West vs Colerain

Academyfinal

Can Colerain pull the upset or will it really be an upset? Colerain is playing much better since the first meeting and west is probably playing about the same. Colerain will be much more competitive on defense, and West will probably run the ball alot. I think if West balances their offense out they will not lose. Its really up to the coaching staff on play calling in this one, West has the better players.

Can Colerain pull the upset or will it really be an upset? Colerain is playing much better since the first meeting and west is probably playing about the same. Colerain will be much more competitive on defense, and West will probably run the ball alot. I think if West balances their offense out they will not lose. Its really up to the coaching staff on play calling in this one, West has the better players.
I think you are overestimating how much Colerain is playing better now. All teams make improvements, but I wouldn't look for Colerain to be able to run the ball much better than in week 1. West has been shutting down every offense, meanwhile Colerains offense has struggled in every game except maybe Milford. Colerain didn't suddenly grow some linemen. They are massively outsized. They won't score much on West without some serious creativity......they may not have to, but that would be a tremendous effort from the defense.

Should be another close, low scoring game just like week one was. Bolden has been excellent in rematch games throughout his career. Don't know his exact record in rematches but at Colerain he beat the team much worse the second time around.

West, by 2 scores. Colerain still isn't good, they're very average, should have lost to Hamilton, Gave up a 4th quarter lead to Princeton. Colerain has won against bad teams. The teams win/loss record for Colerains opponents is 15-27 with Mason having the Most wins at 5, but mason has played won against worst teams. The combined win loss for Mason opponents is 10-29.

Colerain in the second half looks like a team that we’ve never seen before they’re slow they’ve not adjusted to west and they just look like they don’t care to win this game

St X will be tough for Lakota West next week. The match up between St X’s receivers and LW DB’s will be interesting to watch.

On a side note, the announcers on the WeAreColerain live stream were so butt hurt over this loss. Honestly, I was embarrassed for them by the way they were pouting.

The future: West takes over the number one spot GMC for quite some time Colerain and Princeton battle for number two

Sad to say I've got a vibe that the Cards will get their payback tonight.
With all do respect Fish the iceman as you so commonly used to refer to him is no longer coaching West. But I can understand to why you would have said that. I was nervous a little to. Especially at halftime. But Bolden I thought made some good adjustments going to the option which opened things up a bit more. St X will be a tremendous challenge next though.

Really interested to see how X attacks West next week. I am guessing it will be a lot of 4 wide sets with a lot of slants and crosses. Against LaSalle they were able to run the ball well, but I think West is more stout against the run game. This one feels like a 21-7 or 24-14 type game

St X will be tough for Lakota West next week. The match up between St X’s receivers and LW DB’s will be interesting to watch.

On a side note, the announcers on the WeAreColerain live stream were so butt hurt over this loss. Honestly, I was embarrassed for them by the way they were pouting.
Yeah, losing sucks. Especially when you aren't at full strength.

Don't feel embarrassed for us though, we've lost before in the playoffs...many, many times in fact. When you are announcers for a team that's going to lose, you try and sympathize with the majority of your audience who is likely going through the same feelings you are. No one wants to see their season end. And to be honest, West was the better team today. They absolutely deserved to win that game.

Congrats to West on the good season so far. Will be an advantage to be at home next week in the regional final. Should be good for a few points. Won't change the outcome of the game but could make it interesting for a half or so.

-CardinalsFan

Really interested to see how X attacks West next week. I am guessing it will be a lot of 4 wide sets with a lot of slants and crosses. Against LaSalle they were able to run the ball well, but I think West is more stout against the run game. This one feels like a 21-7 or 24-14 type game
Next week will go a long way to determine if St. X is a legit threat to win the state title or not. If the Bombers can't convincingly beat a team like West, they probably aren't going to do well when/if they have to face Pick Central, just my guess.

The Bombers should sell out on the pass. Throw the ball again and again and again and every now and again, hand it off. West's strength is absolutely defending the run up the middle.

These were the two best teams in the region all year. Glad to see they will play in the regional final. They've earned it.

-CardinalsFan

Colerain won the first half, West dominated the second. Thought Colerain was pushing them around for awhile, winning the game in the trenches.
West made adjustments and even with their starting RB sidelined, they still won. Bolden settled down in second half, and started making some good plays. Flowers was a non factor in this game credit west defense. ST X should win next week, but you have the #1 D vs #1 O....anything can happen.