West Jefferson Roughriders 2021

I know they return a bunch but will still have to go thru a MAC school.....
I think there is a potential path to not have to.

Coldwater stays in Region 24

West Jefferson (being in central district) could get moved to R23 potentially

NM Springfield, Columbus Grove, West Jefferson, and Coldwater win regions.

then you get: Coldwater vs Columbus Grove, West Jefferson vs NM Springfield

NM Springfield QBs a stud. You would be better of facing Coldwater again to be honest.

the QB is good but he’s only one player on the team.
Who very well could have won a state title last year. When the two time defending runners-up returns the best player on the football field from the finals, with not much else out there to truly compete (CG and CW lose their studs) then I wholeheartedly believe they are the odds on favorite to take the crown.

The Riders have another soft regular season schedule this will hurt them when they play someone quality in the playoffs.

They'd have to get by Fort Frye in order to get to NMS. Not sure what CG returns
Who very well could have won a state title last year. When the two time defending runners-up returns the best player on the football field from the finals, with not much else out there to truly compete (CG and CW lose their studs) then I wholeheartedly believe they are the odds on favorite to take the crown.
Voice, we have studs in the ranks as well but D6 goes through New Middletown. Beau Brungard is a Mr Football type talent.

They'd have to get by Fort Frye in order to get to NMS. Not sure what CG returns

Voice, we have studs in the ranks as well but D6 goes through New Middletown. Beau Brungard is a Mr Football type talent.
i’ll be honest i thought Brungard graduated last year before someone said something. i’d take West Jeff against Fort Frye more years than not.

The Riders have another soft regular season schedule this will hurt them when they play someone quality in the playoffs.
the Paint Valley pickup was a very good one for West Jefferson. Urbana... still don’t understand the reasoning behind why either team agreed to schedule that.

Columbus Grove loses a LOT of talent to graduation this year. I'm actually expecting Tinora to make some noise in region 22 this year and next year.

Columbus Grove loses a LOT of talent to graduation this year. I'm actually expecting Tinora to make some noise in region 22 this year and next year.
I think Tinora is going to be very good next year. Big and physical backfield and a returning solid QB. They’re going to surprise a lot of people.

Can't wait to see it when it's done
FB_IMG_1613239776193.jpg

Great looking facility. Congrats WJ!

I heard there was a player transferring out of WJ and going to Alder. Any truth to that rumor?

I have to get out and see the Beusher (sp?) kid play as a senior. I've seen him three times I think and he is a special player. One of the best throwers Ive seen. If he was bigger, he would get some looks at the college level.

He will be competing in the Elite 11 series in Indianapolis next month!
good for him. he seems like a high-end D2 prospect or low end D1 type of kid. as previously stated, his frame is probably what’s holding him back. i can see him ending up at a place like Dayton or Ashland. very talented arm.

good for him. he seems like a high-end D2 prospect or low end D1 type of kid. as previously stated, his frame is probably what’s holding him back. i can see him ending up at a place like Dayton or Ashland. very talented arm.
He'll be a solid pickup for most D3/D2 programs in Ohio. His height, frame, and lack of arm strength hurts him on film, IMO. Good player though.

He'll be a solid pickup for most D3/D2 programs in Ohio. His height, frame, and lack of arm strength hurts him on film, IMO. Good player though.
he's probably a scholarship kid somewhere, probably a D2 in Ohio/Michigan/West Virginia