Western Reserve coach on leave. Accused of vaping THC in bathroom.

None of the things you listed would be worthy of working through giving someone a second chance, because those things all put kids in immediate danger (the payoff to hire somebody may not count as "immediate danger" but still damaging in its own right). I would have to concede that your logic carries over if Andy had been accused of distributing...but what he did, he did by himself, to himself, and to compare that to raping a minor is a bit ridiculous. The problem we have here is that people aren't seeing anything in between total forgiveness and complete termination with no chance of return. They could have had him off for a time with mandatory rehab and some date in the future to return, and that would have been a reasonable middle ground. Everybody seems to be discarding his successful coaching career as if it shouldn't be a factor...it boosts morale for the kids to have a coach who is able to motivate and train them to win, which he has. Part of the decision for getting rid of an employee is an honest analysis of whether or not he/she is an asset to whatever operation you are trying to run. It makes sense that they would want to work with someone who adds value.
If he had been caught doing this outside of school than maybe I can see your point here, but he brought drugs to school, used them on the premises and went back to teach children while impaired. There is no middle ground here. Like I said in previous posts HE erased any good that he may have done at the school in the past. It is no one's fault but his own. His offense might not be as serious as abusing kids but I would say using drugs on school property is #2 on the list of "Don't do these things as a Teacher/Coach". There is no argument to be had for him keeping his job.

So being impared and in charge of minors' safety isn't an issue?

Ok, got it.

If you have kids, how would you feel if you hired a babysitter and when u came home, they were high while watching your kids? Would you "give that person a second chance" and have them watch your kids again because of "one mistake?"
Great point.

Defending this man is such a bad look, I promise you people can do just as good a job of not better then he has coaching at a small school like western reserve with the talent that they have had in the recent years. Defending this guy as to getting a second chance, I agree people deserve them in life, but you also need to be held accountable, so in 5 years go for another job after you’ve been CLEAN from drugs.

Defending this man is such a bad look, I promise you people can do just as good a job of not better then he has coaching at a small school like western reserve with the talent that they have had in the recent years. Defending this guy as to getting a second chance, I agree people deserve them in life, but you also need to be held accountable, so in 5 years go for another job after you’ve been CLEAN from drugs.
Well said!!!

The fact that he hasn’t resigned speaks volumes about his character. He should have put in his resignation weeks ago instead of dragging the school through all of this embarrassment.

The story of Hake's character was written long ago. This is just another chapter of the same bad story. Putting the team and community ahead of his own ego by resigning quickly would be a stark departure from his MO. I would not be surprised if he was eventually allowed to resign rather than be terminated, but if/when that happens that will not be of his own free will.

Consider yourself fortunate that you didn't have to deal with his antics over in Mogadore on the regular.

Front runners for the job? Are they any former alumns that are assistants in the area that could be the guy?