West Jefferson Roughriders (2020)

I wouldn't say smooth. While I think WJ is a 9-1 team at worst; Coldwater is still the team to beat in the region - they'll make the playoffs. Mechanicsburg is either better or even with WJ. And Minster is another MAC team, and the OHC still hasn't ever beaten a MAC team (this could be the year).

You don't lose half of your offensive production and most of your offensive line and have smooth sailing too often. West Jefferson is poised for it more so than most, and I believe they will be capable of winning R24, but not with ease.

Anna will be devoid of talent. Covington will be, well, Covington. Coldwater has two stout OOC games that they very well could lose and miss the playoffs.

Minster. Minster may pose some competition for yall.
Coldwater to me is 8-2 at worst. The wild card game to me is Kenton. But we literally beat Kenton last year by rushing 4 guys. If we can do the same, then 9-1 is achievable.

i would say in D6R24, the top 5-6 teams that make it to the playoffs will be capable of winning it. it’s that loaded. i’m very excited to see some potential WJ/Mburg vs Coldwater/Minster/Covington and Adena/Paint Valley matchups

Coldwater may be a slight challenge for West Jeff but the rest of the region ........ehh

giphy.gif

I'm for real. The west Jeff team I saw play the Burg and Shawnee last year, forget the names on the back and who may have graduated, they were focused sharp and have 70 kids on the sideline, 12 coaches 2 white boards under tents. The Rough Riders take football serious and have a singular goal as a school & community, only a good MAC team - in this case Coldwater- can hang with that when they bring their A game.

Just as I speak the truth about J.V. and SCC in general but especially GBB I speaketh the truth here!

Last edited:
Until WJ beats a team from the MAC, a MAC team is the favorite. WJ just needs to worry about week 1.
Yes Sir, Take no team lightly! One game at a time, learning from the mistakes made the week before. WJ will be ready, they have size, numbers, talent, and a good number of Seniors. However anything can happen if you don't keep that focus.... Any given Friday!

Good news today, Governor Dewine announced lifting restrictions for low contact sports, such as baseball, tennis, swimming. How long will it take them to lift restrictions on HS Football? The HS teams only have about a 2 month window, they need to be on the practice field by August 1st.

Good news today, Governor Dewine announced lifting restrictions for low contact sports, such as baseball, tennis, swimming. How long will it take them to lift restrictions on HS Football? The HS teams only have about a 2 month window, they need to be on the practice field by August 1st.
i think things get going July 6th, that’s a safe bet

WJ will be ok this season but just wait for Buescher's 12th grade year!
Once the incoming 9th grade team hits the 10th grade, I will for sure say, "look out".
They are loaded at every position and deep and if you seen the 8th grade team play last year you got to see a glimpse of just how good they can be!
But this season, I look for a mediocre WJ season.
To play and try to win the league and try and make the playoffs.
If they can make the playoffs, I don't look for them to make it past the regionals.

The league this year I would say that Burg would be the favorite with what they have coming back but the league champs are on top until they are taken down.
WLS says they will be down for awhile but with their coaching staff and McGill, I don't buy it.

WJ's schedule this year they could face playoffs teams in (Waterford, Greenview, Burg, Fairbanks, & WLS)

But as for beating a MAC team, not sure it will be this year but I can see it is coming very soon.
I just wish that WJ would beef up that schedule.
I know that Waterford is a playoff regular each year but not the powerhouse that WJ needs to get prepared for the playoffs.
No offense to the Waterford program! They do have a good program in place.

Once the incoming 9th grade team hits the 10th grade, I will for sure say, "look out".
They are loaded at every position and deep and if you seen the 8th grade team play last year you got to see a glimpse of just how good they can be!
If they can make the playoffs, I don't look for them to make it past the regionals.

The league this year I would say that Burg would be the favorite with what they have coming back but the league champs are on top until they are taken down.
WLS says they will be down for awhile but with their coaching staff and McGill, I don't buy it.

WJ's schedule this year they could face playoffs teams in (Waterford, Greenview, Burg, Fairbanks, & WLS)

But as for beating a MAC team, not sure it will be this year but I can see it is coming very soon.
I know that Waterford is a playoff regular each year but not the powerhouse that WJ needs to get prepared for the playoffs.
you’re right about beefing up the schedule. no one usually gives them a game in the south. they avoided both Greeneview and Greenon during their good years due to the scheduling rotations. Fairbanks, WLS, and Mechanicsburg are good opponents but i look for WLS and Fairbanks to be down this year compared to other years. now, WJ has scheduled some good games. Bishop Ready was a nice add. Paint Valley on the future schedule is quality as well. but Urbana? that’s bad

Coldwater to me is 8-2 at worst. The wild card game to me is Kenton. But we literally beat Kenton last year by rushing 4 guys. If we can do the same, then 9-1 is achievable.

Are the first round playoff tickets included with the rest of the pre-sale season tickets again?

Wow, ----- Just Wow! I am sure the 2020-21 WJ team will not have this outlook for the season.

Last edited:
WJ has to replace 4 starters from the O-line and not to mention Gabe Jones which was A Lot of the offense.
Now, in the past, they have replaced the previous years production very well (Mendenhall, Inks ETC.) with new production but it won't be as easy this season.
A bunch of kids did see playing time last season even in the playoffs due to blowouts.
This years RB Frybarger, could have been a starter anywhere last season and he will be a beast this season.
I look for the wj O-line to be smaller but faster.
Buescher should have a stronger arm and will have other WR's step up.
#10 Oberle will have a great year on both sides of the ball.
But a lot of new names will be called this year.
Will any kids from the 9th grade team get to play?
There are kids that could but who knows???

WJ has to replace 4 starters from the O-line and not to mention Gabe Jones which was A Lot of the offense.
Now, in the past, they have replaced the previous years production very well (Mendenhall, Inks ETC.) with new production but it won't be as easy this season.
A bunch of kids did see playing time last season even in the playoffs due to blowouts.
This years RB Frybarger, could have been a starter anywhere last season and he will be a beast this season.
I look for the wj O-line to be smaller but faster.
Buescher should have a stronger arm and will have other WR's step up.
#10 Oberle will have a great year on both sides of the ball.
But a lot of new names will be called this year.
Will any kids from the 9th grade team get to play?
There are kids that could but who knows???

Sooner than most think.

I project it will be the next time they face a MAC squad. The league will be down next year quite a bit.

Sooner than most think.

I project it will be the next time they face a MAC squad. The league will be down next year quite a bit.
I so agree with this^^^^^, West Jeff could be very tough this year. Tyler Buescher has 2 years starting under his belt, Tyler is bigger with a stronger arm. There will be a arsenal of receivers this year, Seniors Hitzeman, Scott, and Oberle, along with several others such as MJ Book. The running game will be very strong this year, RB Gavin Frybarger will be the biggest back WJ has had in the last 3-4 years, A strong runner with great vision, has the size to run between the tackle and the speed to get to the outside. WJ will give up some size this year on the O line, however will pick up in speed over last year. Look for good things from WJ this year.