Western Conference: (3) Oklahoma City (55-27) vs (6) Dallas (42-40)

Who wins?

• (3) Oklahoma City (55-27)

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • (6) Dallas (42-40)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
(3) Oklahoma City (55-27) vs (6) Dallas (42-40)

Regular season series (Thunder lead 4-0)
Nov 22, 2015 Dallas 114, Oklahoma City 117
Jan 13, 2016 Dallas 89, Oklahoma City 108
Jan 22, 2016 Oklahoma City 109, Dallas 106
Feb 24, 2016 Oklahoma City 116, Dallas 103

Last night's game was over before the late running Hawks/Celtics telecast switched over to it. This series is as much a formality as the Warriors/Rockets series.

Last night's game was over before the late running Hawks/Celtics telecast switched over to it. This series is as much a formality as the Warriors/Rockets series.
Mavs steal game 2 in OKC. Durant went 1 of 7 from the field in the final 3 minutes, including 3 misses in the final 30 seconds which would have given them the lead.

Durant was 7/33. He's the worst elite player in prime time, imo. People dog Lebron, but he has 10x the heart Durant has.

I remember when people were saying Durant was the best player in the NBA. He has never been the best player in the NBA. I would argue that he's not the best player on his team. OKC will still win this series handily, but it was fun to see Dallas steal one. Especially after that pre-game nonsense OKC players were doing.

Kevin Durant is definitely the best player on his team. Durant has one year where he's riddled with injuries and people forget what he can do.

What pregame nonsense? The part where they were goofing off and having fun before they played a game?

Kevin Durant is definitely the best player on his team. Durant has one year where he's riddled with injuries and people forget what he can do.

What pregame nonsense? The part where they were goofing off and having fun before they played a game?

I would argue that Westbrook is better, and although debatable, I could make a case.
And yes, the goofing off. That is a very good term thank you. Being loose, having hand shakes, getting fired up...all part of the game. Doing ghetto dances and acting the fool to clearly disrespect your opponent...completely different. You're a smart guy...I know you can see the difference.

How was that possibly disrespecting their opponent? Clearly you aren't a smart guy if that's what you saw. I saw two guys being loose, having a handshake and getting fired up. I saw Cancerpatient Villanueva (so insignificant of a player I'd rather take the time to type this than look up the correct spelling of his last name) and Jeremy Evans?? purposefully walk up in between the two and stand in their way, despite the fact they know Westbrook and Payne do this before every game at halfcourt.

You could argue Westbrook is better. You would lose that argument, but yeah you could argue it.

How was that possibly disrespecting their opponent? Clearly you aren't a smart guy if that's what yous saw.

You could argue Westbrook is better. You would lose that argument, but yeah you could argue it.

You know exactly what they were doing. Won game 1 by 28. Thought game 2 was a foregone conclusion. They were taunting the Dallas players and you know it. I know you like to disagree with everything I say, but that was out of the normal and intended to show up the Dallas players by showing them that the game isn't really important because we are going to win anyway, but look at us and the dance we made up.

You know exactly what they were doing. Won game 1 by 28. Thought game 2 was a foregone conclusion. They were taunting the Dallas players and you know it. I know you like to disagree with everything I say, but that was out of the normal and intended to show up the Dallas players by showing them that the game isn't really important because we are going to win anyway, but look at us and the dance we made up.

That was not out of the normal. That is what Westbrook and Payne do before every game. I saw two guys being loose, having a handshake and getting fired up. I saw Cancerpatient Villanueva (so insignificant of a player I'd rather take the time to type this than look up the correct spelling of his last name) and Jeremy Evans?? purposefully walk up in between the two and stand in their way, despite the fact they know Westbrook and Payne do this before every game.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing much of a difference between this and what the Cavs teams with LeBron, Mo, etc. frequently did 6-7 years ago. Not a big deal, IMO.

Definitely a steal last night for the Mavs, but they'll probably be fortunate to get another win. Durant and Westbrook combined were 15-55 from the field and OKC still had a chance at the end.

Yup. I'm starting to wonder when Dirk hangs it up. The Mavs have been pretty terrible at putting talent around him/keeping that talent and they always seem to lose to the other Texas teams when it comes to signing FAs. I can't imagine they make the playoffs next year.

They have been a classic "treadmill" team the last few years in which it seems like they are destined for a first round exit every year. Talent acquisition has been awful. They constantly whiff in free agency, and they never draft high enough to get anyone who can make a meaningful difference. I can't imagine Dirk wants to do this much longer. The Mavs probably would be better off if he walked away and they tanked it for a couple seasons.

I remember when people were saying Durant was the best player in the NBA. He has never been the best player in the NBA. I would argue that he's not the best player on his team. OKC will still win this series handily, but it was fun to see Dallas steal one. Especially after that pre-game nonsense OKC players were doing.

Bluth said it on the Curry thread.

Watching the Thunder's offense at the end of close games has been one of the most painful experiences in NBA viewing going on 4 years now. Donovan drew up a play last night with under a minute left to get a three point shot for Westbrook...he can't shoot worth a damn

Watching the Thunder's offense at the end of close games has been one of the most painful experiences in NBA viewing going on 4 years now. Donovan drew up a play last night with under a minute left to get a three point shot for Westbrook...he can't shoot worth a damn

The underneath out of bounds play was nice and Durant had a wide open look. He certainly doesn't look like a very clutch player, much like LeBron when he was younger.

Bluth said it on the Curry thread.

I still think he is the most gifted player in the NBA, but I agree with his lack of heart and/or mental fortitude. He has a tendency to shy away from the moment.

Day in day out in the regular season, KD is the best in the game IMO. But the elite players aren't judged by regular season play

Last edited:

I'll give him some more time to figure out the NBA vs. college.

Durant was 7/33. He's the worst elite player in prime time, imo. People dog Lebron, but he has 10x the heart Durant has.

LeBron gets way too much heat in comparison to Durant, I agree, but here are some of LeBron's shooting lines from last year's playoffs:

7-22
11-35
7-23
8-25
10-30
14-37
13-33

Bad games happen.

(BTW, in Durant's most recent postseason he averaged 29.6 and 9 rebounds on 46%, ultimately losing to the Spurs in 6 in the West Finals)