West Jefferson Roughriders (2020)

WJfan4life

FB_IMG_1579894881272.jpg

That's a long way for Waterford to travel
Especially to get whipped. That will be a long ride home after a loss.
WJ is going to be loaded and good for years to come. They are the Giant of the OHC. Good coaching staff, big kids, HUGE numbers, and a community who fully supports football. Makes for a lot of good years ahead for them.

Always been ‘a fan’ of West Jeff from afar, but Waterford is a weird pick-up. They’re an alright D7 who plays in a league where all but one of their opponents are horrid. They’re a rank or two below West Jeff’s level. (Basically they’re the SE Ohio public version of us.)

Point cow says “MOOOOO.”

Last edited:
West Jeff vs Urbana is going to be U-G-L-Y. Hillclimbers are way down and have nothing in the immediate future to save the day. Truly a sad state of affairs

Carlisle is a haul for W Jeff. I see the Indians being down again in 20-21. League changes are going to be tough for them. West Jeff is always very good. That looks like a manageable schedule.

i think the two OOC games for a west Jefferson won’t be helping them with harbins. they’ll get in the playoffs, but maybe need 9-1/10-0 to get a home game

i think the two OOC games for a west Jefferson won’t be helping them with harbins. they’ll get in the playoffs, but maybe need 9-1/10-0 to get a home game

I agree, they'll be fine. WLS has played Ben Logan and Graham. Probably about the same as playing Carlisle and Waterford. The big harbins will come from beating teams like WLS, Burg, Greeneview, Fairbanks, etc.

I agree, they'll be fine. WLS has played Ben Logan and Graham. Probably about the same as playing Carlisle and Waterford. The big harbins will come from beating teams like WLS, Burg, Greeneview, Fairbanks, etc.
for sure. they will be great next year, and i expect another playoff run from the riders. but their OOC just isn’t doing them any favors. WLS’s makes more sense with rivalries but it still isn’t much better in terms of harbins. when Paint Valley joins WJ’s schedule in 2021, that will be an awesome game for them. the Urbana series coming up is still a head scratcher to me, i’m not sure why either team agreed to that

West Jefferson will have another good showing this year, yes they lost that big Senior O-line and of course Gabe Jones "Natural Playmaker", however the have simply a fantastic group of receivers this year and with Tyler B being a Junior and a little bigger, he will be a force to recon with. They have a pretty good size Senior class, right around 14, then Gabe Jones back up from the 2020 season was Gavin Frybarger "Senior" he didn't get a lot of playing time, only rested Gabe but will still able to log nearly 700 rushing yards. Will be a fun year for the Rider fans. The big games being WLS, Burg, and Greenview.

West Jefferson will have another good showing this year, yes they lost that big Senior O-line and of course Gabe Jones "Natural Playmaker", however the have simply a fantastic group of receivers this year and with Tyler B being a Junior and a little bigger, he will be a force to recon with. They have a pretty good size Senior class, right around 14, then Gabe Jones back up from the 2020 season was Gavin Frybarger "Senior" he didn't get a lot of playing time, only rested Gabe but will still able to log nearly 700 rushing yards. Will be a fun year for the Rider fans. The big games being WLS, Burg, and Greenview.
oh i knew they would be good again. will be passing more for sure. i’m just saying with the weak OOC it might take 9-1 to get a home game, and that is doable.

I'm torn between who to pick to win the OHC North. I think it's for sure either WJ or Burg. Frybarger is super talented and I think he will lead the league in rushing and Buescher is the best QB in the conference. The Conley/Propst duo at Burg is almost as impressive. I know WJ lost a lot, but damn...they just reload, I'm sure there are some pretty good players filling the voids. I would love to be at the Burg/WJ game this year.

I just don't think WLS or Fairbanks have the horses, both lost way too much to graduation. WLS' incoming senior class is super talented, but I'm worried about their line and whomever may get the nod at QB.

Now to address the elephant in the room. Will we have a High School football season? Dewine announced today we would not hold class for the remainder of the School year, said it was to early to speak of School starting in the fall. The incoming Seniors will be heartbroken without a season.

Now to address the elephant in the room. Will we have a High School football season? Dewine announced today we would not hold class for the remainder of the School year, said it was to early to speak of School starting in the fall. The incoming Seniors will be heartbroken without a season
I'm torn between who to pick to win the OHC North. I think it's for sure either WJ or Burg. Frybarger is super talented and I think he will lead the league in rushing and Buescher is the best QB in the conference. The Conley/Propst duo at Burg is almost as impressive. I know WJ lost a lot, but damn...they just reload, I'm sure there are some pretty good players filling the voids. I would love to be at the Burg/WJ game this year.

I just don't think WLS or Fairbanks have the horses, both lost way too much to graduation. WLS' incoming senior class is super talented, but I'm worried about their line and whomever may get the nod at QB.
Not trying to be petty, Beuscher is a good player, but Cade Rice is hands down the best QB in OHC.

I think there will be a big advantage in 2020 for teams with no coaching changes and returning starting qb’s since it appears there will be little to no off season team voluntary workouts and 7 on 7 camps. West Jeff has both and the qb happens to be the coaches son with 20 starts under his belt. WJ has to replace that big oline but they have a good number of kids in the roster and should be able to field a respectable team. Let’s just hope we all have a 2020 high school football season.

West Jefferson moves to Division 6 this year, with Coldwater, Anna, Minster, Covington, should be a exciting season for sure.

West Jefferson moves to Division 6 this year, with Coldwater, Anna, Minster, Covington, should be a exciting season for sure.
Anna will be devoid of talent. Covington will be, well, Covington. Coldwater has two stout OOC games that they very well could lose and miss the playoffs.

Minster. Minster may pose some competition for yall.

Anna will be devoid of talent. Covington will be, well, Covington. Coldwater has two stout OOC games that they very well could lose and miss the playoffs.

Minster. Minster may pose some competition for yall.
Minster will have to be improved over last season to compete with WJ