will be better, but there was a lot of bad football this year.

I could believe this. At one point it seemed like we were 3 for 20 passing with 2 of the completions being screens. We just kept on chucking it into double coverage. My biggest concern is the lack of development at the QB position. He has regressed since week 1. I was by a lot of restless parents too. Everyone is back next year. They will be better, but there was a lot of bad football this year.
I think there was a reason they never threw it last year but some parents just didn't want to hear that

They threw it a lot the year before with success. It is crazy the drop off from Coach Hake a few years ago to what we saw this year.
They threw it a lot the year before with success. It is crazy the drop off from Coach Hake a few years ago to what we saw this year.
Hakes last year at Berlin was D6 with a competitive balance number of 104, this years number is 62. So I’d say it’s more about the Jimmy and the Joes

Hakes last year at Berlin was D6 with a competitive balance number of 104, this years number is 62. So I’d say it’s more about the Jimmy and the Joes
This is the real issue right here. Despite what some believe there simply aren’t as many kids in the school and the talent level has dropped. Is there a case to make that Hake recruited talent? Maybe, but the truth is if you don’t have the horses it’s hard to run. We don’t have enough talent right now.

This is the real issue right here. Despite what some believe there simply aren’t as many kids in the school and the talent level has dropped. Is there a case to make that Hake recruited talent? Maybe, but the truth is if you don’t have the horses it’s hard to run. We don’t have enough talent right now.
The enrollment numbers are crazy with how much loss WR had. The numbers rebound a bit in the middle school and elementary if i recall but not that much. As for next year, WR should be better but I don’t think they’ll be competing for a league title or anything. While they return most of the team, there isn’t much in the lower grades to replace the outgoing kids and bolster the returners. The WR jr high and Jv teams were one of if not the worst in the league this year