Western Buckeye League 2022

Not really.. if Bath ever joins the NWC it just speeds up the likely event of Ada leaving for the NWCC. Bath for Ada, even swap for a school that’s more centrally located to the league
Probably but maybe schools will look more into travel costs and reconsider.

I'd honestly think if *anyone* left, at this point the league would want to get to 8 than add the options available. Napoleon is another long trip for all but Defiance and Ottawa. LB would be the smallest school in the league. LCC is D7 AND has the private school recruiting stigma. Lima Sr. is a no. Not sure anyone would be excited about any of the options.

If hypothetically Bath left, I'd imagine pressure gets high on Kenton or Defiance to find a new home. They wouldn't be kicked out, but if any league was interested they'd probably be highly encouraged to jump.

I don't see any changes anytime soon. But the list of potentials isn't good.
IMO LB is a great fit for WBL if a school would leave. They would not be smallest for long. They already have more girls than Bath and OG and same number as Kenton. The travel to all the WBL schools would 4 lane road travel for most of the schools most of the way and VW would be over one hour drive.

The rest of the GMC could form an NWOAL small school division or a separate league

Ayersville
Edgerton
Evergreen
Delta
Fairview
Hicksville
Montpelier
Ottawa Hills
Tinora
Swanton

Could substitute Ottawa Hills and Swanton with Edon, Hilltop, or North Central

Hmm. Take out OH, you'd have 14. Tinora would compete well with the "big" schools.

6 team division: Bryan, Wauseon, PH, LC, Archbold, Tinora
Rest in an 8 team division. I think that would be a fun, competitive league too.

Sad. Can’t wait to watch them own the basement of the WBL in every sport besides girls basketball forever.

Apparently Bath is really only judged based on football and basketball because they don't own the basement of the WBL in all sports.
Boys cross country finished 2nd in the WBL this year and the team went to state
Boys golf - 3rd place
Girls soccer - 4th place
Girls tennis - 5th place
Girls softball - 2nd place
Boys tennis - 3rd place

Go see how many sports Elida places in the top half of the league. The only sports they placed higher in Bath is football with a 7th place and boys soccer with a 6th place finish this past season. Bath boys basketball last season was tied for 7th place with multiple teams with Elida in 10th place.

Apparently Bath is really only judged based on football and basketball because they don't own the basement of the WBL in all sports.
Boys cross country finished 2nd in the WBL this year and the team went to state
Boys golf - 3rd place
Girls soccer - 4th place
Girls tennis - 5th place
Girls softball - 2nd place
Boys tennis - 3rd place

Go see how many sports Elida places in the top half of the league. The only sports they placed higher in Bath is football with a 7th place and boys soccer with a 6th place finish this past season. Bath boys basketball last season was tied for 7th place with multiple teams with Elida in 10th place.
So Elida and Bath are overall awful?

Elida has better boys sports programs over the past 20 years. Elida is also a bigger school and wouldn't find another league around us to fit into. I think you can make an argument that Bath could find another home due to being smaller in enrollment. Bath doesn't have a single boys program competing in the upper half of the league regularly and challenging for titles. Throwing out a sport that did well in the WBL once in a decade or once in 20 years doesn't prove anything. Those same boys programs would fair much better in every league in NW Ohio, aside from the MAC. All boys sports would be top half in nearly every other league. Since we are talking about it I think LCC, Liberty -Benton, Bath, and Kenton would make a good starting point for a new league.

I'd honestly think if *anyone* left, at this point the league would want to get to 8 than add the options available. Napoleon is another long trip for all but Defiance and Ottawa. LB would be the smallest school in the league. LCC is D7 AND has the private school recruiting stigma. Lima Sr. is a no. Not sure anyone would be excited about any of the options.

If hypothetically Bath left, I'd imagine pressure gets high on Kenton or Defiance to find a new home. They wouldn't be kicked out, but if any league was interested they'd probably be highly encouraged to jump.

I don't see any changes anytime soon. But the list of potentials isn't good.
An 8-team WBL could be good in that it would give teams 3 non-conference games to beef up their schedules. Also, I think it would be good for basketball possibly moving to a double round robin (home and away) like most leagues do. Seems like the WBL, MAC, and NWC are about the only leagues in the region that don’t play double round robin in basketball.

An 8-team WBL could be good in that it would give teams 3 non-conference games to beef up their schedules. Also, I think it would be good for basketball possibly moving to a double round robin (home and away) like most leagues do. Seems like the WBL, MAC, and NWC are about the only leagues in the region that don’t play double round robin in basketball.
And where are these teams going to find games at? Wapak is playing Marion Local again out of necessity next season, where is Wapak going to find one more non league game let alone 2 more?

And where are these teams going to find games at? Wapak is playing Marion Local again out of necessity next season, where is Wapak going to find one more non league game let alone 2 more?
Schools like Bellefontaine, Bellbrook, Alter, and Badin play non conference games in Weeks 2 and 3.

None of this will happen. However, Kenton and Bath would be crazy to not have a plan and be considering these things. Neither fit the WBL as well as the others do. There is hope for Kenton to get things going again in football considering their success isn't that far in the past. If they can't the WBL is not beneficial for them. I don't see Bath putting together a winning boys program ever in any boys sport. Too much time has past since they've had sustained success in any boys sport. If they want to see some of their boys programs have sustained success they should consider other options. Or they can pretend it's 1985.

I think their football program is on their way up but there’s been a lot of noise about them going to the NWCC.

IMO the BVC won’t exist in 6 years
Wouldn't doubt it. But then Birddog there's the talk of splitting the NWC that you dont like the idea of but it would make sense.

You mean to tell me you wouldnt like a league of:

Allen East
Arlington
Bluffton
Columbus Grove
Crestview
Leipsic
McComb
Pandora Gilboa

When Arcadia and Vanlue combine, that could make 9 and Riverdale could make 10. Or leave it at 8 and that'll be what it is.

Wouldn't doubt it. But then Birddog there's the talk of splitting the NWC that you dont like the idea of but it would make sense.

Allen East
Arlington
Bluffton
Columbus Grove
Crestview
Leipsic
McComb
Pandora Gilboa

When Arcadia and Vanlue combine, that could make 9 and Riverdale could make 10. Or leave it at 8 and that'll be what it is.
There’s only one guy on Yappi that constantly brings up talk of splitting the NWC. Crestview might eventually find something else (doubt it though, they’re historically a top 2 NWC school across all sports) but you won’t get Grove, Bluffton, Allen East, Jefferson, and Spencerville to split from each other unless they’re forced to.

and that does even take into account the fact that to split the NWC between east and west, you’d have to split up the NWC, GMC, and MAC, 3 of the best, oldest, and most stable small school leagues in the state. Ain’t happening.

Allen East
Arlington
Bluffton
Columbus Grove
Crestview
Leipsic
McComb
Pandora Gilboa

This proposal is a loss for all the NWC schools in it too. The BVC schools here all have worse or no wrestling, much worse cross country, worse facilities, and worse gate for all sports than the 3 NWC teams to the west

This proposal is a loss for all the NWC schools in it too. The BVC schools here all have worse or no wrestling, much worse cross country, worse facilities, and worse gate for all sports than the 3 NWC teams to the west
It would finally give Parkway a conference they could compete in and they should play Crestview and Spencerville every year and if Lincolnview starts a program, it'd be a decent league for them.

Looks like it's the end of an era as Defiance games are no longer exclusively going to be on the radio. I'm not sure how next football season will look but only a few basketball games are going to be aired as isuckmedia/radio combines Defiance coverage with other GMC schools on 105.7. Pretty sure all Defiance football and basketball games, & many home/tournament baseball games, have been aired on 1280am since at least the early 90s if not longer. How sad. Wondering if any of the other few Defiance fans here know why this happened. (I can guess why)

Looks like it's the end of an era as Defiance games are no longer exclusively going to be on the radio. I'm not sure how next football season will look but only a few basketball games are going to be aired as isuckmedia/radio combines Defiance coverage with other GMC schools on 105.7. Pretty sure all Defiance football and basketball games, & many home/tournament baseball games, have been aired on 1280am since at least the early 90s if not longer. How sad. Wondering if any of the other few Defiance fans here know why this happened. (I can guess why)
WHY?

I don't remember if it was this station (or maybe an Internet thing), but I remember all the Defiance games being broadcast by two Lutheran ministers a few years ago.

I can almost guarantee that outside of maybe OG and VW, 105.7 will refuse to do road games too. Why spend the money on gas and lug equipment that far when the GMC games are close by? Napoleon is guaranteed to be on, if not 105.7 then on WNDH.

If they haven't already, hopefully Defiance gets on the live streaming bandwagon.