Western Football Conference 2019

Was your Grade at Dominic Undefeated in Football the whole time you went to the School? That is really impressive,even in the old WFC Days.

OSP is a LIAR!!!
Up until 8th grade. Lost to Antoninous in the regular season and Martin in the playoffs. And I can’t take any credit for how good those teams were, I sucked as a player.

Up until 8th grade. Lost to Antoninous in the regular season and Martin in the playoffs. And I can’t take any credit for how good those teams were, I sucked as a player.

Lol! 2 Losses in a grade school career is still pretty impressive.

OSP is a LIAR!!!

How did the St Nicholas team with Kiner and Ramsey in the backfield ever lose?

They got beat by St Mikes in the Varsity playoffs but would of gotten rolled by Visitation and also beat by Susanna. Visi had Hambleton throwing darts across the field and Susanna had Vrsansky who was the just as good as Ramsey

They got beat by St Mikes in the Varsity playoffs but would of gotten rolled by Visitation and also beat by Susanna. Visi had Hambleton throwing darts across the field and Susanna had Vrsansky who was the just as good as Ramsey
Kiner is a yr older than those guys. I’m talking about the 2016 Nicholas team.

Lol! 2 Losses in a grade school career is still pretty impressive.

OSP is a LIAR!!!
It’s was impressive for the guys who played. I was a tackling dummy. Regardless, the point is, you need to add outside talent on top of the feeders.

Good luck with that.

OSP is a LIAR!!!

I don’t understand your response. E has had a few non feeders in the past. Who knows, with the new Fitness Center and the trajectory of this season, there might be more non feeder football players interested in Elder.

I don’t understand your response. E has had a few non feeders in the past. Who knows, with the new Fitness Center and the trajectory of this season, there might be more non feeder football players interested in Elder.

Yep a few. The school has to be interested,the kids and parents have to be interested and able to afford it. Elder waits for the kids to come to them, that’s why I said good luck.

OSP is a LIAR!!!

Yep a few. The school has to be interested,the kids and parents have to be interested and able to afford it. Elder waits for the kids to come to them, that’s why I said good luck.

OSP is a LIAR!!!

That seems like a sarcastic retort.

It's not as impressive as you think (for them). I caught the tail end of their bandit bowl game Sunday and I swear they had a 3rd grader playing with k-1. Are they holding kids back 2 years now? I was getting a little concerned for some of the Kindergartners.

Don't you dare accuse west-siders of red-shirting kindergartners. We're only allowed to complain when the east side schools do it with their 7th and 8th graders.

It's not as impressive as you think (for them). I caught the tail end of their bandit bowl game Sunday and I swear they had a 3rd grader playing with k-1. Are they holding kids back 2 years now? I was getting a little concerned for some of the Kindergartners.
Classless on your part to call out a bandit kid.

I believe Dominic did it a few times in the late 80’s early 90’s where every level was undefeated. Several of their classes never lost a game during their grade school years.
I think your right on the Blackhawks Coach O and Niehaus boys had come great teams.

Tell you what “BigSilly”, Are you willing to bet that the kid you are talking about would not have been the oldest kid on the victory roster for that same game?

Hate to break it to you but if parents are going to hold their kid back... and he has 6 inches on everyone else on the field/tossing younger kids around, people are going to talk... and those kids of appropriate age are going to lose interest in playing I would imagine.

Word of advise, if any new poster calls out anything negative (true) about the westside, you'll be called names, ostracized, and told you're crazy. Alot of people have a hard time accepting reality.

Don't take it personal, it's says more about them than it does you.

Oh I'm not and don't mind/agree with you. I have a young one that just played his first year of football and got to thinking while we were waiting for his game watching Visi... I could see how a lot of Victory kids weren't enjoying that game, that big kid was rough and aggressive. Kids/parents that are on the fence at this early stage with football will probably consider soccer after something like that.
I hate those rough and aggressive football players. Maybe Kindergarteners shouldn't play football.

For those of us who have been around the westside for awhile (most of us), it's pretty obvious when a kid is significantly older than his peers. It's taboo to publicly point it out, but it most certainly happens, and we all know it.

Frankly, it's dumb for the kids who can't compete, and dumb for the kid who is dominating everyone. The way the rules are written, a young kindergartner and an older 2nd grader can almost have 4 years of difference. That's just dumb.

Same as they get older in grade school - some kids are 18-24 months older than kids they are competing against in the same grade. Also very dumb (and kind of sad if you think about it). But it's been going on forever. Of course those kids are going to dominate. And then the whole collective westside wonders why they don't continue to dominate in high school.

It's a huge advantage people sweep under the rug, but then they'll cry like babies when an eastside school has a kid repeat 8th grade.

Speaking of GCYL Football where is the big kid from Visitation playing this season? He was their RB and MLB, think his last name was Hilvert. I didn't see him on Elder's roster or maybe I missed it.

Am I willing to bet he would NOT have been the oldest? I assume you mean oldest. I would probably take that bet, the size difference/physical development looked pretty drastic.
Name your bet, based on what I’ve been told I know the answer already so I’ll take whatever bet you want. I’m not going to call you or Trey names. Just want you both to acknowledge when you have your facts wrong.
Would either of you suggest that a kid who more gifted academically not be aloud to go to school with his peers. Please don’t tell me it’s not a good argument because the emotional scar a child can feel because they don’t feel as smart as their friends will do much more damage long term then any bouncing helmet in bandit football

Name your bet, based on what I’ve been told I know the answer already so I’ll take whatever bet you want. I’m not going to call you or Trey names. Just want you both to acknowledge when you have your facts wrong.
Would either of you suggest that a kid who more gifted academically not be aloud to go to school with his peers. Please don’t tell me it’s not a good argument because the emotional scar a child can feel because they don’t feel as smart as their friends will do much more damage long term then any bouncing helmet in bandit football

OSP is straight up Liar. Good luck getting him to acknowledge his made up (facts) are wrong.

I never purported to have the facts, I just observed a lot of kids getting beat up by a kid much MUCH larger than them (and I'm not talking just blocking, I mean literally throwing other kids) and his coach/father telling him great job. Also, admittedly not having the facts, I would have bet that kid was the oldest on the field when you asked - as would most who only saw the kids without knowing them. Could I be wrong? Sure. But the whole thing just looked wrong to me, I don't see how Victory was enjoying that game one bit - playing at the Pit should be a blast for these kids. Plus I do know Visitation's reputation is pretty well deserved - first hand.

I certainly respect parents holding their kids back for developmental reasons. Still doesn't mean I like to see the type of stuff I saw Sunday. Safety aside, isn't the goal here to get MORE kids sticking with football? This wouldn't be a way to do it.
Please expand on the well deserved reputation... Always dangerous characterizing an entire school.

I never purported to have the facts, I just observed a lot of kids getting beat up by a kid much MUCH larger than them (and I'm not talking just blocking, I mean literally throwing other kids) and his coach/father telling him great job. Also, admittedly not having the facts, I would have bet that kid was the oldest on the field when you asked - as would most who only saw the kids without knowing them. Could I be wrong? Sure. But the whole thing just looked wrong to me, I don't see how Victory was enjoying that game one bit - playing at the Pit should be a blast for these kids. Plus I do know Visitation's reputation is pretty well deserved - first hand.

I certainly respect parents holding their kids back for developmental reasons. Still doesn't mean I like to see the type of stuff I saw Sunday. Safety aside, isn't the goal here to get MORE kids sticking with football? This wouldn't be a way to do it.

Size and strength has really nothing to do with a kids actual age. You continue to call out a 7 year old, that’s totally FN sick!!!!

I have zero knowledge of this situation nor have I made any claims about it.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised as it's happened many times before.